PDA

View Full Version : Side Effects?

TinkR
07-06-2005, 11:22 PM
Does anyone know what happened to the singing group Side Affects that sings in New Orleans Square over by the snack cart (across from the store with the Nightmare merchandise)? We were there last week and checked several times but never found them. We've been watching them for more than 5 years and it got to the point that they would recognize us and pull my kids up to dance. We're from the S.F. Bay Area and visit about 5-6 times a year yet they got to know us. The lead singer's name is Augie.

Thanks for any information!

crazi4dlr
07-07-2005, 08:21 AM
They were there when we visited the week of June 20th. Maybe you just missed them? They were good.

Cnjp
07-07-2005, 04:07 PM
Does anyone know what happened to the singing group Side Affects that sings in New Orleans Square over by the snack cart (across from the store with the Nightmare merchandise)? We were there last week and checked several times but never found them. We've been watching them for more than 5 years and it got to the point that they would recognize us and pull my kids up to dance. We're from the S.F. Bay Area and visit about 5-6 times a year yet they got to know us. The lead singer's name is Augie.

Thanks for any information!

For at least the last four years, Side Effect usually only performs on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. When we visited the resort in May of this year, they were performing. However, we didn't see Augie or Reagae. Greg was back in the group, but I didn't recognize anyone else. The line-up that I am familar with is the one in the picture below.

http://www.geocities.com/candjp/cnjp/sideeffect.jpg

Left to right: Reagae, Charles, me, Greg and Augie

Charles has been gone for the last two years and James took his place. Greg takes breaks occasionally, so it was nice to see him in May. Reagae and Augie are usually always there. It was strange that they were both gone.

The park schedules that cast members carry have the dates and times that Side Effect performs. Hope you get to see them again soon. They are a great group to watch! :)