PDA

View Full Version : Jobs @ DL

DisneyBob
07-09-2005, 12:58 PM
Hi everyone! I'm interested in possibly working at Disneyland. But... I'll be a full-time student at the same time. How flexible is Disney with scheduling?
Thanks!

phoenixfire2k5
07-09-2005, 01:06 PM
Hi everyone! I'm interested in possibly working at Disneyland. But... I'll be a full-time student at the same time. How flexible is Disney with scheduling?
Thanks!

Not really flexible at first. They say you need to be fully available, able to work nights, weekends, and all major holidays.

CinemaGal15
07-09-2005, 02:47 PM
Not really flexible at first. They say you need to be fully available, able to work nights, weekends, and all major holidays.

If you can work full-time now and then need less hrs during school then you usually get it... because the off-season is so slow they always ER(Early Release) ppl or give them ADOs(Authorized Days Off)

Mrs. Newseditor44
07-09-2005, 03:05 PM
Summers and holidays you usually have to be available to work at anytime but they try to be lenient once school starts. They say they are accomodating to school schedules since most of the CMs are college students but it many times they are not.

My husband and I worked there when they were pretty strict with scheduling and I feel they have relaxed a bit on policy. I remember going to see my scheduler once to tell him the date my classes started. The fool yelled at me and said I had to be available for the ENTIRE summer. I got a little short with him and said "ok, fine you want to give my professors a note to tell them I have to be at work at Disneyland making $5.25p/hr rather than class?" My husband had the same problem as well and he even went to a different college than me and worked at a different location. I think his dept even wrote him up for that. Crazy.

I guess it all depends on what dept you work in and what scheduler you get as well.

phoenixfire2k5
07-09-2005, 03:17 PM
They're more than likely not to hire someone with a limited schedule. The person that meets their appearance standards and has a free and fully available schedule has a better chance of being hired.