PDA

View Full Version : Super quick trip to DL

thekirk
07-08-2005, 07:02 PM
Hey everyone! I'm thinking about taking a very quick trip to Disneyland. Flying from Sacramento in the early morning and arriving Southern Cali in the morning and hopefully making it to DL by late morning - then probably staying over one night and heading out the next morning. I really just want to see the park during its 50th year...and I have to go soon since I will be doing the Walt Disney World College Program this fall and won't be on this side of the country. So any tips on such a quick trip? I need to figure out transportation from Ontario to the area of the park - any tips? Thanks a lot - much appreciated!

Wendi
07-08-2005, 07:16 PM
I did a quickie trip for May 5th.

SMF --> LAX on Southwest - first flight out (arrived at LAX at 7:30ish I think...) we actually ended up renting a car because there were two of us and it was cheaper than SuperShuttle. If you are going by yourself I'd recommend SuperShuttle, however, it is a lot cheaper if you are flying into LAX if I recall correctly. It's also quicker, just a lot more SuperShuttles coming through that airport since it's high volume.

I took the last flight home the following day. I have thought about flying down in the morning and back that same night... would be cheap - no hotel... but since I was able to do two days it was worth it to take advantage of the latest flight so we could visit the parks again until about 6pm or so before heading back to the airport.

rfaljean
07-08-2005, 09:26 PM
We've actually driven from Sac on a Friday night, arrived at DLR at 4 am; slept for 5 hrs or so (like the kids really let us sleep) and went to DL until about 3pm. Then we drove home. It makes for a "long" short trip-but I've actually had more fun that way.
We've done similar trips twice since.

My advice is to remember that there is no way you are going to see/do it all. Pick a few things you HAVE to do, (try to stick to one or two lands, i.e. adventureland/new orleans square and maybe frontierland),get your fastpasses ASAP, and have a blast. If you know you won't do it all, you'll actually relax and try not to push it. Just absorb the atmosphere.... Have a great time!!!

RStar
07-08-2005, 10:13 PM
The other day I did a quickie trip to Disneyland. I went there for my lunch hour. It turned into an hour and a half, but oh well. I got my first day of issue Disney stamps!

Shortiemetoo
07-08-2005, 10:41 PM
[QUOTE=rfaljean]We've actually driven from Sac on a Friday night, arrived at DLR at 4 am; slept for 5 hrs or so (like the kids really let us sleep) and went to DL until about 3pm. Then we drove home. It makes for a "long" short trip-but I've actually had more fun that way.
We've done similar trips twice since.
QUOTE]

WOW!!!!! That was a quick trip!!!! I don't think I could do all that driving in that short a time without sleeping....zzzzzzzzzzz :eek:
Although when my girls were 14 we went from Merced to Magic Mtn...got there at 6 a.m., played ALL day...and I pooped out in Bakersfield and we got a room...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :D