PDA

View Full Version : Piano at Coke Corner?

cstephens
07-08-2005, 08:51 AM
I noticed last night that there's a second piano in the old location, right outside Coke Corner. I think Johnny was playing at the Pavilion, and the second piano was just closed up. Anyone know why that's there?

phoenixfire2k5
07-08-2005, 11:43 AM
I noticed last night that there's a second piano in the old location, right outside Coke Corner. I think Johnny was playing at the Pavilion, and the second piano was just closed up. Anyone know why that's there?

Last I saw, they moved the piano up into the restaurant seating area nearby.

TikiGeek
07-08-2005, 12:16 PM
I noticed last night that there's a second piano in the old location, right outside Coke Corner. I think Johnny was playing at the Pavilion, and the second piano was just closed up. Anyone know why that's there?***WARNING - Wild Speculation Ahead***
Rod Miller is due to come back any day (he may already be back ;) ).
I'm not sure he is too keen on the whole "pavilion thing" - They may have put a second piano back in its old place to accommodate Rod. I hope they do everything that they can do for Rod!

biolabetty
07-08-2005, 12:52 PM
I hope they go back to playing where they were before. We were listening to Johnny last week at the Pavilion and it just felt so far away from where people would naturally gather. I know it is probably taking up more valuable space in the old location, but I think it is a better one.

h_lehmann
07-09-2005, 08:16 AM
Yesterday, Johnny played in front of Coke Corner, from about 4:30 until 10:30, except for a time during the evening when he switched to the other piano above the dining area (maybe because of competition from the parades?).
When asked about Rod, Johnny said he'll be back soon.
As an aside, my son got a chance to play Maple Leaf Rag, and Johnny thought he did a very good job.

TikiGeek
07-09-2005, 08:28 AM
O.K. - Some not-so-wild speculation :rolleyes:

I found out that they plan to keep 2 pianos out; one at CC and one at the pavilion. They plan to have a rotation. :confused: Also, they can change pianos when a string gets broken or if one is out of tune - Johnny plays pretty hard :rolleyes:

Some not so good news - Rod may not be back until September. I don't know if I can wait that long :crying: