PDA

View Full Version : The Grove Shopping District?

disneymeimei
07-07-2005, 05:05 PM
I just found out that American Girl Place is coming to Los Angeles in Spring of 2006! We love American Girl dolls! We will now be incorporating a visit there when we go to DL.

My question is: Where is The Grove Shopping District in conjunction with DL? Thank you in advance!!

To think I won't have to travel back east to go to American Girl Place...yippee

MeiMei

millionairegirl
07-07-2005, 05:21 PM
The Grove is in Westish LA on La Brea between LACMA and Television City (where The Price is Right and American Idol are taped) in the same area as the famous LA Farmer's Market.

I'd say it's around 45min -1 hour from Disneyland without traffic and a rental car or your car would make it much easier/cheaper than a bus, shuttle, or taxi. Even with a car, I'd imagine it would take up most of a day driving up there and coming home. And you don't want to drive during rush hour!

Stupid_American
07-07-2005, 06:16 PM
The Grove is along 3rd, between Fairfax and La Brea, just south of West Hollywood.
It's next to Farmer's Market.

The Grove (http://www.thegrovela.com/)

disneymeimei
07-07-2005, 07:32 PM
The Grove is along 3rd, between Fairfax and La Brea, just south of West Hollywood.
It's next to Farmer's Market.

The Grove (http://www.thegrovela.com/)

quote: Millionaire girl:
The Grove is in Westish LA on La Brea between LACMA and Television City (where The Price is Right and American Idol are taped) in the same area as the famous LA Farmer's Market.

I'd say it's around 45min -1 hour from Disneyland without traffic and a rental car or your car would make it much easier/cheaper than a bus, shuttle, or taxi. Even with a car, I'd imagine it would take up most of a day driving up there and coming home. And you don't want to drive during rush hour! End quote:

Thank you both. It will definately be a whole day adventure...I will need to save some $$$

MeiMei

Mark Goldhaber
07-07-2005, 08:39 PM
If you decide to go, don't forget to ride the trolley, which was designed by MousePlanet contributing writer and fomer Imagineer George McGinnis. ;)

WITron
07-07-2005, 09:48 PM
When we went up to the Green Bay area in May we stopped in Oshkosh at the American Girl Outlet store. While we were there we recieved a flier that in June they were having a "tent sale". My parents went and my mom was in line for over 2 hours to get into the store, but she got alot of good deals. Our DD has a bitty baby and a good idea we got was to purchase the outfits they have for the twins and you get two outfits for the price of one.

Mrs. Newseditor44
07-07-2005, 11:37 PM
I just found out that American Girl Place is coming to Los Angeles in Spring of 2006! We love American Girl dolls! We will now be incorporating a visit there when we go to DL.

My question is: Where is The Grove Shopping District in conjunction with DL? Thank you in advance!!

To think I won't have to travel back east to go to American Girl Place...yippee

MeiMei

My husband and I go to the Grove from time to time to get our LA fix. I believe the American Girl store is taking the place of FAO Schwarz which closed the Grove store over a year ago. In addition to the trolley as one person suggested, don't forget to eat at neighboring Farmer's Market, and if you go at night, the water show (by the theater) was designed by the same people that did the Bellagio water show. Oh and seriously depending what time of day you go, it will take you some time to get there. We used to go there after work. I worked in Downtown LA and my husband Hollywood and it would take us an hour to get there (and its not that far) in rush hour traffic....so plan ahead.

CrazyTrain
07-08-2005, 07:23 AM
I actually just made that trip Sunday - DTD to the Farmer's Market - and it took us about 45 minutes, with normal afternoon traffic. Definately go to the Farmer's Market while you are there! Also, the water show was going on so it might run more frequently during the summer/weekends.

VickiC
07-08-2005, 07:26 AM
Is it going to have the restaurant and everything? My daughter has been reading those books and will definitely want to go. She doesn't have any of the dolls yet, but has some coloring books and paper dolls.

pisces
07-08-2005, 08:14 AM
If you do nothing else, be sure to catch their Christmas shows. The Grove Christmas tree is one of the tallest in the USA. Disneyland's has better ornaments....but you've got to see the Grove's. I believe it goes up 8 or 9 stories. And if that weren't enough....the Grove does snow shows with the dancing fountains. It's an absolute Christmas wonderland. I can't decide who does better, Believe or the Grove....but they are definitely both my favorite Christmas trees ever.

You must see the Grove's Christmas show with live snow! Put it on your list.

slydini
07-08-2005, 12:21 PM
I live right across the street from the grove. From what I saw on the sign of the building, the store is going to be a store, cafe, theatre and I can't remeber if there was anything else. The fountain show is every half hour I believe. Christmas at the grove is wonderfull.. You get the dancing fouintain and the falling snow. The tree is also quite breath taking. I have gotten from Disneyland to the Grove in a half hour on a sunday evening.