PDA

View Full Version : Grad Night beginnings

gerry
07-08-2005, 05:29 AM
Does anyone know when the first Grad Nights began? What year was it?

evrythngwmn
07-13-2005, 08:31 AM
found the answer last night. 1961 was the first year. 30 schools were invited.

phillyorig
07-13-2005, 09:20 AM
MY daughter is going next year (2006) all the way from the Phoenix area

gerry
07-13-2005, 11:36 AM
found the answer last night. 1961 was the first year. 30 schools were invited.
Thank you. I appreciate it.

kbanmen
07-13-2005, 04:57 PM
I worked grad nights this year.. even though most of the kids werent at DCA, it was kind of exciting to see all the kids there........ they were sooo happy..

SarahShep
07-13-2005, 05:08 PM
MY daughter is going next year (2006) all the way from the Phoenix area

She'll have lots of fun! I went in 2001 from Lake Havasu. It was a total and complete blast. There was hardly anyone there (compared to a normal day!) and we made it on every single ride except Matterhorn cuz it was closed for a refurb. We even went on everything in Fantasyland. My sister, however, went in 2003 and said it was really crowed. Regardless, though, there's nothing like being with a bunch of your friends at DL when you're from rather far away! I'm sure it's quite unremarkable for those from the SoCal area, but for people like us, it's amazing!

munchkinsmom0003
07-13-2005, 05:41 PM
Do you know if there's a list out there of grad night musical acts from years past? I went to my grad night at DL, but for the life of me, I can't remember the artists who performed there that night! Do they still have musicians, singers perform, or have I just dated myself? :eek:

evrythngwmn
07-14-2005, 01:49 AM
Do you know if there's a list out there of grad night musical acts from years past? I went to my grad night at DL, but for the life of me, I can't remember the artists who performed there that night! Do they still have musicians, singers perform, or have I just dated myself? :eek:

The first few grad nites I worked they had bands/musical acts. The last few years it's been pretty much just DJs.

Oh and re the crowd difference mentioned in another post, the grad-nites earlier in the year are usual less crowded. I think the low this year was like 10,000 with the high being like 30,000 the last week.