PDA

View Full Version : Are the furnishings/fixtures in the Grand Californian's guest rooms for sale?

pisces
07-06-2005, 05:03 PM
Has anyone tried to purchase the GC bedspread and/or shower curtain?, for home use?

I was reading an article that said more and more hotels are making their furnishings in the guest rooms available for guests, for retail purchase.

I never saw any of the furnishings on sale at the Acorn Gift Shop. I didn't really think to ask. I also loved their linens (The pillowcases and sheets felt the softest and silkiest ever). So, I might have purchased those too.

The bedside light fixtures....loved those. Though, I could probably go to a home store and purchase something similar.

I would think Acorn would have these items on display, if they were available for retail purchase.

Also the Chip-n-Dale chocolates: I'd like to purchase those too, if they were available.

SoCalSteven
07-06-2005, 05:15 PM
Take them and see how much they add to your bill! lol!

pisces
07-06-2005, 05:19 PM
----Almost forgot about the robes.

millionairegirl
07-06-2005, 05:21 PM
The robes are definitely in the giftshop. Only $75.

FoodLover
07-06-2005, 06:11 PM
Has anyone tried to purchase the GC bedspread and/or shower curtain?, for home use?

I'm not sure about the other items, but I do know the sheets are made by Frette. They are super-high-quality -- many people think they are the best sheets made -- and retail for about $1500 a set. You can get them for about half-price at Overstock.com, which also offers coupons all the time, so you might be able to save even more.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

pisces
07-06-2005, 06:31 PM
Wow, I had no idea about the sheets. All I know is that they were the smoothest, plushest, sumptuous-est (that a word?), I'd ever felt. The pillows were so plump and fresh----and I usually don't even bother with pillows. I looked all over for tags or brand names and could find nothing.

Frette, eh? I wonder if they do the bed spread too?

Wendi
07-06-2005, 08:20 PM
You can buy the chocolates at WOD... probably at the candy shops in the parks too, but I know I saw them in WOD on our last trip.

shawnarae
07-08-2005, 11:08 AM
Just an FYI :)

That Disney Auctions on Ebay has some hotel lithos for sale. A few close in an hour or two, and some are on auction for a week or so. I did not see anything that said it was from GCH, but did see PPH on some of the descriptions. They also had some other Disneyland artifacts and also Disney movie props.

I went through Disney Direct (bottom of the DD homepage is an auction link) to look. Sifting through Ebay sometimes is long & you aren't 100% sure it is authentic. So if I were you I would keep on the look out on that website & Ebay if you like something from one of the hotels :) You never know if something will be on there.

Good luck!

pisces
07-08-2005, 11:41 AM
Ebay? Oy....I don't know if I want to buy a used bedspread, or shower curtain......

Their bedspread (quilt?) was just charming, though. With the Bambi, and owl motif. Maybe they feel like if you have that at home, there'd be no reason to stay at the hotel.

Still, there's no excuse for Acorn Gift Shops lack of logo items. I didn't even see toiletries at Acorn. I had to beg the maids for extra bottles of the special GC shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion.

GC toiletries are the best I've ever used. Just smelling the scents of their shampoo takes me back there in my mind.

Get with the program Acorn Gift Shop, and GC !!!