PDA

View Full Version : 3 Fastpass Machines Are Not On The network?!

Doug
07-07-2005, 10:31 PM
I was just noticing on the ridemax web site that they say 3 fastpass machines at DLR (just DL?) are not on the network, one of them being Star Tours ... anyone know the other two?

http://www.ridemax.com/sampleplan.php

kristen
07-07-2005, 10:57 PM
I think Grizzly Rapid Run is off the network and I hear Roger Rabbit was off, too...but not positive

Disney Vault
07-07-2005, 11:02 PM
I think Grizzly Rapid Run is off the network and I hear Roger Rabbit was off, too...but not positive
Ya those are the two. I don't think Star Tours has any fast pass right now but I could be wrong about that.

RideMax Mark
07-08-2005, 06:17 AM
Yeah, we need to get that "sample plan" updated...

The current set of disconnected FP attractions are Roger Rabbit and GRR. (The software knows this, the sample is just a bit out of date.)

LOYL2DZNY
07-08-2005, 07:45 AM
ok, so kinda off subject, but i don't get that whole ridemax thing. when i go to the park, i go to enjoy everything around me and to just go w/the flow...not to be on a "schedule". does it really work, anyway?
i don't know...it just seems too planned out for me, and i'm more on the spontaneous side. guess i'll never be using it! :)

experiment626
07-08-2005, 08:08 AM
There are those we like to be scheduled so they can maximize there time. These are the same people who run around the park using one of Birnbaums or UOG touring plans.

HydroGuy
07-08-2005, 10:10 AM
ok, so kinda off subject, but i don't get that whole ridemax thing. when i go to the park, i go to enjoy everything around me and to just go w/the flow...not to be on a "schedule". does it really work, anyway?
i don't know...it just seems too planned out for me, and i'm more on the spontaneous side. guess i'll never be using it! :)I think the idea is that when the spontaneous folk find themselves waiting in a long, LONG line, hot and sweaty, maybe with children, some may see a plan (such as RideMax) as a stress reducer and enjoyment enhancer. But you are right, it is not for everyone.

Mark Mywords
07-08-2005, 10:43 AM
i don't know...it just seems too planned out for me, and i'm more on the spontaneous side. guess i'll never be using it! :)

We subscribed to ridemax for the first time before our trip this year. I think that ridemax is great if you only have, say, 2 or 3 days in the park. We did not end up using the schedules because we had 6 days to get everything done.

I'm with you. Spontaneity is fun. In order to be "Spontaneous" on a Disneyland trip and get to experience alot of attractions and shows, you DO have to do some thinking before you go into the park. I used Ridemax to get a handle on what the wait time curve looked like for different rides in the park during this busy time of year. Armed with this, and a practical knowledge of attraction capacity/loading time, we were able to make "Spontaneous" decisions on what to do, but still avoid lines longer than 15 minutes.

BTW, Mark, the ridemax program was really cool and proved to be a help in our planning. It would be great if you folks added a feature to the program so that that it could easily be used to look at single attraction's wait times as they progress through the day.

HydroGuy
07-08-2005, 10:54 AM
BTW, Mark, the ridemax program was really cool and proved to be a help in our planning. It would be great if you folks added a feature to the program so that that it could easily be used to look at single attraction's wait times as they progress through the day.I'm also a RideMax user, and agree that would be a good addition.

Doug
07-09-2005, 07:03 AM
How do you find theses things out? Do you have a team of people that are constantly going to DLR?

The current set of disconnected FP attractions are Roger Rabbit and GRR. (The software knows this, the sample is just a bit out of date.)

Shortiemetoo
07-09-2005, 07:24 AM

I will be going from the 14th thru the 19th this month...do you think Ride Max would be a help during this time period?? Thanks!! :D

HydroGuy
07-09-2005, 09:38 AM
How do you find theses things out? Do you have a team of people that are constantly going to DLR?Not sure if Mark would reveal this, but you have to give someone credit who has found a way to make taking a family to DL a business expense! :p The RideMax website relates that Mark goes to DL several times a year, but I would have to imagine that they have developed relationships with folks who help gather this data (perhaps for free admittance?).

DCAWhites
07-10-2005, 01:03 AM
Last period star tours had fastpass it was connected.

EvanRude
07-11-2005, 09:43 AM
I had seen in a post that DL and DCA are not networked.
Is this true?
thanks

Andrew
07-11-2005, 09:45 AM
Yes, it's true. You can have simultaneous FastPasses from Disneyland and DCA.

fjhuerta
07-11-2005, 11:35 AM
I had seen in a post that DL and DCA are not networked.
Is this true?
thanks
It's definitely true. I once had 3 different Fastpasses inside Disney... it's a great strategy. I beat the lines all day long...