PDA

View Full Version : Park Place vs. Tropicana

pisces
07-07-2005, 02:21 PM
1. Which one is closer to the crosswalk?
2. Which one looks more attractive from the outside? Landscaping etc.
3. Which one has the quieter rooms?
4. Which one has the better Continental breakfast?

---And any other things you can think of to compare and contrast.

Question 1. My understanding is that Park Place leads right into the Harbor Blvd crosswalk, unless my eyeballs are deceiving me; however, my neighbor told me that if you get a room in the front of Tropicana, it can end up being a shorter walk, than a back room at Park Place?????

Question 2. From pictures it looks like Tropicana is landscaped better with the manicured plants and grassy palm trees. Also the tile roof makes it look, somehow, more plush. Park Place doesn't have a tile roof, it didn't look like---and didn't seem to be as much greenery out front.

MammaSilva
07-07-2005, 02:31 PM
It depends on what you're looking for in your hotel room. We've stayed at both hotels and depending on your room location is the deciding factor of 'how close' to the crosswalk you are. Here are a few of 'my personal opinions your mileage may vary' ...

both hotels have a basic sweet rolls, coffee, juice breakfast, all carbs and not all that filling. The tropicana gives you two "pieces" per person and coffee and/or a cup of juice. You can take it back to the room...the breakfast room was upstairs when we were there.....the Park Place had some fruit but not a huge selection and it had a toaster and some loaves of bread for toast in addition to the sweetrolls....but not much else to make it more of a value than the other.

Both have in room mini fridges, the room we had at Park place had two queens and a small love seat that pulled out for a 5th person to sleep, it had a small table with 2 chairs and the standard desk/chair ...and the tropicana didn't have anything but a small table with 2 chairs, the standard desk chair.

As for bed/sleeping....I can't honestly recommend one over the other. I found them to be typical hotel beds...the parking at Park Place seemed a little easier since it shares with the IHOP but that could just be my perception.

jrsharp21
07-08-2005, 06:57 AM
I have stayed at both and I prefer the BW Park Place Inn.

The rooms are definately bigger and a tad bit cleaner. Also parking is better there, but not much. Also guests at Park Place get tickets for a free pancake breakfast next door at the restaraunt.