PDA

View Full Version : Enhanced FastPass, is this unlimited FastPass?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Hakuna Makarla
07-10-2005, 05:15 PM
I am not sure what these mean, does it mean every ride you go on you have a fast pass to go on them? how does it work and so on?

Malcon10t
07-10-2005, 05:32 PM
I am not sure what these mean, does it mean every ride you go on you have a fast pass to go on them? how does it work and so on?It means you can collect 1 fast pass from each ride that has a fast pass without the wait on the network. Go to the top of the MousePad area and read DarkBeers info on Fast Passes.

Disney Vault
07-10-2005, 05:38 PM
We used this on our last trip. We had more fastpass tickets then we knew what to do with. We plan on buying our tickets through AAA as long as they do this.

CrazyMouse
07-10-2005, 06:35 PM
We used this on our last trip. We had more fastpass tickets then we knew what to do with. We plan on buying our tickets through AAA as long as they do this.

DBF this August will be my first time to use the Enchanced Fastpasses, can you give me tips on getting numerous fastpasses? thanks

Hakuna Makarla
07-10-2005, 07:52 PM
this sounds to good to be true, can you get it thru the disney company to?

sleepyjeff
07-10-2005, 08:13 PM
NO^.........Available only thru AAA when buying a Disneyland Resort Hotel package from them.

:)

CrazyMouse
07-10-2005, 09:49 PM
Yes you can only get the Enchanced Fastpasses by booking through AAA Vacations. But in order to really get the Enchanced Fastpasses you need to stay on the resort, I mean that you have to stay at one of the three Disneyland hotels. Before, I can recall, you were able to get the Enchanced Fastpasses by booking through AAA and staying at a Good Neighbor Hotel, but they got rid of it.

Disney Vault
07-10-2005, 10:04 PM
DBF this August will be my first time to use the Enchanced Fastpasses, can you give me tips on getting numerous fastpasses? thanks
Just as soon as you get to the park grab one for almost everyride you can. Then just plan your day around the return times you get. And as soon as you get off the ride grab another for that same ride. They aren't very strict about return times so you can use them much later in the day even if it is past your window of time.

mkcbunny
07-10-2005, 10:37 PM
So the Enhanced FP packages offer a FP for all the rides in one day now? Didn't it use to be up to three FPs for the Enhanced FP packages?

Darkbeer
07-10-2005, 10:48 PM
All the details can be found in this thread...

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=43193

Hakuna Makarla
07-23-2005, 09:30 AM
ok, do I have to be a member of AAA to get this feature? I am not a AAA meber,and I did not see an AAA in Butte ( where I live) I want this feature and since I can buy my air fare thru some other means I want to get the motel and the tickets thru AAA. Help if any one has it please :)

one more thing, can I pay for it slowly or do I need to pay it all right away?

Darkbeer
07-23-2005, 09:52 AM
Most AAA offices (AAA is a group of affliated clubs, such as here in SoCal we have one club, Northern California has its own club) will alllow you to use their Travel services for an extra fee. But the fee is pretty much the same price as a membership, so in most cases, it is best to just join. Check with your local office.

This website will direct you to the proper office in your area...

http://ww2.aaa.com/scripts/WebObjects.dll/ZipCode.woa/wa/route

10-97
07-23-2005, 10:13 AM
You don't have to be a AAA member to book a vacation, but only AAA members get the hotel discount. The hotel discount is 10% - 15%, so it might be worth it to join AAA. They ask for a small deposit when you book, and full payment one month before the first day of vacation.

To get the enhanced FastPass, you need to book a minimum of two nights at one of the resort hotels.

We booked through AAA last summer, and everybody in our family liked the enhanced FastPass.

phoenixfire2k5
07-23-2005, 11:18 AM
So far, so good. But please fellow mousepadders, let's please not turn this thread into an arguement of ethics as it has in the past. ;)

Pat-n-Eil
07-24-2005, 07:43 AM
I am not sure what these mean, does it mean every ride you go on you have a fast pass to go on them? how does it work and so on?

And to answer the original question - when you see the terms "unlimited FastPass" and "enhanced FastPass", they mean the same thing. I think the terms have actually been changed in the literature in recent years - but all we're really talking about is the AAA vacation package FastPass which allows you to get a FastPass for every FastPass attraction at the same time.

As others have written, and as I've been directly told by multiple Cast Members in the park, the return time is strictly adhered to but the expiration time is not. I figure they do this as a safeguard for when a ride goes 101 or has some problem during that hour in addition to just plain old customer service. This de facto unenforced part of the expiration time is handled this way for all FastPasses, not just the enhanced version.

My family loves this feature which is why we've booked through AAA for the past few years (aside from the price break). I like to make a sweep of the park when I first arrive and then replenish the FastPasses for the rides we want to do again either right before or right after we ride. Just be considerate of other guests by not getting FastPasses that you don't really intend to use because there are only a limited number issued per hour/day.

PragmaticIdealist
07-25-2005, 03:15 AM
this sounds to good to be true... ?

You're right. The catch is that you will effectively be cutting in line in front of the other Guests.

To use Enhanced FastPass, you have to be willing to force the Guests around you to wait longer so that you do not have to do so.

Enhanced FastPass is the equivalent of the Front of the Line Pass Universal Studios offers in that they both sell people the privilege to cut in front of other Guests in line. The only difference is that Disney ascertained a more discreet means of offering such a feature and avoided the potential public-relations problems that would have accompanied selling Guests the more overt Front of the Line Pass.

Hakuna Makarla
07-25-2005, 05:10 AM
You're right. The catch is that you will effectively be cutting in line in front of the other Guests.

To use Enhanced FastPass, you have to be willing to force the Guests around you to wait longer so that you do not have to do so.

Enhanced FastPass is the equivalent of the Front of the Line Pass Universal Studios offers in that they both sell people the privilege to cut in front of other Guests in line. The only difference is that Disney ascertained a more discreet means of offering such a feature and avoided the potential public-relations problems that would have accompanied selling Guests the more overt Front of the Line Pass.
ok, so you are saying that I am cheating if I use this? after paying forthe privilage? OK

Neon Cactus
07-25-2005, 05:36 AM
ok, so you are saying that I am cheating if I use this? after paying forthe privilage? OK

Welcome to the thread that will not end :)

I'm actually considering buying a package with AAA so I can get enhanced fastpass so I can take time stamped pictures of me using my enhanced fastpass and email them to Prag!! :D

Pat-n-Eil
07-25-2005, 07:43 AM
So far, so good. But please fellow mousepadders, let's please not turn this thread into an arguement of ethics as it has in the past. ;)

phoenixfire, you must be a prophet!

hlbtimes2
07-25-2005, 09:18 AM

Yeah, and just wait a few posts Karla. Soon he'll tell you that you are a bad parent for teaching your children to use the system. :rolleyes:

phoenixfire2k5
07-25-2005, 02:14 PM
OI EE VAY!! Yeah, Pat, he must have me on ignore. Or just really likes to argue. I'll say again, please PLEASE please, do not turn this thread into another arguement of ethics in regards to Enhanced Fastpass. Why can't we all just go to the parks, smile, AND NOT complain about the lengths of the lines?

pirateabbie
07-25-2005, 02:35 PM
I spent a week on vacation, came home, and found this same topic being discussed again. I should have stayed on vacation!

CrazyMouse
07-25-2005, 03:05 PM
OI EE VAY!! Yeah, Pat, he must have me on ignore. Or just really likes to argue. I'll say again, please PLEASE please, do not turn this thread into another arguement of ethics in regards to Enhanced Fastpass. Why can't we all just go to the parks, smile, AND NOT complain about the lengths of the lines?

Yeah, Phoenix is right. Just enjoy the park, it's just a fastpass. Nothing to argue about. :)

experiment626
07-25-2005, 09:20 PM
As a park guest I have no clue who has the enhanced FP or not. If I CHOOSE to go on a ride that offers FP but CHOOSE not to use FP for that ride that is MY CHOICE. Just as it is YOUR CHOICE to use or not use FP.

PragmaticIdealist
07-26-2005, 12:27 AM
Whenever the subject arises, certain people on MousePad, including "Pat&Eli", feel obliged to extoll the virtues of Enhanced FastPass with anyone who is unfamiliar with the program.

I feel equally obliged to explain the way Enhanced FastPass only benefits Disney and A.A.A. and causes other Guests to wait in line longer and get FastPass tickets with later return times, if the tickets are even available to those other Guests.

The berating that I receive from some people for stating a simple fact is completely unreasonable.

Also, just for the record, I never have called anyone a bad parent, and, I resent the personal nature of the comment that said that I would.