PDA

View Full Version : Shopping at the Park vs. Online Questions

mattsmomma
07-11-2005, 09:44 AM
For those of you who've done some shopping at the park, I know to expect higher prices, but I'm curious how high?! I've been looking online at Laughingplacestore & T-shirts can be close to $50. Is this comparable to what I should expect when I arrive at DL? Just want to budget accordingly,
Thanks!
~julie

mattsmomma
07-11-2005, 10:10 AM
nevermind, I read the fine print on the site & think I awnsered my own question...but if you have any tips for me feel free to let me know!
I did catch some sales at the Disney Store, but I want to still make some fun purchases at the park as well.
~Julie

fjhuerta
07-11-2005, 11:34 AM
IMHO, Disney Direct has better stuff, and its priced a lot more sensibly. I don't regret not having bought anything off Disneyland this time around.

biolabetty
07-11-2005, 11:38 AM
I like to shop online at Disney Deals. It is run by Disney, and I have purchased a t shirt from there for $5.00, and found it later at Disneyland for its original $28. You never know what it going to be on there, but I have gotten some pretty good deals on things.

crazi4dlr
07-11-2005, 03:34 PM
I have to tell you that I went to laughingplace.com and checked on a couple of Christmas Stockings that are $20 at the Christmas Store in NOS and are $35 online before S&H. You can see which is the better deal.

biolabetty
07-11-2005, 03:52 PM
I know that on Disney Deals right now, they have a Belle plush Christmas stocking for $7.99, a Pooh plush stocking for the same price, and a Tinker Bell plush stocking for $9.99. Some of them are items that you bid for, but one can be bought now. Usually this time of year people aren't trying to beat you out for Christmas things, so I end up getting what I want. You do have to pay a shipping cost, but that still doesn't add up to as much as buying it directly at Disneyland. When your item arrives at your home, the original Disneyland purchase ticket is usually still on the item, and you know how much you've saved.

crazi4dlr
07-11-2005, 03:55 PM
I know that on Disney Deals right now, they have a Belle plush Christmas stocking for $7.99, a Pooh plush stocking for the same price, and a Tinker Bell plush stocking for $9.99. Some of them are items that you bid for, but one can be bought now. Usually this time of year people aren't trying to beat you out for Christmas things, so I end up getting what I want. You do have to pay a shipping cost, but that still doesn't add up to as much as buying it directly at Disneyland. When your item arrives at your home, the original Disneyland purchase ticket is usually still on the item, and you know how much you've saved.

Thanks for the lead on Disney Deals, I went there right after I read your post and got the Tink Stocking which is one of the ones I was looking at. With S&H I paid 15.94 which saved me $4 over the park price not including tax. Great web site. Thanks again!!!

biolabetty
07-11-2005, 04:54 PM
You're welcome, I love that site (spent way too much time there). :D

stan4d_steph
07-11-2005, 06:49 PM
I would say depending on the shirt expect to pay $20-30.