PDA

View Full Version : Dancing in the park?

LLevy
07-08-2005, 01:32 PM
Greetings

I know there used to be swing dancing, and sulsa?. do they do dancing anymore? is there somewhere we can ind out what type and when?

L

T&Rshep
07-08-2005, 02:05 PM
Disneyland still has swing dancing. It's called the Jump, jive, boogie swing party and it's every Friday and Saturday night at 7, 8, 9, and 10:15pm at the Fantasyland Theatre.

Opus1guy
07-08-2005, 02:20 PM
Anyone remember dancing at Tomorrowland Terrace? Or the old Tomorrowland Stage where Honey I Shrunk whatever is now. Used to be the big thing for teens to dance to rock music in both those locales. They would be just packed on Summer evenings.

Later Eisner brought in Videopolis (where the Fantasyland Theater is now back by Toontown) as a "band-aid" to bridge the gap between the "old" Disney and the "new" Disney he was going after. That was very popular while it lasted. Mainly dancing to music videos on dozens of big screens in a high-tech dance environment.

But I think the only regular dancing these days in Disneyland Park is at Carnation Gardens or Plaza Gardens or whatever it's called now...with the Big Band and/or Jive stuff.

T&Rshep
07-08-2005, 04:24 PM
I remeber when the stage used to come up from under the ground at tomorrowland terrace. That was cool. I'm sad that they got rid of that. I liked that way better than club buzz.