PDA

View Full Version : How Many Mickeys

PartridgeFam 2004
07-07-2005, 02:34 PM
Does anyone know how many Mickeys work at Disney a day. The CMs always say why there is only one.

SilverStyle
07-07-2005, 02:41 PM
There is only One. Preserve the magic

shawnarae
07-07-2005, 03:26 PM
Really? I was thinking maybe 3 or 4 on a given day....or are we pretending by saying 1?

2 back in Toontown (I thought there was 2 rooms), then 1 in the front area of Main Street. Then 1 at Plaza restaurant for Birthdays.

Maybe I just don't know ;) Or maybe I need to think like a child again & stop guessing?????

squuggy
07-07-2005, 04:45 PM
There is only one Mickey Mouse. The magic is that he seems to be in more than one place at one time.

SCUBAbe
07-07-2005, 05:45 PM
There is only one Mickey Mouse. The magic is that he seems to be in more than one place at one time.

yeah just like santa...don't ask question...LOL

jetkitten
07-07-2005, 06:42 PM
silly person the reason you think there is more then one is that tinkerbell threw dust in your eyes and you developed an alergy to magic.

shawnarae
07-07-2005, 08:48 PM
Ohhhhhhh.............OK :) Sounds good!

..........and there is only ONE SANTA right?????? I have never questioned that :eek:

TimBuk2
07-07-2005, 08:53 PM
silly person the reason you think there is more then one is that tinkerbell threw dust in your eyes and you developed an alergy to magic.

Maybe the others are Minnie in drag !!

jetkitten
07-07-2005, 09:29 PM
Maybe the others are Minnie in drag !!

minnie in drag. oh man that's bad. "Others" would that mean Mickey has more then one Minnie to keep him Company.
[shaks head]
only one mickey...
Only one minnie
maybe two plutos though. Dog is a Dog

Opus1guy
07-07-2005, 10:41 PM
There used to be this sacred rule at Disneyland in Ops and in Entertainment...only one Mickey onstage at any one time. If a Mickey appeared in Bear Country, then Mickey had to vanish from Main Street. That sort of thing.

They officially chucked that rule out the window with the opening of Toon Town, with Mickey's constant presence there in Mickey's Movie Barn.

Now there can be 2 or more separate Mickey's onstage at the same time within Disneyland and/or California Adventure. But they do make sure to avoid the really obvious...like say having a Mickey at Town Square while a parade with Mickey in it is running.

jon80flt
07-08-2005, 07:48 AM
2 back in Toontown (I thought there was 2 rooms), ...

I believe there are actually 4 rooms... the bookcases on both walls appear to move to cover one or both doors on each side. I think each room has a differently dressed Mickey... Sorcerer, Traditional, Tuxedo, etc.

If you really think about it... how does Mickey change from Sorcerer Mickey standing on the stage into Steamboat Willie driving the Mark Twain, then back to Sorcerer Mickey standing atop the Mill, during Fansamic! ? ... It's magic, of course!

Now I'm waiting to see Jedi Mickey! :p

Jon

ChipmunkStar
07-08-2005, 08:38 AM
If you really think about it... how does Mickey change from Sorcerer Mickey standing on the stage into Steamboat Willie driving the Mark Twain, then back to Sorcerer Mickey standing atop the Mill, during Fansamic! ? ... It's magic, of course!
Jon

Not to mention, it's Mickey's dream. There could be like 5 bajillion of him there at once if he dreamed it so... But he doesn't.

Oh, and it goes Brave Little Tailor, then Steamboat Willie, then Sorceror, and back into Traditional for the infamous "Some imagination, huh? huh huh!"

Forbin
07-08-2005, 10:02 AM
Lol there is only 1! Mickey Eisner. Remember when it was Mickey Ovitz?

The others are just people dressed up as Mickey.

PartridgeFam 2004
07-09-2005, 12:40 PM
After visiting Disneyland I was wondering how many Mickey Mouses are employed by Disneyland and how many work the park at the same time? The CM always say we have only one.

CrazyMouse
07-09-2005, 12:41 PM
After visiting Disneyland I was wondering how many Mickey Mouses are employed by Disneyland and how many work the park at the same time? The CM always say we have only one.

Only one, preserves the magic as said here already. :-) We dont want to see two mickeys at a time do we?

mkcbunny
07-09-2005, 12:45 PM
I don't know how many, but parents should be careful about taking the train from Toon Town to Main Street with little Mickey fans, cuz they may have to explain how Mickey got from his house to Main Street faster than the train did.

When we did a tour a couple of years ago our CM guide said that there are more Minnie Mouse costumes than any other character -- all those different dresses and outfits she has, plus different sizes, backups, etc. I wish I could remember how many; I want to say it was nearly 2000. [This was at Magic Kingdom in FL, which may have more costumes with 4 parks vs. 2, as well.]

phoenixfire2k5
07-09-2005, 12:47 PM

There is only one. Please, for the sake of our virgin eyes, or for any kids that might see this, preserve the magic! :D

Opus1guy
07-09-2005, 01:02 PM
Speaking of breaking the Fantasy... ;)

Don't know if they still do this or not, but several years ago they had management training and orientation programs for folks from other divisions of the Company like Consumer Products, Walt Disney Studios, etc, etc. They were called "Disney Way." You had "Disney Way 1" and "Disney Way 2" etc, etc. Depending on your position with the Company, you moved up the line getting more of the "full treatment." One of the upper numbers included being a Disney character for an afternoon.

Anyway, at the end of the day your entire group got a group photo of you standing in your character costume with your head off...holding the head in your hand or placed at your feet. These were later professionally framed and captioned and inter-company mailed to you.

With all the trouble that Disney goes through to "protect" the fantasy of the park characters and how they normally would never want folks backstage taking pictures of partially costumed characters...I always thought these professional and sanctioned group photos were a bit odd. I mean...there's nothing stopping anyone from posting their group shot on the web or something. Just seemed odd to me at the time.

stan4d_steph
07-09-2005, 05:11 PM
After visiting Disneyland I was wondering how many Mickey Mouses are employed by Disneyland and how many work the park at the same time? The CM always say we have only one.I merged this thread with the previous one you started asking the same question just the other day.

I Heart Disneyland!
07-09-2005, 05:18 PM

Like Santa! ;)