PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Characters?

imanactor5
07-07-2005, 04:34 AM
I will be going to Disneyland in August and was curious if anyone has information about the characters...any new ones? I met Pocohantas one year but never can find her since. I also noticed that Tinkerbell is on the float this year and I would love to know if there is an autograph area? I am a Tink fan.

PirateSmile
07-07-2005, 08:57 AM
I don't think Tink's got an autograph area :( But Pocahontas is usually right by the entrance to Frontierland whenever I go. You can always go to guest services too to ask about characters, they've always been very helpful to us.

yellowrosedtxn
07-07-2005, 09:13 AM
We saw Pocohantas in Frontierland last week. Also we saw Woody and Jessie there.

arpinl
07-07-2005, 09:38 AM
I will be going to Disneyland in August and was curious if anyone has information about the characters...any new ones? I met Pocohantas one year but never can find her since. I also noticed that Tinkerbell is on the float this year and I would love to know if there is an autograph area? I am a Tink fan.

Many 'old' characters (Mickey, Minnie, Chip, Dale, etc) have new 50th anniversary outfits.

SarahShep
07-08-2005, 08:23 AM
When we were there last week Pocahontas was right by the Rivers of America, just chillin on a rock. Goofy was near by as well. The Princesses are always around the castle, on either side (You have to go far out to the sides, like by Snow White's wishing well). The Evil Queen is usually around the backside of the castle in Fantasyland. Ariel is in her grotto (by Tomorrowland) from time to time throughout the day. Peter Pan, Wendy and Mulan all came around to ride King Arthur's Carousel around the time that Merlin did his Sword in the Stone show in the morning. You can also find some of the Princesses in the Animation Studios at DCA, Koda and Kenai from Brother Bear at their little show thing, classic Disney Characters (Mickey, Donald, Pluto...) around the ocean wave fountain in the front...I also saw Mulan and Mushu around the Golden Dreams theater and Stitch is usually somewhere in DCA. Hercules was in DCA last week, too.

Characters usually are in the front area (by the mickey flowers) just after the entrance turnstiles in the morning. And then they are usually littered throughout the beginning of Main Street, just after you pass under the tunnels. Also, there are a bunch of character breakfasts/meals where you are certain to meet some characters.

The best rule of thumb? Ask a character handler who is going to be out today and where they will be located. They usually have buttons that say something to the effect of "ask me about characters" or, in the case of the princesses, they are dressed as heralds in blue w/ feathered caps. Hope that helps! (This is based on the last 4-5 years of DL trips with my sister, who has an autograph book filled with signatures of different characters...it's become a game!)