PDA

View Full Version : Matterhorn Fast Pass

justagrrl
02-08-2002, 11:33 AM
Why doesn't The Matterhorn have a fastpass?

Gemini Cricket
02-08-2002, 11:35 AM
Where would they put it? They'd also have to distinguish between a FastPass for the left side and a FastPass for the right side... It would be a logistical nightmare. Well, maybe in the future they'll think of something...

Uncle Dick
02-08-2002, 01:43 PM
There are already too many attractions with Fastpass, although I agree that the Matterhorn needs it more than Star Tours or Pirates. If anything, Fastpass machines should be removed.

Gemini Cricket
02-08-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick
There are already too many attractions with Fastpass, although I agree that the Matterhorn needs it more than Star Tours or Pirates. If anything, Fastpass machines should be removed.
This is being discussed on another thread but... Don't you think having one central FastPass area for all the rides is a much better idea instead of the many machines they have now? I wonder if anyone else had thought of that?

Ghoulish Delight
02-08-2002, 02:25 PM
I don't like the idea of a central FP distribution. The individual distribution areas are chaotic enough. Imagine what it would be like to combine them all! The only 'central' FP that I think would work would be a generic Fantasyland fastpass (as has been proposed in other threads). Make the old Skyway station the distribution and give out FPs good once for any FL dark ride.

As for the Matterhorn, I think it could be done. And you don't need to make a distinction between "left and right" FPs. As the line stands now, it starts as a single line, and then half way through, you split into the two lines. If they would just move the split further into the line (like AT the entrance to the actual queue 'building') and make the FP entry point there, no problem. Hand over your FP and pick a side. A bigger question would be finding somewhere to put the distribution that wouldn't cause a nightmare.

DisneylandKid
02-08-2002, 06:58 PM
Couldn't they put it on that patio near the Fantasyland lagoon?

Ghoulish Delight
02-08-2002, 08:12 PM
Are you talking about the "pier" with all the tables on it that used to be the dock for the motor boats? That's be a nightmare. Such a narrow strip of land would be an instant bottle neck.

Or are you talking about the small stage-like area behind the Icey vendor? I thought that might be a good place, but they use that a lot for character greetings. They'd have to find somewhere else to do that.

Uncle Dick
02-08-2002, 10:53 PM
Centralized Fantasyland Fastpass would not work. It would require the construction of "Fastpass Return" areas for at least 5 different attractions (in an already tight area) and increase the confusion involved in obtaining Fastpass. Lines in Fantasyland aren't really that bad, except, perhaps, for Dumbo, and, as I mentioned above, the park is already oversaturated with Fastpass. IMHO, Fastpass should be used only for a select few attractions, five at most.

zapppop
02-09-2002, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by justagrrl
Why doesn't The Matterhorn have a fastpass?

There are plans to add FP to the Matterhorn but they're considering redesigning the queue. Supposedly, the FP system wil be added by the end of this year and there are no other attractions being considered at the moment for FP except the new Pooh ride.