PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a hotel with good beds

crazi4dlr
07-08-2005, 09:53 AM
Okay, I need suggestions on hotels with decent beds. The cost is a factor but it's not a deal if I can't walk during the day because the bed was so bad that it crippled me. We have reservations for the DLH for 1 night in Sept. but if I can find a hotel with a good bed and lower rate so I can stay for 2-3 nights - even better. Okay MPer's you're up.....

Hawaiian Cinderella
07-08-2005, 10:47 AM
Fairfield Inn on Harbor has comfy beds.

stan4d_steph
07-08-2005, 11:02 AM
I thought the bed at the Park Inn on Harbor was very comfy.

julia
07-08-2005, 11:04 AM
One of the best hotel beds that I've ever enjoyed was in the Grand Californian Hotel. In fact, I tore the bed apart on the last day trying to figure out the mattress brand so I could get one for my bed at home. The bed was so comfy that it was hard to get up in the morning - even with Disneyland just outside my door

Julia

Opus1guy
07-08-2005, 11:20 AM
Hard to beat the famous and wonderful Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds (http://www.sheraton-hotelsathome.com/home.html?&IM=SI_HP_SEARCH_SWEET) at the Sheraton Anaheim, just behind Disneyland. IMHO.

...a luxurious multi-layered custom designed bed that features an 11.5 inch thick, high coil count Sealy Posturepedic(R) Plush Top mattress, down and allergy sensitive pillows and crisp high thread count cotton sheets. In a nod to Sheraton's classic aesthetic, the beds feature a selection of duvet patterns inspired by timeless tattersall checks, hound's-tooth and pinstripe patterns in rich color tones.

"I have always been somewhat astounded by how little hotel companies invest in their beds considering that our primary product is a good night's sleep," said Sternlicht. "When we launched the [Westin] Heavenly Bed in 1999, other hotel executives thought we were crazy. Four years later Westin's guest satisfaction scores, market share and global growth are up significantly, and we're selling our Heavenly Beds everyday to our guests for use in their own homes. I am just thrilled to introduce a great new bed to our classic Sheraton brand and improving the sleeping experience of more travelers."

Not to mention the largest standard room size (525 sq ft) of any hotel in Anaheim.

pisces
07-08-2005, 11:34 AM
Is there a Westin in Anaheim? Because, the Westin features the "Heavenly Beds"....which supposedly feature a feather mattress. I'm allergic to down. Sneeze.

GC has nice beds. When they do the turn down service they set the pillows up, and at a diagonal. The GC sheets and linens are incredible. With the beautiful bedspread, or was that a quilt?

I wish i had my pictures right now.

Opus1guy
07-08-2005, 11:39 AM
Is there a Westin in Anaheim? Because, the Westin features the "Heavenly Beds"....which supposedly feature a feather mattress.

No Westin in Anaheim. The closest one is the Westin South Coast Plaza down further in Costa Mesa.

The Sheraton Sweet Sleeper is almost as good. Some like it better.

Starwood Hotel & Resorts' Westin Heavenly Beds, Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds, and the "W" Hotel Beds, are considered among the best in the industry.

lisap
07-08-2005, 11:42 AM
I think the beds at the Marriot are really comfy.

JPIVERSON
07-08-2005, 12:10 PM
Any bed after a 16 hour day in the park works for me!
:D

AcuraTL
07-08-2005, 12:21 PM
When I stayed at Paradise Pier Hotel, the bed was pretty decent. A month ago, we got a free stay at Crowne Plaza just a couple of miles away from Disneyland and the room is better and the bed was more comfortable. I'll definitely stay there again.

Nancy
07-08-2005, 12:30 PM
Then Disneyland Hotel has comfy beds too. :)

Niwel
07-08-2005, 01:20 PM
Starwood Hotel & Resorts' Westin Heavenly Beds, Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds, and the "W" Hotel Beds, are considered among the best in the industry.

The Sweet Sleeper is the most wonderful bed EVER!!! :) I've never not a had a good night's sleep when I've stayed at the Sheraton.

Wendi
07-08-2005, 02:07 PM
GCH has really comfy beds, so does Hyatt Regency (Garden Grove on Harbor across from Target). I thought Hojo's were fine too, but nothing special.

crazi4dlr
07-08-2005, 02:59 PM
Thanks everyone!!! I just booked the GCH for $179/night for my husbands B-day!!! I'm so stoked b/c I have always wanted to stay there and the price was so great! Yay!!!!

PennyLane
07-08-2005, 03:00 PM
That's great!

Wendi
07-08-2005, 03:02 PM
Thanks everyone!!! I just booked the GCH for $179/night for my husbands B-day!!! I'm so stoked b/c I have always wanted to stay there and the price was so great! Yay!!!!

Wow, that's a great rate!!! Is that an AP Nights rate or something??? Do tell...

crazi4dlr
07-08-2005, 03:38 PM
Yeah this is an AP rate good through 9/28/05. GCH $179/night
DLH $119/night and PPH $89/night. This is for Sundays and Mondays that I know for sure and the woman said the rates are higher during the week??? We have a DTD view. I had reserved the DLH for The previous Saturday and had a DTD view but we were paying $243/night.

CoasterChickie
07-08-2005, 05:06 PM
Speaking from personal experience, the beds at the Sharaton and the Crowne Plaza Hotel are great!!

But my favorite beds are any at any of the DLR hotels!! :D

SCUBAbe
07-08-2005, 07:49 PM
don't got tot he carousel. the beds at park in anaheim were comfy enough. However Hojo's beds were really comfy and PPH were good and GCH were the best..:) The marriott also had comfy beds. The oillows bother me more than the beds. I cannot sleep on flat pillows.

PirateSmile
07-08-2005, 09:24 PM
Candy Cane Inn. My mom loved those beds, and she's extremely picky with comfiness!

Malcon10t
07-08-2005, 09:48 PM
Hilton's Executive floor beds are good, but THE BEST beds are Sheraton Sleepers. I liked the ones at DLH also, but I think I just liked the whole room. But, bed alone, Sheraton hands down.

dasrock
07-09-2005, 01:18 AM
stay away from the Jolly Roger! too mushy.....