PDA

View Full Version : Rock-it Mountain?

Pages : [1] 2

Pat-n-Eil
07-07-2005, 11:05 AM
So, with all of the soft opening, CM training and such have there been any sightings of the nighttime "Rock-It Mountain" that we've all heard speculation about? If this is indeed happening, do you think they'd save it as a surprise and announce it on the official grand re-opening day of Space Mountain?

phoenixfire2k5
07-07-2005, 11:21 AM
So, with all of the soft opening, CM training and such have there been any sightings of the nighttime "Rock-It Mountain" that we've all heard speculation about? If this is indeed happening, do you think they'd save it as a surprise and announce it on the official grand re-opening day of Space Mountain?

This is the second time I have seen it. What exactly is Rock-it Mountain?

Disney Vault
07-07-2005, 11:26 AM
It is the new nightime version of space mountain. It will have different music and different lighting effects. And yes it is going to happen just not yet. It is believed to happen in May when they add the new drop sequence to ToT. Then they will be able to advertise two new things at the resort.

phoenixfire2k5
07-07-2005, 11:28 AM
It is the new nightime version of space mountain. It will have different music and different lighting effects. And yes it is going to happen just not yet. It is believed to happen in May when they add the new drop sequence to ToT. Then they will be able to advertise two new things at the resort.

So, it aint gonna happen till next May? OI EE VAY!

Well, at least the ride is up and running FINALLY!!

SilverStyle
07-07-2005, 11:48 AM
So, it aint gonna happen till next May? OI EE VAY!

Well, at least the ride is up and running FINALLY!!

Yep from my understanding they already have the props in space for this.

Disney Vault
07-07-2005, 12:18 PM
Yep from my understanding they already have the props in space for this.
Yep, and you can see some pictures at MouseInfo. You can't see much but it kind of looks like Rock n' Rollercoaster from DL Paris. I guess the ride stopped and the lights came on so they got a few pictures.

AirForceGoofy
07-07-2005, 03:37 PM
Yep, and you can see some pictures at MouseInfo. You can't see much but it kind of looks like Rock n' Rollercoaster from DL Paris. I guess the ride stopped and the lights came on so they got a few pictures.
I just stopped in MouseInfo and was reading the posts. I agree with some people...WHY CAN'T THEY JUST LEAVE IT ALONE? First they close Space Mountain for along time then they have to do this? What happened to the Space Mountain/ Disneyland I remember as a kid? What next an Aerosmith Soundtrack for Matterhorn? I just think if the rumors are correct than they are trying to take 2 attractions (SM and RnRRC) and put them in one...how cheap? Maybe I am the only one that is angered by this but what has the company come to? :mad:

PragmaticIdealist
07-07-2005, 11:24 PM
Rockit Mountain already sounds bad.

Anytime W.D.I. uses puns, expect a D.C.A.-like disaster.

Disney Vault
07-08-2005, 12:01 AM
I am not going to judge it at all until it opens. It could turn out to be really great. And if it sucks then all they have to do is leave it as space mt.

stan4d_steph
07-08-2005, 06:04 AM
Anytime W.D.I. uses puns, expect a D.C.A.-like disaster.Yes, the Rock 'n Rollercoaster is such a craptastic ride. :rolleyes:

I will be interested to see what they come up with. I like the idea of having a different experience at night and during the day. Perhaps it will breathe new life into Tomorrowland.

PragmaticIdealist
07-08-2005, 06:35 AM
Rock'n' Roller Coaster, starring Aerosmith, sounds pretty craptastic to me.

Where's the imagination?

Aren't most of the members of Aerosmith dead?

What is the story again? ... something about getting to a concert in time. Ahh... it's Superstar Limo with a headbanger soundtrack.

How does Aerosmith relate to Sunset Boulevard circa 1939?

Isn't Rock'n' Roller Coaster just an off-the-shelf ride stuck in a plain show-box made to look like a soundstage and filled with cheap special effects and story "overlays" (cough)?

I normally find sarcasm craptastic, but I felt in the mood to return it in kind, this time.

stan4d_steph
07-08-2005, 06:44 AM
I normally find sarcasm craptastic, but I felt in the mood to return it in kind, this time.And I normally find sweeping generalizations idiotic.

Have you ridden RnR?

phoenixfire2k5
07-08-2005, 11:07 AM
Rock'n' Roller Coaster, starring Aerosmith, sounds pretty craptastic to me.

Where's the imagination?

Aren't most of the members of Aerosmith dead?

What is the story again? ... something about getting to a concert in time. Ahh... it's Superstar Limo with a headbanger soundtrack.

How does Aerosmith relate to Sunset Boulevard circa 1939?

Isn't Rock'n' Roller Coaster just an off-the-shelf ride stuck in a plain show-box made to look like a soundstage and filled with cheap special effects and story "overlays" (cough)?

I normally find sarcasm craptastic, but I felt in the mood to return it in kind, this time.

As an Aerosmith fan, I find that offensive. And from what I have seen, you seem to roam around these boards offending and annoying everyone Prag. As someone else put, you ARE a glutton for punishment. And no, all members of the band are still alive. Looks like my ignore list on these boards just might get some use after all. But the one sole person on it is gonna be very lonely. :~D :p :D

Disney Vault
07-08-2005, 11:54 AM
And I normally find sweeping generalizations idiotic.

Have you ridden RnR?
I agree. RNR is a really good ride. I don't understand where this negativity is coming from. And the story is actually VERY good. I would never compare it to super star limo :rolleyes: .

rfaljean
07-08-2005, 04:14 PM
I can't wait to see how the Rock-It Mountain does. I've been riding SM since I was 7
(ok...1979-God I'm getting old) and can't really ride it anymore (slight motion
sickness), but I am very willing to give a rock'n'roll theme at least one try..... Too bad
we'd have to wait almost another year for it!!!!

I love Aerosmith and would love to ride RNR, but Florida is just too far for this California gal to go...

hbquikcomjamesl
07-08-2005, 06:17 PM
The thing I liked about the previous Space Mountain soundtrack is that yes, it was surf guitar, yes it was Dick Dale, but it was also a recognizable CLASSICAL piece.

I've been to WDW three times. I've walked past the entrance to their RnR at least once each time. I've never had the slightest interest in riding the thing. Aerosmith my equus asinius.

Maus
07-08-2005, 06:28 PM
I love Rockin' Roller Coaster. It's a great ride with a fun story line. And I do not like Aerosmith. But the music fits.

Barbossa
07-08-2005, 06:56 PM
According to a previous thread, there is a rumour that "Rock-it Mountain" is going to use music by Van Halen.

That would kick butt.

And Aerosmith rocks too. :cool:

PragmaticIdealist
07-09-2005, 01:49 AM
I know enough about the way The Walt Disney Company works to recognize when something with artistic integrity is being created by the really talented people in Imagineering and when some committee of executives is merely handing an order to a sycophant in W.D.I.

The creation of Rock-It Mountain sounds suspiciously like the latter scenario.

Forgive me if I prefer not to hear "Love in an Elevator" or "Dude Looks like a Lady" while aboard Space Mountain. If the original design intent is somehow preserved and Rock-It Mountain somehow does not bastardize the Attraction, and Tomorrowland as a whole, then I will be pleased.

I, of course, reserve judgment, but I am expecting the worst because I have been repeatedly disappointed over the past decade.

I also disagree with some of the moderators poisoning the tone of these forums by using sarcasm and insulting MousePad users personally.

"stan4d_steph" is not the only moderator to do so, but I was answering sarcasm with sarcasm. I know Aerosmith is still alive, but I question the logic in making Attractions starring aging rock bands with limited appeal. Again, where is the imagination? What are the justifications for these creative decisions? Rock'n' Roller Coaster is anathema to Walt Disney's concept of the theme park, but, as long as a certain number of troglodytes exist who are eager to consume this swill, then I am sure Disney will keep producing works of such little ambition and such low standards. And, in the process, Disneyland will continue to lose its integrity.

sdfilmcritic
07-09-2005, 01:58 AM
This is the second time I have seen it. What exactly is Rock-it Mountain?Disclaimer: The following post was intended to be an evil post and has no real truth to it.

The Rock-It Mountain version will start at 6 PM. After a brief thirty minute transition period every day the Rock-It version will suddenly include an upside down loop and a few drastic thirty foot drops. :~D

AirForceGoofy
07-09-2005, 04:56 AM
Just so you all know in my previous post when I said...
What next an Aerosmith Soundtrack for Matterhorn? : I knew that "Rock It Mountain" is supposed to have music by Van Halen...I saw everyone was stuck on Aerosmith and I like Aerosmith I was just pulling up a example of how I feel about them adding "mainstream" rock to a Disney attraction. I was going to say...

What next an Black Sabbath Soundtrack for Peter Pan and how about Pink Floyd for the Mark Twain: :fez:
I know alot of you like this idea for this "Rock It Mountain" but does anyone see my point of combining 2 attractions into one being cheap and to have a band for one is not even really a band anymore, and that probably my kids (I hope I don't have any yet) will not know of? I guess I am the only one dumb founded.....Maybe they should of just not built ToT and just put the Twilight Zone music in the elevator room of the Haunted Mansion and at night and called it "Twilight Mansion". I am not trying to be a smarty but come on it just all seems so cheap to me and like they are not be very creative when it come to improving Tommorowland. Maybe we should start a group called "Save Tommorowland".

Stupid_American
07-09-2005, 06:17 AM
On my 2 rides on Space Mtn, I have to confess that I wasn't that aware of the soundtrack.
There is enough to keep my senses busy to be overly concerned with the music selection.
It could have been Barry Manilow for as much attention it drew from me.
As time passes, I might become more aware of the tune.

It appears that there may be something added to the outside queue.
There is masked scaffolding that doesn't seem to serve any purpose at this time.
Maybe this might be involved in the "Rocket 'n" phase.

If the nighttime soundtrack is too offensive, it might be best if one restricts their riding to more established traditions.
There's always Small World!

sdfilmcritic
07-09-2005, 06:22 AM
Pink Floyd? Black Sabbath? Aerosmith? I would definitely vote to add some of their music to the soundtracks for the attractions. :D

AlbertaMinnie
07-09-2005, 06:43 AM
Does it really matter WHO the music is composed by? As I see it, if the songs suit the ride, does it really matter? I love the music in California Screamin but have no idea who composed it - nor do I care because it just suits the ride and that's all that matters.

Have you gone to a city carnival? All the rides shouting obsenities at you with the hip hop and rap music? At least the Disney version of songs will have to be clean and suitable for all ages. I love hip hop, I love rap, and I also love Aerosmith and Van Halen, and would choose to listen to the latter if my little ones are listening too.

Maybe some feel that it cheapens the ride by changing it at night, but people are screaming that DLR doesn't do enough new for us - and this may be a quick way to try and satisfy us for a bit while they work on other big projects???? Let's not shoot it down just yet - let's give it and try and get everyones opinion after it opens?

arpinl
07-09-2005, 08:59 AM
I know Aerosmith is still alive, but I question the logic in making Attractions starring aging rock bands with limited appeal. Again, where is the imagination? What are the justifications for these creative decisions? Rock'n' Roller Coaster is anathema to Walt Disney's concept of the theme park, but, as long as a certain number of troglodytes exist who are eager to consume this swill, then I am sure Disney will keep producing works of such little ambition and such low standards. And, in the process, Disneyland will continue to lose its integrity.

How is incorporating Aerosmith's music into an attraction any "worse" than or different from incorporating The Twilight Zone into the Tower of Terror? Both the band and the TV show are "old" and have "limited" (although still fairly broad, I would suspect) appeal.

I enjoy Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. I think the back story and queue theming are great--better than those of many coasters (IOA's Hulk Coaster comes to mind) in comparable theme parks, in my opinion. Do you really feel that referring to an attraction as "swill" and to the people who enjoy it as "troglodytes" is an effective and respectful way of expressing your opinions?