PDA

View Full Version : Early Entry questions

Pages : [1] 2

10-97
07-08-2005, 06:23 PM
I just realized I don't know much about the current Early Entry. Can you guys help me with some questions:

1. Where do we go to enter the park?

2. Have there been long lines at the 7 am entry point?

3. Will a restaurant be open in FL at 7 am?

The last time we went in early, it had a different name (Magic Morning?), we entered via the Monorail, and got breakfast vouchers for the Tomorrowland Terrace. That must have been a few years ago...

Doug
07-08-2005, 07:13 PM
Ok, just found out what "EE" means, early entry, how is this possible? I have heard that if you stay at the Dland hotel, you can get in 1 hour early, MUST you stay at the hotel to get in early? Also, I think I heard that only certain days are early entry? Which days, and, well, why?

Wendi
07-08-2005, 07:17 PM
Nope, you must have 3+ day bonus park hoppers to get early entry. Doesn't matter where you stay.

experiment626
07-09-2005, 07:24 AM
Most 3 day tickets include ONE DAY EE. This allows you to get into the park 1 hours before scheduled park opening.

experiment626
07-09-2005, 07:26 AM
Fantasyland is open during EE. It is one hour prior to park opening. No clue about restaurants or lines.

hlbtimes2
07-09-2005, 08:28 AM
Also, I think I heard that only certain days are early entry? Which days, and, well, why?

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. And "why"- well, because its nice to get in an hour before the main crowd. Only Fantasyland is open during that time. So its a good time to get on some of the rides (like Dumbo and Peter Pan) that have long lines in the middle of the day.

hlbtimes2
07-09-2005, 08:34 AM
1. You will enter at the main gates, just like any other entry into the park.

2. Dont know about lines right now- but typically they move pretty fast that time of the morning.

3. Dont eat during your hour of EE. Go on all the rides (Dumbo and Peter Pan to name a couple) that get long lines later in the day. After the park opens you can get some breakfast. I would recomend the River Bell for Mickey pancakes or the Carnation on mainstreet for some great food.

10-97
07-09-2005, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the advice. I think we'll try to be at the gates a few minutes before they open for the early entry, enjoy the entire first hour in FL, then head over to the River Belle Terrace for breakfast.

phoenixfire2k5
07-09-2005, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the advice. I think we'll try to be at the gates a few minutes before they open for the early entry, enjoy the entire first hour in FL, then head over to the River Belle Terrace for breakfast.

And just for clarification, you need the 3 day pass, and its only Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. And like the other person said, unless you want the character breakfast THAT I THINK is a part of the early entry (I'm not sure on that though), go on some rides first before eating breakfast. Then when the park opens, eat at the riverbell terrace. One thing you need to know about that though. GO EARLY! The line for that restaurant gets really long, and gets long quickly! The one thing I am disappointed about them though, they used to serve their country fried potatoes (or obrien potatoes) in grilled onions and red & green peppers. Last time I ordered them, they didn't do it anymore. It was just the potatoes. I was really disappointed. :crying:

SarahJanet
07-09-2005, 10:14 AM
Well, alas, I'm not going back to Disneyland for a while, but my roommate and her boyfriend is, and they've given me the job of coming up with their itinerary. (Yay!) They're going in August, and I'm wondering if Buzz is still part of EE, or if they might make it Space Mountain instead once it's officially opened? That would be really great for them, I think.

Is Buzz even still part of EE? I'm out of the Disneyland loop!

phoenixfire2k5
07-09-2005, 10:30 AM
Well, alas, I'm not going back to Disneyland for a while, but my roommate and her boyfriend is, and they've given me the job of coming up with their itinerary. (Yay!) They're going in August, and I'm wondering if Buzz is still part of EE, or if they might make it Space Mountain instead once it's officially opened? That would be really great for them, I think.

Is Buzz even still part of EE? I'm out of the Disneyland loop!

Nope, because the EE is only in Fantasyland. I just called and found that out. Buzz is in TL and not a part of EE. That would also mean that SM is not a part of it either.

phoenixfire2k5
07-09-2005, 10:41 AM
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. And "why"- well, because its nice to get in an hour before the main crowd. Only Fantasyland is open during that time. So its a good time to get on some of the rides (like Dumbo and Peter Pan) that have long lines in the middle of the day.

Yeah, what she said. <<<there, fixed. :p :D

Man I'm slow! LOL! :p

hlbtimes2
07-09-2005, 10:44 AM
Yeah, what he said.

Man I'm slow! LOL! :p

That should be what "SHE" said. But, I forgive you. ;)

phoenixfire2k5
07-09-2005, 10:48 AM
That should be what "SHE" said. But, I forgive you. ;)

LOL! Sorry. I may still be able to fix it. Let me see......

Yep. It's done.

hlbtimes2
07-09-2005, 10:48 AM
Sometimes they open up Buzz part way into the early entry hour. Best thing to do is check when you get there and find out if it will be included.

phoenixfire2k5
07-09-2005, 10:50 AM
Sometimes they open up Buzz part way into the early entry hour. Best thing to do is check when you get there and find out if it will be included.

That is incorrect because I just called their info line and found out that ONLY FL is part of the early entry.

Darkbeer
07-09-2005, 11:03 AM
That is incorrect because I just called their info line and found out that ONLY FL is part of the early entry.

Things are ALWAYS subject to change at Disney, and I think checking is a smart thing to do, BLAB (aka Buzz) has been part of Early Entry in the past... Not everything in Fantasyland opens with Early Entry (iasw is a common one, so is the Storybook Land Canal Boats).

And the folks on the info line have been wrong in the past, more than once...

phoenixfire2k5
07-09-2005, 11:03 AM
Things are ALWAYS subject to change at Disney, and I think checking is a smart thing to do, BLAB (aka Buzz) has been part of Early Entry in the past... Not everything in Fantasyland opens with Early Entry (iasw is a common one, so is the Storybook Land Canal Boats).

And the folks on the info line have been wrong in the past, more than once...

But I checked it twice, two different people. ;)

But I do agree with you, things are subject to change. Better to check ahead. You may never know. They'll say it isn't. But you go in the park that morning, and it'll be open.

SarahJanet
07-09-2005, 11:09 AM
Yeah, it's all well and good to believe what they tell you on the phone, but I also rode Buzz at 7:30AM on a Saturday when I was there, so obviously it has been part of it in the past.

Still, I'll assume not until I hear otherwise. Thanks!

phoenixfire2k5
07-09-2005, 11:14 AM
Yeah, it's all well and good to believe what they tell you on the phone, but I also rode Buzz at 7:30AM on a Saturday when I was there, so obviously it has been part of it in the past.

Still, I'll assume not until I hear otherwise. Thanks!

As I previously admitted, yes they can be wrong and things are subject to change. ;) :p

Darkbeer
07-15-2005, 07:39 AM
From this week's CM Reference Guide...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/661027/1/28468142/Large

Both Buzz Lightyear and Space Mountain will be offered as part of Early Entry, along with the Fantasyland locations.

shawnarae
07-15-2005, 08:33 AM
Yes...last weekend Buzz was included in EE as well as the Orbitor Rockets. A few things in Fantasyland were not open (did not see the SB Canal open), but Matterhorn was & was a walk on ride.

Have fun..........EE is THE BEST! We did 6 or 7 rides in that 1 hour :) Everything was walk on....

HydroGuy
07-15-2005, 10:36 AM
From this week's CM Reference Guide...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/661027/1/28468142/Large

Both Buzz Lightyear and Space Mountain will be offered as part of Early Entry, along with the Fantasyland locations.I wonder if DL will continue to offer Space Mtn during EE for the rest of the summer?

yellowrosedtxn
07-15-2005, 11:16 AM
Ok, I have a question regarding Early Entry then. I am considering doing the Concierge level next time I go and in the past you could get Early Entry every day it was offered. Is that still the case? I don't know if anyone has done this or knows. I am going to contact the hotel and ask but I know that several of you have done concierge and might know the answer to that question.

rds912
07-15-2005, 01:10 PM
What time do people usually get in line for EE?