PDA

View Full Version : DCA Trash Guy on Skates

justagrrl
02-07-2002, 07:44 PM
When we went to DCA the other evening, we noticed that one of the guys with the broom was on roller blades. Looks like it made the job much more fun.

I was wondering if this is just "him" - or is this something they all do and I've never paid any attention. Anyone else seen this going on?

Seems like it would make the job a lot more fun.

Mouse
02-07-2002, 07:51 PM
It's my understanding that it was just his idea...And he got the A-OK to do it. I think it is just him.

oregonzooron
02-07-2002, 10:39 PM
Imagine how much more territory he can cover that way! Sounds like a great way to reduce labor costs!

sshhh! Don't tell management!:D

Morrigoon
02-08-2002, 10:34 PM
What a great way to enhance the theming while improving efficiency... applause! Increased hazard, but I suppose they make him wear knee and wrist pads, or at least the knee ones.

bluepearl
02-08-2002, 10:39 PM
It's not just one guy, is it? I've seen various CMs in the Paradise Pier area with rollerblades (and the elbow/knee pads) since summer - not just guys, but a few girls. I noticed a female CM Thursday night at the Cast Blast with the rollerblades.

MammaSilva
02-08-2002, 10:49 PM
well wouldn't roller blades just add to the whole "California" theme...I mean you can't swing a cat around here without hitting a rollerblader LOL

LIMANDL4EVA
02-10-2002, 01:40 AM
this was a GREAT addition!:D

rexfarms
02-10-2002, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by mammasilva
well wouldn't roller blades just add to the whole "California" theme... LOL

I really hope they wont let them come to Disneyland becuase I think that would ruin the effect. But at DCA its alright.