PDA

View Full Version : Disney Visa: Disneyland Specific Benefits?

Nfatuated
07-07-2005, 02:23 PM
I am thinking about getting a Disney Visa. What are the benefits for D-land? How do the disney rewards work?

Niwel
07-07-2005, 03:04 PM
Benefits change every month -- they send you updates with your bill. Example, they had a special pin you can get at the resort, but only with you Disney Visa.
Also, according to MouseSavers (http://www.mousesavers.com) :

Spring-Summer 2005 - Disney's Visa Package Special
Disney's Visa cardholders who purchase a standard Walt Disney Travel Company package for Disneyland and travel between 4/25/05 and 7/23/05 get the following FREE extras on top of everything regularly included in the package:
Preferred seating for Snow White -- An Enchanting Musical at Disneyland
Preferred parade viewing at either Disneyland or Disney's California Adventure
Disney tote bag - one per package
Triple Disney Dream Reward Dollars earned on the package purchase*

*Book between 4/25/05 and 7/21/05 and you'll earn 3% in Reward Dollars instead of the usual 1%. Bonus Reward Dollars will be earned at time of final payment and make take up to 6-8 weeks to appear on statement after that time.

Basically, for every $100 you spend you get 1 Dream Dollar -- which you can apply toward Disney vacations, merchandse, food, etc. Sometimes they have double or triple points on items.

kisroo
07-07-2005, 03:26 PM
What Niwel said and:

6 month--no interest plan to pay off that fabulous DLR (or Disney World, for that matter) vacation.

From the Chase Disney Visa page:

*10% off select merchandise purchases of $50 or more
*10% off at select dining locations
*20% off select tours
*Cardmember-Exclusive Character Meet 'N' Greet Event with free
5x7 photo
*FREE Stroller Rentals with theme park admission

I plan on using most of these benefits on our trip in December!

Hope that helps!
~kisroo:)

edit: Regarding Disney rewards...I used Disney rewards to pay for several trips to the Blue Bayou last Dec. Basically, once you have $10+ Disney reward 'dollars', you call to get a card. They send you a card that kind of looks like a Disney Store gift card with the balance. You use it like a gift card. We had no problem using it at BB or in the DLR stores (not in DD, though).

shawnarae
07-07-2005, 03:28 PM
Does the 1% reward go for transfer balances also? Or just purchases?

kisroo
07-07-2005, 03:31 PM
Does the 1% reward go for transfer balances also? Or just purchases?

They may do some special offer once in awhile, but in general, you do *not* get reward on transfer balances.

Earkid
07-07-2005, 03:37 PM
Does the 1% reward go for transfer balances also? Or just purchases?As far as I know it is just for purchases. The points add up quickly. I paid my tuition with the Visa and that paid for all of our collectibles and most of our food on our last trip. You can also trade your points for Disney movies and use it online at DisneyDirect.

Some benefits are not so well known. Someone had posted that you can get free stroller rentals at the parks but I am not too clear on the details of that since I have no kidlets. Another benefit is an exclusive meet and greet at Ariels Grotto where you have your pic taken with characters and get a free 5x7. They also give you a choice of pictures on your card, we picked the special 50th logo.

Another cool benefit is when you use it merchants often comment "oh, your card is so cool, I love Disneyland". :D

SeattleRedBear
07-07-2005, 05:12 PM
As far as I know it is just for purchases. The points add up quickly. I paid my tuition with the Visa and that paid for all of our collectibles and most of our food on our last trip. You can also trade your points for Disney movies and use it online at DisneyDirect.

Some benefits are not so well known. Someone had posted that you can get free stroller rentals at the parks but I am not too clear on the details of that since I have no kidlets. Another benefit is an exclusive meet and greet at Ariels Grotto where you have your pic taken with characters and get a free 5x7. They also give you a choice of pictures on your card, we picked the special 50th logo.

Another cool benefit is when you use it merchants often comment "oh, your card is so cool, I love Disneyland". :D
The stroller rental benefit was just mentioned in the last bill. It's part of the DLR package purchase (whereas some of the other benefits mentioned don't require a vacation package purchase).

Disneymademoiselle
07-07-2005, 06:32 PM
I have been a cardmember since Day 1 and I finally found out what the rewards program was all about (I just got the card because it was Disney). Upon calling Chase about the rewards program, I found out that I had 32 Disney Rewards Dollars! That's pretty exciting when you figure that I had no idea about the program. Now I intend on using my shiny, new Bambi card for everything!!!

Crazy4DL
07-07-2005, 06:47 PM
I don't think you have to do anything special to use the free stroller except have a Disney CC. If you have a Disney CC you can logon to you account online and check out any current specials they have going.

Special Benefit at the
Disneyland® Resort for
Disney’s Visa® Cardmembers!1

Enjoy your next trip to
the Disneyland® Resort
knowing that the
Stroller Rentals are on us!2

https://online.firstusa.com/images/DLR_BundleA_MAY05_W_V1.jpghttps://online.firstusa.com/images/284x10.gifhttps://online.firstusa.com/images/284x10.gifDisney’s Visa Cardmembers can enjoy up to 2 FREE Stroller Rentals when visiting the Disneyland® Resort. Stroll along Main Street and enjoy all the exciting new shows and attractions in celebration of the 50th Anniversary.

This is just one of the great benefits available to you during the Happiest Homecoming On Earth! For more information on other benefits, visit the Current Offers section of this website under the “Disneyland® Resort” Category.

1Offer valid from 4/1/05 through 9/30/06. Present a valid Disney's Visa Card at time of purchase and use your Disney’s Visa Card or Disney Rewards Card for purchases. Not valid in combination with other offers, discounts, promotions or with any previous purchase. Separate theme park admission may be required. Offer elements, including participating locations, are subject to change without notice.

2 Offer is subject to availability while supplies last. Stroller availability varies based on theme park attendance and other factors. Limit two free strollers per cardmember per day. Available only at the Main Entrance Stroller Rental Locations in Disneyland® or Disney’s California Adventure™ theme parks.

Nfatuated
07-07-2005, 07:29 PM
So if I buy an AP can I still get the free stroller rental?

Crazy4DL
07-07-2005, 08:16 PM
So if I buy an AP can I still get the free stroller rental?

It looks like to me you can as long as you have a Disney credit card.

redcon1
07-08-2005, 07:58 AM
We totally forgot about the free photo when we visited DLR in May. It didn't matter anyway, as we were able to get pictures of our kids with Mickey and others at different locations around the parks.
We did take advantage of the free stroller all three days. That came in handy when my daughter got tired later in the day.
One thing about using your reward dollars: your purchase needs to be equal to or less than the amount on your reward card. You can't pay the difference
with another form of payment. We found this out the hard way twice.
I tried to use the $23 we had on our card toward the bill at Blue Bayou and then make up the difference with cash. It was rejected. Thinking the card itself hadn't been activated, I contacted Chase and they made sure the card was activated. I tried to use it again at Redd Rocket's, again rejected. I called Chase back and finally, the agent told us we couldn't apply it toward a higher amount purchase. We ended up using it for some small souvenirs and ice cream on Main Street.

Earkid
07-08-2005, 08:45 AM
One thing about using your reward dollars: your purchase needs to be equal to or less than the amount on your reward card. You can't pay the difference
with another form of payment. We found this out the hard way twice.
I tried to use the $23 we had on our card toward the bill at Blue Bayou and then make up the difference with cash. It was rejected. Thinking the card itself hadn't been activated, I contacted Chase and they made sure the card was activated. I tried to use it again at Redd Rocket's, again rejected. I called Chase back and finally, the agent told us we couldn't apply it toward a higher amount purchase. We ended up using it for some small souvenirs and ice cream on Main Street.I have not had this experience at all and we have been using our rewards card for two years now. During our trip in June, I maxed out my rewards card at WOD in DTD and then was able to put the balance on my Disney Visa, no problem. I knew I didn't have enough on the rewards card to cover it all so I actually handed the CM my Rewards Card and my Visa at the same time to cover the entire amount.

During a trip last year I used the balance of the rewards card at the Candy Palace and had to pay about $1.50 extra in cash and never had a problem. I wonder if this is a new policy?

kmovies
07-08-2005, 08:56 AM
The first time it will deny it, this is how it works.

Total Due $40.00

Denied - only $23.50 left on card.

The cashier would then type in $23.50 as the amount to charge.

The charge would go through.

Balance Due $16.50.

I had the same problem with a Disney Gift Card that had $10 on it. The cashier didn't know how to do it, so she called another person over. And in a few seconds, I paid the difference and the transaction was done.

The cashier just needs to read the message about why it was denied and the amount left on the card and then charge that amount to the card. They don't always do this!

Earkid
07-08-2005, 09:39 AM
The cashier just needs to read the message about why it was denied and the amount left on the card and then charge that amount to the card. They don't always do this!.....and I thought they were doing it just for me because I was so special!! :D

Thanks for the clarification kmovies!

slaght4
07-08-2005, 02:45 PM
We did take advantage of the free stroller all three days. That came in handy when my daughter got tired later in the day.

You are the first person I have seen that has actually used this benefit. We have a trip in a couple of weeks and would love any insight into how this works. Do you need to purchase or do anything special? Or just show your actual visa? Thank you for the information!!

sgirlsmom
07-08-2005, 08:45 PM
We used the free stroller rental benefit a few weeks ago, all you do is show your Disney VISA when you get to the cash register. We were not a part of a package (we have AP's), just showed our card and got two free stroller rentals each day of our stay, no questions asked!! The benefit is indeed for two rentals per day...I double checked. Since they are now allowing park hopping with the rental strollers, in my opinion this is a great benefit to Disney VISA cardholders with younger children!

:fez:

potcfan
07-09-2005, 09:17 AM
You can also purchase Pins that are only available to Disney Visa cardholders. I bought these two when I was at DLR last Christmas.
Pins (http://members.cox.net/king09/disney%20pins.jpg)

Mermaid
07-10-2005, 12:30 PM
Yeah- when I used mine at Redd Rocket's it denied it. I was like $2 short. I did not know exactly how much I had on it so we kept guessing until it took it! I ended up with $0.69 left. I bet the people behind me in line loved me!! Now I know to find out my balance so I can tell them what to put on it when it is less than the purchase!!
potc- when you get the pins do you just go to the pin cart and ask if they have any Visa only pins? I have heard of these exclusive pins but never any details other than they are out there.

Earkid
07-10-2005, 01:08 PM
when you get the pins do you just go to the pin cart and ask if they have any Visa only pins? I have heard of these exclusive pins but never any details other than they are out there.They only carry them at specialized locations. In DL ask for them at the Premiere Pin Shop (near BLAB), and I have also gotten mine at Greetings in DCA. However, sometimes the locations will change and the pins do sell out so make sure you find out when the next one is released and get there early. You can also order them from Disney Direct (min of 2 pins max of 5). You can also get a discount if you have an AP but will need to fax them a copy of your AP at the time of order.

potcfan
07-10-2005, 01:43 PM
potc- when you get the pins do you just go to the pin cart and ask if they have any Visa only pins? I have heard of these exclusive pins but never any details other than they are out there.

I tried to purchase them at the WoD store in DTD (the night before Christmas Eve, Duh), however, as I was standing in line the person ahead of me bought the last one. The CM advised me that all but the Greetings from California store in DCA had sold out of the pins. I rushed over there and was lucky enough to grab two of the six pins in the series. Next time I go to DLR at Christmas they will be the first thing on my list of must haves.