PDA

View Full Version : NYE - Which restaurant?

jenmclions
07-06-2005, 07:00 PM
Can anyone make a suggestion for where to have dinner on New Years Eve? There will be 7 adults, 5 kids so nothing overly fancy - we thought about the Napa Rose for a milli-second but with five very noisy kids? Forget about it!

Would the Blue Bayou be suitable? I've have had lunch there back in 2000 but can't recall if the menu has suitable meals for children. Also can you make a booking in advance, I thought I recall hearing a booking can be made 60 days out??

Thank for your responses in advance :)

Viva La Disney
07-06-2005, 07:14 PM
I think it would be okay to make some reservations for Blue Bayou.

stan4d_steph
07-06-2005, 07:37 PM
Blue Bayou is overpriced for dinner, IMO, but if you're looking to be in DL on NYE your options are limited. If you don't mind paying the inflated prices, go for it.

Viva La Disney
07-06-2005, 07:45 PM
Perhaps Cafe Orleans?

Hakuna Makarla
07-06-2005, 07:48 PM
NYE NOW??? I think you have plenty of time to decide and to look at many possibilities.

JeffG
07-06-2005, 07:58 PM
I suspect Blue Bayou will be your best choice. They do offer generally decent selections both for kids and adults and the overall atmosphere is well suited for either. If you are looking for a sit-down restaurant, it and Carnation Cafe (an outside restaurant on Main Street) are the only choices inside the park and I really wouldn't recommend any of the Downtown Disney or hotel restaurants if you are certain you want to be inside the park at midnight on NYE.

Note that they start taking reservations 90 days in advance, so you should plan on calling around the end of September. The reservations could sell out pretty quickly for NYE, so don't wait too long after they become available.

-Jeff

jenmclions
07-06-2005, 08:35 PM
NYE NOW??? I think you have plenty of time to decide and to look at many possibilities.

Thanks for all your replies guys, I'll take it all on board. When you are travelling up to 16 hours non stop from Australia with 12 people it's probably a good idea to plan everything early! With others assistance looking at all possibilites is what I'm trying do. :)