PDA

View Full Version : ToT Question?

Sandiegoboy
07-06-2005, 04:34 PM
Is that Library room everyone needs to crowd into an elevator in disguise?
I dont understand the reason for it really.

pisces
07-06-2005, 04:35 PM
Also, will TOT be doing anything special for its anniversery?

Osky
07-06-2005, 04:37 PM
I dont understand the reason for it really.

Not an elevator. Just something to do while you wait for the actual ride. (If it were an elevator, there would be no need to make people walk up those stairs for the upper level).

Malcon10t
07-06-2005, 05:03 PM
I dont understand the reason for it really.It makes you feel like the ride is starting at that point, instead of just more loops around.

kbanmen
07-06-2005, 05:08 PM
when I first went into the tower Inthought it was the actual ride
it isnt.. just a little movie to watch before the actual ride

kelly

Disney Vault
07-06-2005, 06:20 PM
when I first went into the tower Inthought it was the actual ride
it isnt.. just a little movie to watch before the actual ride

kelly
That would be scary. Thinking it is the ride but you aren't strapped in yet.

Jon Vincible
07-06-2005, 07:41 PM
As great as the library is, it actually lowers ride capacity when there's few people in line. I think the actual ride is quicker than the whole load in/ watch movie/ load out part because we had half empty elevator cars when there were definately people waiting in the lobby.

Edit: I love Tower of Terror btw...

SCUBAbe
07-06-2005, 08:39 PM
the library helps set the story for the ride...and I love how I can feel the lightening through the floor..:)

Disney Vault
07-06-2005, 08:49 PM
the library helps set the story for the ride...and I love how I can feel the lightening through the floor..:)
You feel the lightening? I didn't know they shocked the guest ;)

SCUBAbe
07-06-2005, 09:04 PM
You feel the lightening? I didn't know they shocked the guest ;)

you didn't know that??....everytime I see the price of soda and water I get a little shocked..:)

(i guess i feel the thunder...:))

SilverStyle
07-06-2005, 11:30 PM
Its all based on theming, you go to the lib to see the documentary of what happen that story night. Only to find a hidden passage to unlock into the boiler room. Which is not meant for hotel guest. That is why your are directed to service elevators.

SilverStyle
07-06-2005, 11:31 PM
Also, will TOT be doing anything special for its anniversery?

Nothing special ToT turned 1yr already.

Disney Vault
07-06-2005, 11:43 PM
Could you imagine if they did something for every attractions birthday.

Vegitabeta
07-07-2005, 01:14 AM
:p That would mean a lot of special pins :p

Sandiegoboy
07-07-2005, 02:28 AM
I didnt think it was an elevator, but the floor felt unstable to me. Sooooo I was curious about the reason for them.

New question!
Are there 6 elevators (actual ride ones) and only 3 shafts?

slydini
07-07-2005, 05:23 AM
Yup. Three upper and three lower. Three shafts.

SilverStyle
07-07-2005, 10:01 AM
I didnt think it was an elevator, but the floor felt unstable to me. Sooooo I was curious about the reason for them.

New question!
Are there 6 elevators (actual ride ones) and only 3 shafts?

Yes, we have three shafts with 6 individuals vehicles. While one is profile, the other one is being loaded. We load from two different levels.

SilverStyle
07-07-2005, 10:04 AM
Ask any other question, I could prob answer it

hbquikcomjamesl
07-07-2005, 10:20 AM
[/quote]Ask any other question, I could prob answer it[/quote]Ok, so why are guests directed to stand only on the carpeted area?

Craigster- diver
07-07-2005, 10:31 AM
Ask any other question, I could prob answer it
Ok, so why are guests directed to stand only on the carpeted area?

Skeptics would say it's the "Lemming Test"....or the "Sheep Test".....how stupid are guests anyway ?

Conspiracy Theorists would say it's a way to weed out the "non-conformists" amongst the population.

Craig

SilverStyle
07-07-2005, 11:07 AM
Skeptics would say it's the "Lemming Test"....or the "Sheep Test".....how stupid are guests anyway ?

Conspiracy Theorists would say it's a way to weed out the "non-conformists" amongst the population.

Craig

Haha that is what I like to think of. We ask u to stay on the carpet so we can get around need be in Emergency. After those doors close we go to the back one where the sliding wall is. There is no way we can move if people are crowded all over the place. In case of a fire we need to move back to the lobby doors and push the open door button. Hence we ask u stay on the carpet, its for your and my safety.

Disney Vault
07-07-2005, 11:28 AM
Haha that is what I like to think of. We ask u to stay on the carpet so we can get around need be in Emergency. After those doors close we go to the back one where the sliding wall is. There is no way we can move if people are crowded all over the place. In case of a fire we need to move back to the lobby doors and push the open door button. Hence we ask u stay on the carpet, its for your and my safety.
Learn something everyday. I always thought they just didn't want guest touching things on the shelves.

SilverStyle
07-07-2005, 11:46 AM
Learn something everyday. I always thought they just didn't want guest touching things on the shelves.

well that goes into also, but everything is glued down or either screwed on. People still touch things even if u have them on the carpet.

crazi4dlr
07-07-2005, 12:53 PM

Craig

ROFL!! and I'm always the one off the carpet as it were!!