PDA

View Full Version : How Long from SNA to DTD?

sdlipton
07-07-2005, 10:30 AM
HEy all,

First off, Mouseplanet rocks and everyone here is great!

Second, My fiance and I land at SNA at 6Pm on July 22nd and want to eat at DTD and then head into the parks. Can anyone local give me an idea of how long it will take from the gate to DTD on a friday night?

Note: I am NOT checking bags and my Future Mother in law is picking us up at the airport.

Darkbeer
07-07-2005, 10:39 AM
HEy all,

Second, My fiance and I land at SNA at 6Pm on July 22nd and want to eat at DTD and then head into the parks. Can anyone local give me an idea of how long it will take from the gate to DTD on a friday night?

Note: I am NOT checking bags and my Future Mother in law is picking us up at the airport.

About 15 minutes, depending on traffic. Take the 55 north to the 5 north, and use the Car Pool lanes to Disney Way.

MatterhornMom
07-07-2005, 10:40 AM
Hi there.

We flew in to John Wayne last week, and I remember it only took us about ten minutes to get to the Embassy Suites Anaheim South (about a mile from DTD), and from there, maybe five minutes. So, I'd say 15 or 20 minutes, most likely, depending on traffic.

phoenixfire2k5
07-07-2005, 10:43 AM
HEy all,

That depends on route. According to Yahoo Maps Driving directions, it should take you approximately 22 minutes. And that's via the 405 to the 55, to the 5 freeways, and off at Katella Avenue in Anaheim. Also depends on what traffic might be like. You're coming in around the end of rushhour, and if there is any bumper to bumper traffic, it might take you up to an hour. You can also try the 405 freeway north to Harbor Blvd and surface street it from there. But the 3 freeway route is the best advised route. Whether there is bumper to bumper or not, using the carpool lane will probably make it easier. Have fun.

Malcon10t
07-07-2005, 10:48 AM
That depends on route. According to Yahoo Maps Driving directions, it should take you approximately 22 minutes. And that's via the 405 to the 55, to the 5 freeways, and off at Katella Avenue in Anaheim. Also depends on what traffic might be like. You're coming in around the end of rushhour, and if there is any bumper to bumper traffic, it might take you up to an hour. You can also try the 405 freeway north to Harbor Blvd and surface street it from there. But the 3 freeway route is the best advised route. Whether there is bumper to bumper or not, using the carpool lane will probably make it easier. Have fun.
We've always arrived in the am, and it is usually a 15 min drive. However, since you are arriving during commute traffic, expect it to take longer.

phoenixfire2k5
07-07-2005, 11:24 AM
We've always arrived in the am, and it is usually a 15 min drive. However, since you are arriving during commute traffic, expect it to take longer.

Exactly!

Mrs. Newseditor44
07-07-2005, 12:00 PM
Friday night? Yeah, expect bad traffic so it may take quite a bit longer. We used to go to DL via carpool lane from Irvine and it took us 30 minutes with friday night traffic. What time is your arrival?

phoenixfire2k5
07-07-2005, 12:01 PM
Friday night? Yeah, expect bad traffic so it may take quite a bit longer. We used to go to DL via carpool lane from Irvine and it took us 30 minutes with friday night traffic. What time is your arrival?

They get in at 6pm.

Mrs. Newseditor44
07-07-2005, 12:08 PM
They get in at 6pm.

Ooops...I see it now.

Yeah, it'll take you no longer than 30 minutes.

VickiC
07-07-2005, 12:18 PM
My guess is about 15 minutes from the airport to the carpool lane on the 55, once you get there only another 15 to DTD.

sdlipton
07-07-2005, 04:00 PM
THank you everyone for all of the great information. From what i can tell, I can expect my journey once i exit the jetway at SNA to take appx 25-45 minutes depending on traffic.

So I am pretty happy that I made my reservation for 8:15 at DTD. The only problem is.. that i have one day passes for DL that i was oging to use that night, so now I wonder if I should use them or use them another time..

Malcon10t
07-07-2005, 08:54 PM
THank you everyone for all of the great information. From what i can tell, I can expect my journey once i exit the jetway at SNA to take appx 25-45 minutes depending on traffic.

So I am pretty happy that I made my reservation for 8:15 at DTD. The only problem is.. that i have one day passes for DL that i was oging to use that night, so now I wonder if I should use them or use them another time..Well, you wont get to the park til 10pm, is it worth it to use the pass for 2 hours or so?

sdlipton
07-08-2005, 06:54 AM
Well, you wont get to the park til 10pm, is it worth it to use the pass for 2 hours or so?

.. but.. Yeah.. I would use a one day pass, valued at about 40 dollars each for just two hours of DIsney and heres why.. My fiance LOVES the sight of the castle all lit up walking up mainstreet and I LOVE mainstreet and DIsney at night.

Stupid_American
07-08-2005, 07:49 AM
.. but.. Yeah.. I would use a one day pass, valued at about 40 dollars each for just two hours of DIsney and heres why.. My fiance LOVES the sight of the castle all lit up walking up mainstreet and I LOVE mainstreet and DIsney at night.

Unless you have arranged a deal, make that $56.

phoenixfire2k5
07-08-2005, 11:02 AM
Unless you have arranged a deal, make that $56.

Maybe Disney should bring back the after dark special discounted price. That might prove to be a mistake though.

Darkbeer
07-08-2005, 11:18 AM
Maybe Disney should bring back the after dark special discounted price. That might prove to be a mistake though.

Based on the Crowd Control problems they are having in regards to the Fireworks and Fantasmic!, I think selling a discounted ticket that requires you to leave by 6 PM would be better... (pay the full price single day ticket, and if you surrender your ticket by 6 PM get a $5 rebate...):fez:

phoenixfire2k5
07-08-2005, 11:31 AM
Based on the Crowd Control problems they are having in regards to the Fireworks and Fantasmic!, I think selling a discounted ticket that requires you to leave by 6 PM would be better... (pay the full price single day ticket, and if you surrender your ticket by 6 PM get a $5 rebate...):fez:

HA! The only way people will do that is if Disney offered a full refund or at least half of it. And we all know Disney aint doin that! :p

Mrs. Newseditor44
07-08-2005, 11:34 PM
Ok, we did the drive today (friday night) from a location near the airport towards Disneyland (although we weren't going there). And before I let you know how it went, even though the OC Fair opened up, it had NO effect on NB traffic. We entered the 55 freeway around 6:15pm and encounter a backup and we even were able to get onto the carpool lane. We traveled north on the 55 to the 5 north via the carpool lane. We got to where we were headed to which was one exit before Disneyland at 7:10pm!!!!! We were also on the carpool lane which was going much faster (if you can call it that) than the regular lanes.

VickiC
07-09-2005, 07:43 AM
DH recently attended a convention in Anaheim and you could pre-order after 4 pm Disneyland tickets for 28 dollars .