PDA

View Full Version : Share Experiences with Balcony & WaterFront Viewing for Fantasmic!

CrazyMouse
07-08-2005, 03:10 PM
Hey everyone I just made reservations for Balcony viewing for Fantasmic. I wanted to know anybody's point of view from either viewing spots. How is the Balcony seats arranged? Are there other viewers with you blocking your view of the show? Pls post your opinions, don't be shy! Thanks everyone!

Andrew
07-08-2005, 03:18 PM
Your seating is pre-arranged in order of ticket purchase. The seats are in two staggered rows. The front row is completely unobstructed, and the back row is still reasonably good.

CrazyMouse
07-08-2005, 03:35 PM
Your seating is pre-arranged in order of ticket purchase. The seats are in two staggered rows. The front row is completely unobstructed, and the back row is still reasonably good.

I got a vacation package from AAA for the Grand Californian in August. I called up Disneyland Vacations, three days ago, and before the Fantasmic tickets go on sale. Do you think I have a chance of getting front row seats? Thanks everyone. :D

Malcon10t
07-08-2005, 05:48 PM
I got a vacation package from AAA for the Grand Californian in August. I called up Disneyland Vacations, three days ago, and before the Fantasmic tickets go on sale. Do you think I have a chance of getting front row seats? Thanks everyone. :DYou have a better chance than the guy calling in.

CrazyMouse
07-08-2005, 05:56 PM
You have a better chance than the guy calling in.

Thanks for the response. Have a fun time at Disneyland!

MsYumiBr
07-08-2005, 08:33 PM
We saw Fantasmic! from the balcony in February. I was happy because it rained throughout the day and the ground was wet but they didn't cancel the show. The food was yummy. They had fruit, cream puff thingys (beignettes), cheesecakes, hot chocolate and coffee. There was more but I can't remember at the moment. We sat in the back row but the view was just fine. My husband stood up in the back through the show because he was taking video. I can't download the film because I don't have a firewire for our new camcorder yet. Sorry. It was the first time I could see the whole show at once instead of a left view or right view. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that I could see the airbag they use to break the fall of the pirate from the top of the ship. It's also kind of tiny from way up there but you can tell who the characters are, etc. My kids enjoyed it very much. We are going to try the riverside this time. I am planning to bring earplugs.

CrazyMouse
07-08-2005, 09:13 PM
We saw Fantasmic! from the balcony in February. I was happy because it rained throughout the day and the ground was wet but they didn't cancel the show. The food was yummy. They had fruit, cream puff thingys (beignettes), cheesecakes, hot chocolate and coffee. There was more but I can't remember at the moment. We sat in the back row but the view was just fine. My husband stood up in the back through the show because he was taking video. I can't download the film because I don't have a firewire for our new camcorder yet. Sorry. It was the first time I could see the whole show at once instead of a left view or right view. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that I could see the airbag they use to break the fall of the pirate from the top of the ship. It's also kind of tiny from way up there but you can tell who the characters are, etc. My kids enjoyed it very much. We are going to try the riverside this time. I am planning to bring earplugs.

Wow I can't wait! Thanks for your response! Anybody else want to share?

Carter's Mommy
07-09-2005, 09:46 AM
We have never had balcony seating, but I have a few questions. We will be in DL in Oct with my parents and 3 year old and 3 mo old. We have always wanted to do balcony seating but have not for one reason or another. Do you think it is wise to try it this trip with a 3 year old and a baby? We wanted to do something special for my parents because I am sure they are going to spoil the kids rotten! My dad also has Multiple Sclerosis, he is mobile but has trouble getting around real well (uses a cane), so we thought having the reserved seating vs. fighting the crowds might be the way to go. Any input?? Thanks

CrazyMouse
07-09-2005, 09:59 AM
Just got a call from Disney Vacations, the CM who helped me was Robert. He was a great CM, called me before he was going to purchase, and after he purchased to confirm. He purchased my Balcony tickets early, and he said I was the first one! He told me i got the rail seating (front row), as everyone knows seating on the Balcony is determined the time your order. I can't wait to watch Fantasmic for the first time!

Susan L
07-09-2005, 09:59 AM
I have yet to see Fantasmic because it seems everytime we go it is not showing. MrsYumiBr when in Feb did you go. Our last Feb trip in 03 it was showing. And also this last trip in Oct 04 it was not showing.

phoenixfire2k5
07-09-2005, 11:40 AM
Wow I can't wait! Thanks for your response! Anybody else want to share?

Okie dokie, here we go. First of all, Fantasmic only shows when the park is open from 10 pm or later, and usually during their busy season. That is for another person that asked.

Now, here is my opinion on the BEST spot to view Fantasmic. And it ain't the balcony either. Yes, in most opinions, the balcony is the best because of the high unobstructed view and because of the service. But, it is expensive, you have to get them well in advance, and it is a bit far as one person put it. The best spot to view them is not on the waterfront because you get wet and you have to camp out for them long before the show starts. The best spot, is on the bridge above the entrance to the POTC. Earlier I had posted about this spot on another thread. If you go over the bridge completely coming from Adventureland and face New Orleans Square, turn to your right, (with your back to the NOS buildings) and face towards the mill on the island which is the main stage for the show. Look to the railings on the bridge in front of you. Between the SECOND AND THIRD lightposts is the best spot. You're nearly centered with the stage and there is nothing blocking your view. If you see a redish leaved tree to your right, and a brick seating area around a planter below you, then you're in the right spot. Not many go for these spots as early as the waterfront or some of the other locations. The only drawback for these spots is that you have to stand for the entire show. But you may sit there up until showtime. But at least you don't get wet with the pond water. Also, you're on the bridge, and as soon as the show is over, you're one of the first people out if you head out down the bridge through Adventureland if you leave once it is over. This is a BIG help. This is also a good idea if you can only see the fireworks and Fantasmic on one night. The fireworks usually start once Fantasmic is over which is about 9:25 pm. But if you hurry, you just might get out to the plaza hub (the best viewing area) to see the fireworks.

Now here is a MAJOR drawback to choosing to see Fantasmic. With previous fireworks shows, this was also a good spot to see them from, but with the current display and the best spot to see them is from the plaza hub area, if you choose to see Fantasmic, you're sacraficing a good spot to see the fireworks. However, easily solvable if you're going to be there for more than one night. Just see them on seperate nights. Here's a trick I've practiced in previous years. If you do not wish to wait for a long time such as an hour or so to see Fantasmic, and can stay long enough to see the second showing, then do this. Wait for the first one to end. But before it is over, stand near the food stand that is closest to the NOS end of the bridge. Get here before the first show ends, and wait here for it to end. As soon as it does, some people will leave this spot on the bridge making room for you. Just as the show ends, make your way to this spot and it should be clear. Then you can at least see some of the arial fireworks along with the music, and you're only waiting an hour for the second showing of Fantasmic. Hope that all helps. Any other questions, just send me a message.

Oh, and another thing. I'm sure someone will point this out and supply more info on it because I'm not well informed on it. But there is also priority seating near the center Fantasmic control tower that comes out of the ground. It is usually roped off, there are chairs set up here, and I believe they also serve desserts here. How to get them, that is what I'm not sure of.

CrazyMouse
07-09-2005, 11:59 AM
Okie dokie, here we go. First of all, Fantasmic only shows when the park is open from 10 pm or later, and usually during their busy season. That is for another person that asked.

Thank you very much for your time! Nice response!

phoenixfire2k5
07-09-2005, 12:02 PM
Thank you very much for your time! Nice response!

Hope it helps.

CrazyMouse
07-09-2005, 12:04 PM
I'm planning to watch it the first night with Balcony viewing, then i will try the view from the bridge. The one you are talking about in the post. Good thing i'm staying there for more than 1 night. :-)

phoenixfire2k5
07-09-2005, 12:06 PM
I'm planning to watch it the first night with Balcony viewing, then i will try the view from the bridge. The one you are talking about in the post. Good thing i'm staying there for more than 1 night. :-)

How many nights are you staying? Because the new fireworks show is a MUST SEE!! I highly recommend them. And the overall best spot to view them from is the central plaza hub in front of the castle and the matterhorn.

CrazyMouse
07-09-2005, 12:12 PM
How many nights are you staying? Because the new fireworks show is a MUST SEE!! I highly recommend them. And the overall best spot to view them from is the central plaza hub in front of the castle and the matterhorn.

I will probably watch the fireworks on my 2nd night at Disneyland. I'm staying for 3 nights. I went to Disneyland to Disneyland 1 month after they debuted the "Remember Dreams Come True" fireworks show, but.... I was near the Thunder Mountain Railroad entrance. And yes, it wasn't a good view. First night i'm going Balcony, second day "remember dreams", third night fantasmic(bridge), then i will stake out for anyspot for Fireworks.

What time do you think I should stake out for my viewing sopt for the fireworks on the 2nd night? Thanks.

phoenixfire2k5
07-09-2005, 12:22 PM
I will probably watch the fireworks on my 2nd night at Disneyland. I'm staying for 3 nights. I went to Disneyland to Disneyland 1 month after they debuted the "Remember Dreams Come True" fireworks show, but.... I was near the Thunder Mountain Railroad entrance. And yes, it wasn't a good view. First night i'm going Balcony, second day "remember dreams", third night fantasmic(bridge), then i will stake out for anyspot for Fireworks.

What time do you think I should stake out for my viewing sopt for the fireworks on the 2nd night? Thanks.

The best thing to do, is what I've done before. The best spot to view is along the parade route, in the plaza hub. Align yourself with the parade route facing towards the Matterhorn. Choose a bench in the plaza hub area. This is the best spot to view the fireworks because of the unobstructed views of both the castle and the Matterhorn being that both are involved in the show. You'll be able to sit here and still be able to see the pyros going off around you. And this is also a good spot to see the parade. I say, skip the first one. but be here for this spot when the first one ends and choose the bench to sit on. The drawback: is camping out early and missing out on going on some rides. But if you have knocked most of them out on the first day, this should be no problem, especially since you'll be there the next day as well. If you have quite a few people with you, a couple of them can hold these seats for you while the rest go for bathroom breaks or for food. This spot is good for the first parade being that the floats are coming directly towards you before turning left. And that means that for the second one, they are coming from your right, and turning left in front of you continuing down the parade route. The thing is though, when I did this, it was during the week, there was only one parade, and the fireworks were at 8:45. So wait times, and timing for getting the spot, might be a little bit different. But overall, this is the best spot. And very worth the wait.

CrazyMouse
07-09-2005, 12:36 PM
The best thing to do, is what I've done before. The best spot to view is along the parade route, in the plaza hub. Align yourself with the parade route facing towards the Matterhorn. Choose a bench in the plaza hub area. This is the best spot to view the fireworks because of the unobstructed views of both the castle and the Matterhorn being that both are involved in the show. You'll be able to sit here and still be able to see the pyros going off around you. And this is also a good spot to see the parade. I say, skip the first one. but be here for this spot when the first one ends and choose the bench to sit on. The drawback: is camping out early and missing out on going on some rides. But if you have knocked most of them out on the first day, this should be no problem, especially since you'll be there the next day as well. If you have quite a few people with you, a couple of them can hold these seats for you while the rest go for bathroom breaks or for food. This spot is good for the first parade being that the floats are coming directly towards you before turning left. And that means that for the second one, they are coming from your right, and turning left in front of you continuing down the parade route. The thing is though, when I did this, it was during the week, there was only one parade, and the fireworks were at 8:45. So wait times, and timing for getting the spot, might be a little bit different. But overall, this is the best spot. And very worth the wait.

Thanks! I can't wait. I haven't watched fireworks in front of the castle yet. Thank you for advice.

phoenixfire2k5
07-09-2005, 12:40 PM
Thanks! I can't wait. I haven't watched fireworks in front of the castle yet. Thank you for advice.

Not a problem. Glad I could help. :D :)