PDA

View Full Version : Walking distance question.

gothemi
07-10-2005, 08:33 PM
I am staying at the Anabella Hotel off of Katella this summer. My plan was to leave my car parked at the hotel and walk to DL. What is the quickest way into the park. I have though about walking to the Timon parking lot (near DCA) and catching a tram, but can you do that. Is there an opening on the Katella side? My other plan was to walk up Disneyland Dr., but where can I get into the parks from there...through GCH?

phoenixfire2k5
07-10-2005, 08:38 PM
I am staying at the Anabella Hotel off of Katella this summer. My plan was to leave my car parked at the hotel and walk to DL. What is the quickest way into the park. I have though about walking to the Timon parking lot (near DCA) and catching a tram, but can you do that. Is there an opening on the Katella side? My other plan was to walk up Disneyland Dr., but where can I get into the parks from there...through GCH?

Going by the address of the hotel, I believe there is a gate right there on Katella across the street from the Convention Center. But I'm not sure if it is always open. If you can get in there, you might be able to get onboard the Lion King tram to the park entrance. Other than that, just walk to Harbor, and up Harbor Blvd to the entrance. Probably about a 10 - 15 minute walk, depending on how fast you go. DO NOT walk over to Disney way and try to go through the GCH. That is the long way. Check the Katella gate, or walk up Harbor.

Malcon10t
07-10-2005, 08:40 PM
I am staying at the Anabella Hotel off of Katella this summer. My plan was to leave my car parked at the hotel and walk to DL. What is the quickest way into the park. I have though about walking to the Timon parking lot (near DCA) and catching a tram, but can you do that. Is there an opening on the Katella side? My other plan was to walk up Disneyland Dr., but where can I get into the parks from there...through GCH?We stay there too. To get in the Timon lot, cross the street, and go east on Katella about a football field or so (its almost directly across the street from the Convention Center) and there is a gate into the parking lot. My kids go this way all the time. (I take the ART.)

phoenixfire2k5
07-10-2005, 08:41 PM
We stay there too. To get in the Timon lot, cross the street, and go east on Katella about a football field or so (its almost directly across the street from the Convention Center) and there is a gate into the parking lot. My kids go this way all the time. (I take the ART.)

Then I take it is open.

Malcon10t
07-10-2005, 08:45 PM
Then I take it is open.It always has been when we have been there. (Last visit was May.) My kids hate waiting for ART and the boys always go out the back side of the Hilton and cross and head into the Timon lot. When we started staying at the Anabella, the girls cross to Timon also. It is faster than ART at night coming back.

phoenixfire2k5
07-10-2005, 08:51 PM
It always has been when we have been there. (Last visit was May.) My kids hate waiting for ART and the boys always go out the back side of the Hilton and cross and head into the Timon lot. When we started staying at the Anabella, the girls cross to Timon also. It is faster than ART at night coming back.

Good to know. I was just guessing that it might not always be open. That gate has been there since the old parking lot. And back then, it wasnt always open.

tod
07-10-2005, 09:02 PM
Good to know. I was just guessing that it might not always be open. That gate has been there since the old parking lot. And back then, it wasnt always open.

It was always open as a pedestrian gate. It was not always open as an auto gate.

--t

TrekkieDad
07-11-2005, 06:40 AM
I stayed there a few years ago and walked throught the GCH. I considered walking through the parking lot, but it looked like it invovled jaywalking across Katella and then waiting for a tram, if it was running.

Mooshu
07-11-2005, 06:46 AM
When I stay on that side of DL, I always walk through GCH and DTD. It's only about 1 block to GCH on Disneyland Dr. and only about a 5 minute walk (if that). You can take the monorail into DL if you turn left exiting GCH instead of waiting with the masses at the regular entrance. I feel the sooner I get onto Disney property the sooner the magic begins!!!

gothemi
07-11-2005, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the help folks. Either way sounds to be the same amount of time, with the parking lot gate having less of a walk. Thanks again.

hefferdude
07-11-2005, 11:36 AM
On foot:

Anabella to the park esplinade cutting thru GCH = ~3738 ft. or .71 mi.
Anabella to the monorail crossing Disney Way by PPH =~2680 ft. 0r .51 mi.
Anabella to Timon tram via Katella crossing =~2493 ft. or .47 mi.
Timon tram drop off to esplinade =~606 ft. or .12 mi.

:geek:

gothemi
07-12-2005, 07:31 AM
On foot:

Anabella to the park esplinade cutting thru GCH = ~3738 ft. or .71 mi.
Anabella to the monorail crossing Disney Way by PPH =~2680 ft. 0r .51 mi.
Anabella to Timon tram via Katella crossing =~2493 ft. or .47 mi.
Timon tram drop off to esplinade =~606 ft. or .12 mi.

:geek:

Wow, thank you. Maybe next time can you wrap it up with some pie graphs and flow charts...LOL. Just kidding, but thanks for replying. How did you obtain this info?