PDA

View Full Version : AP or no AP? Help

kc10family
07-11-2005, 08:29 AM
We (DH & I) are debating getting AP’s this year. We are scheduled to go to DL in Sep and I think it would be great to get AP’s so we can go around the Christmas time as well as in the spring.

I read a thread where a family buys an AP say around July one year then goes again the next summer before the AP expires.

(FYI) We live in N. Cal about 8 hours from DL. I have two girls.. 3 ½ and 21 mths. Along with the fact that we are military (so we never know what’s coming next per Uncle Sam).

Last, we hope to go to WDW in 2 years.

Therefore, my question is… Would you get AP’s if you were me?

Darkbeer
07-11-2005, 08:33 AM
What I would do is buy Multi-Day ParkHoppers for your September trip before you go, this will give you the Early Entry and the ESPN Zone Game Card.

Then on the last day of your trip, I would upgrade to either a SoCal or Deluxe AP, this way, you spend a few more dollars, and can spread the cost over two times (the ParkHopper and the Upgrade). A deluxe will get you into the park most days, and if you are here on a Saturday Blockout day, you can either do something else (Knott's, the beach, etc..) or buy a Blockout pass for $30.

hlbtimes2
07-11-2005, 08:37 AM
If you think you are going to have a chance to come back during the next year, then YES, I would get an AP. But, there isnt really a reason to decide right now. Go ahead and get a park hopper for your upcoming trip. Use the extra features that come with it (like early entry) during your visit. Then, on the last day, upgrade to a AP. They will give you credit for what you paid toward your upgrade.

OR:

Yeah, do what darkbeer said. LOL

phoenixfire2k5
07-11-2005, 09:22 AM
Yeah, do what darkbeer said. LOL

Yeah, what they said. LOL!