PDA

View Full Version : What Is The Greatest Number Of...

Doug
07-08-2005, 09:26 PM
... Pictures you have taken in one day at DLR? Looks like the most I have taken of DLR property is 1079 in one day, how about you?

sleepyjeff
07-08-2005, 09:33 PM
72.......... :)

SCUBAbe
07-08-2005, 09:58 PM
usually I take one ot two...my last trip I took 150....however, when i go to some place new I tend to take a lot of pictures. Like when i went to NY or catalina... (not that there was much in catalina..:)) I'm sure I'll be taking huindreds when i go to sea world. It's been almost 10 years since I've been there.

Shortiemetoo
07-08-2005, 10:43 PM
... Pictures you have taken in one day at DLR? Looks like the most I have taken of DLR property is 1079 in one day, how about you?

WOW :eek: !!! I have taken about 130 in one day.

Doug
07-09-2005, 12:38 AM
Wow... around 100 huh? Sounds like you folks are film users....

sandiegorob
07-11-2005, 11:08 AM
With digital, I easily take 100-150 and dump the ones I don't like. It's very easy to take hundreds if your card has enough memory.

CookieBandit
07-11-2005, 01:40 PM
I went on Saturday and took about 350. I would have taken more except my rechargeable batteries ran out (I didn't get to recharge them fully before going to DL) and then after I switched to regular batteries, I ran out of memory space (only have a 256MB card, and 2 32MB cards). My sister, who was using a camera with a 512 MB card still had plenty of room on her's (about 133 pictures left).

It's the first time I've been to DL with a digital camera so I took pictures of everything... and deleted some that were blurry and/or un-interesting so I could make room for more pictures.

fjhuerta
07-11-2005, 01:46 PM
I'm not the one to cast doubt, but...
60 minutes an hour - 12 hours -> 720 pictures. Yikes.

So.

1079 pictures a day: 17.98 = 18 hours, if you were taking 1 photo a minute.

I don't think Disneyland has ever been open 18 hours a day, so that means you were taking more than one pic a minute... including pee-pee breaks, lunch time, and ride time... :confused:

VickiC
07-11-2005, 01:54 PM
Probably 5 or 6. I go to the park to have fun and rarely remember to stop and take pics.

shawnarae
07-11-2005, 03:55 PM
Between my hubby & I, probably like 200-300. But they are digital and we erase the ones that don't turn out once we get home. I probably end up printing 100-150??

I scrapbook, so even if they are not the best photos in the world I crop and mount, making the picture look some what good :) I hate wasting & deleting photos!! I always find a use!

SCUBAbe
07-11-2005, 04:35 PM

nope...but I know what I want pictures of and do not take pictures of every little thing...:)

I have 3 cards for my camera and never use a whole one at DL, but I ahve on other trips. I just gets to the point of just how many pictures do I really want of dl...LOL

disneyland addict13
07-11-2005, 04:49 PM
I'm not the one to cast doubt, but...
60 minutes an hour - 12 hours -> 720 pictures. Yikes.

So.

1079 pictures a day: 17.98 = 18 hours, if you were taking 1 photo a minute.

I don't think Disneyland has ever been open 18 hours a day, so that means you were taking more than one pic a minute... including pee-pee breaks, lunch time, and ride time... :confused:

I checked that and it's totally right. There's almost no way you could take 1079 pictures in one day unless that's all you did and you were just taking picture after picture after picture...

Doug
07-11-2005, 05:32 PM
Well, my camera was still new.... I think this was when I got my 4gb card, I have a 4gb and a 1 gb now.... the 4gb is a microdrive, so it's slower, my camera can take 3 pics a sec, so the above math is all wrong... I could take, lets say 30 pics in 1 minute .... which I probably did.... if it's a moving subject, I'll take multiple pics in a row to capture the action.... I use a little Sony T1 now for stills, and videos, that has a 512m card, that I carry in a water tight case, so I am ready for anything ;)

I tell you one thing, I never say "gosh, I took too many pictures", it's more likely you will say "I should have taken MORE pictures", so, since we can not time travel, take more pics! :). Some trips I'll only take a couple undred pics, I am trying to just wait for those moments when you think "hmm, that looks like a good shot", and take a moment, and take the pic.... I have noticed that people do not like you taking too much time taking pictures.... So, I try to be mellow ;)

Of course, if there is anyone our there that would like to go to Dland with me, to take pics, and ride rides, maybe we can do that... it's a thought...

fjhuerta
07-12-2005, 07:54 AM
Well, my camera was still new.... I think this was when I got my 4gb card, I have a 4gb and a 1 gb now.... the 4gb is a microdrive, so it's slower, my camera can take 3 pics a sec, so the above math is all wrong... I could take, lets say 30 pics in 1 minute ....

Wrong again. If your camera can take 3 pics a second, then you could only take 20 pics in 1 minute.

sandiegorob
07-12-2005, 08:51 AM
Wrong again. If your camera can take 3 pics a second, then you could only take 20 pics in 1 minute.
Actually, 3 pics a second would be 180 in a minute. I have a friend with the new digital Rebel, he can easily hundreds of pictures in a short period of time.

fjhuerta
07-12-2005, 10:50 AM
Actually, 3 pics a second would be 180 in a minute. I have a friend with the new digital Rebel, he can easily hundreds of pictures in a short period of time.

Me = stuck on kindergarden math. Next time, I'll use a calculator :)

SeansMom
07-12-2005, 11:03 AM
So, what you're saying is: 1079=180 x N, which means N=5.9944444, OR
With a camera that fast, you could actually take 1079 pictures in just 6 minutes!
Holly cow, that is IMPRESSIVE (unless I've forgotten how to do algerbra, in which case I still don't know what N is....lol).

I took about five rolls of film, and only a few digital shots on our last trip. Out of that, we had maybe 40 really good pictures, and a lot of good, but not great pictures.
I would have taken more, but first the battery was dead for the digital, then the battery died in the 35mm. And guess what, since so few people own 35mm these days, the camera shop didn't have batteries :(.
Oh, well, there is always next time!

MrsPooh
07-12-2005, 11:49 AM
Probably 5 or 6. I go to the park to have fun and rarely remember to stop and take pics.

That's me. And I have been so many times that I have pics of most everything.

Having said that I must confess that at last trip I took about 120! :eek:

Disney Vault
07-12-2005, 12:00 PM
I took 800 in 3 days. Not sure how many a day. It was for a school project.