PDA

View Full Version : Halloween - anything for kids, i.e. trick or treating?

Skunker
07-07-2005, 05:36 PM
My husband would like to plan our DL trip over Halloween, but from what I have been reading, DL doesn't really have any special events for Halloween. We have a 6 year old, and I doubt he'd care much if he didn't get to trick or treat (since he'd be at DL instead!) but I think my husband is counting on some kind of special event there for Halloween. Can anyone shed some light on this?

disneyana8
07-07-2005, 06:21 PM
My husband would like to plan our DL trip over Halloween, but from what I have been reading, DL doesn't really have any special events for Halloween. We have a 6 year old, and I doubt he'd care much if he didn't get to trick or treat (since he'd be at DL instead!) but I think my husband is counting on some kind of special event there for Halloween. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Last year we stayed at the DLR over Halloween and the hotel invited the
hotel guests to a trick or treat evening. We had brought our grandson's
costume (he was three at the time) and that evening he dressed up and
went from hotel station (the information was on a list they gave us) to
station, receiving Ooh's and Aah's and treats (candy). All three hotels
participated and you could do all three or just the ones you wanted to do.
Over a DGC they had games set-up in the lobby (crowded) and a photo
op. (so very cute!) I don't remember a charge for the photo, and at some
stations they did ask to see your room key.
In downtown Disney you could go from business to business and they would
give out treats. I think this was the best Halloween, there were so many
children (and adults) in costumes and all were having a great time.
Would love to do this again, but this year we are going in late November
early December.

Wendi
07-07-2005, 08:09 PM
We were there last year as well, and will be there again this year. The only "event" last year was the little hotel thing for on-property hotel guests. They really tried to keep non-guests out of the hotels that night and I thought it was strange until I realized what was going on when we got inside. It was kind of like a school carnival type thing, little games, a few candy handouts, pictures, etc. I hope they'll do it again this year, even though it wasn't anything big, it was still kind of cute for the kids who were missing out on trick-or-treating for the year.

TimBuk2
07-07-2005, 08:41 PM
You can always go to the nearby Knott's Berry Farm for their Halloween Haunt. Might not be the best thing for a 6 year old, but I'm sure dad would like it.

Mrs. Newseditor44
07-07-2005, 11:42 PM
You can always go to the nearby Knott's Berry Farm for their Halloween Haunt. Might not be the best thing for a 6 year old, but I'm sure dad would like it.

The Knott's Halloween Haunt doesn't have a rating system but if it did, they would tell you its PG-13. Its quite not-so-family friendly for Haunt (monsters come out and scare the life out of you) but they also have Camp Spooky which is held during the weekend at regular day hours for families/kids. They have the Peanuts gang running around, some trick or treating and special shows as well.

BTW- didn't DTD have something for Halloween during the weekend last year? I thought they did.

GrumpyUTboi
07-08-2005, 05:39 AM
The only thing that DL did was bring out all the villians. DTD did not do anything and what drove me crazy is the fact that we were told no costumes were allowed in the park and all we saw were people dressed up in costumes and it was difficult to explain to the kids why they weren't allowed to wear their costumes.

The really neat thing about Halloween at DL is the Sat night DL stayed open an hour longer, Daylight savings, and on Halloween there were 4 or 5 guys digging a big ole hole like their lives depended on it and then next morning the tree was put up and Main Street was all decked with Christmas decorations. All the shops were set up with Christmas stuff as well. The transformation that happened in 10 hours was amazing.