PDA

View Full Version : Best Part of Any Ride!

LIMANDL4EVA
02-07-2002, 04:34 PM
What is the best part of any ride in the resort?
While were at it, whats the best ride at the resort? (ok 2 are acceptable):D

Uncle Dick
02-07-2002, 06:08 PM
Best moment: Star Tours, right after you're trapped in the Imperial tractor beam. Gives me chills every time.

Best ride: Indy

MouseWife
02-07-2002, 06:12 PM
I have a lot but the first thing that came to mind was the feeling
that I get after riding around on Splash Mountain,
{ enjoying the scenery and singing along} and the excitement has been building, then it turns to fear {why do I ride this ride when I get so scared at this point?!} and then

WAHOOOO!!!

I go through the mist {as my stomach is up in my throat} and then the bottom and the log is just floating back and I gather my self and shake the water off of my hands, put my glasses back on and see just how wet I am.

Whew. And I survived. I love it but whew.

LIMANDL4EVA
02-07-2002, 06:30 PM
best moment, when you dive into the narrow passage way on star tours and go to light speed to escape
best ride : ca screamin and indy

BELLEH5
02-07-2002, 06:46 PM
I like the town being invaded by the pirates in POTC ("carlos don't be cheeken"). Best ride "Its a Small World" :)

Gemini Cricket
02-07-2002, 06:50 PM
My favorite moment has to be the ballroom scene of the Haunted Mansion. There's sooo much going on. It's truly an amazing sight for the first time or any time.:)

Gracy_hm
02-07-2002, 07:09 PM
1)When the Door opens in Indy you see Mara on the backwall and you know this will be the ride of your life.

2)Soarin' when you get to Disneyland I got chills and may have cried :crying:

DisneyFiend
02-07-2002, 07:28 PM
Gracy_hm, I was going to say Soarin' too. I love the part when it first lifts you off the ground. Even though I know what to expect, I still get chills because the ride is so great.

Another favorite part of a ride for me is in space mountain when you've reached the peak and start the ride. I like the sound the music does....it pumps me up, and I get chills.....love it!

Ace
02-07-2002, 07:37 PM
haha yes!!! no one said this one yet! ok...it's Indy's line (I can't leave until he's said this, if it takes 4 times I'll re-ride until he does....)

Tourists!? You had to look, didn't you!?

the minute he says that... ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

LIMANDL4EVA
02-07-2002, 09:55 PM
right when u exit the bridge onto the snake chamber, and the music speeds up, DA DA DA DA! then the tires creech, that always gets me pumped up

MouseWife
02-08-2002, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by Squinky
haha yes!!! no one said this one yet! ok...it's Indy's line (I can't leave until he's said this, if it takes 4 times I'll re-ride until he does....)

Tourists!? You had to look, didn't you!?

the minute he says that... ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

LOL

Yes, that part does make me squeal! I think from that point on I am holding my breath!

innerSpaceman
02-08-2002, 04:02 PM
The drop on Splash Mountain WAS the best before they had that photo flashbulb go off in your face.

So, I will revert to my old favorite - the cavern room on Pirates after the 2nd drop. The sights, the smells. Yum.

pixiepal
02-08-2002, 04:14 PM
The best part:
That last drop on Space Mountain (you know the one); the one where your stomach lands up in your throat.
My fiancee starts screaming bloody murder every time at that point...and that makes it all the more fun!
The best ride:
Haunted Mansion
"...of course there's always MY way!"

:eek:

DisneylandKid
02-09-2002, 08:29 AM
The Best Scene of any Ride: The Bayou on Pirates
The Best Part of any Ride: When you swing around onto the suspension bridge on Indy
The Best Part of any Ride the first time you ride it, but it is still good every other time:: Indy boulder room
the list
goes on...

sugarhigh
02-09-2002, 08:50 AM
best part of a ride... space mountain when you are goingreally really fast.

best ride: i am a geek but i love dumbo. ask bluepearl. that's my favorite ride because it brings up all the good times i had there as a kid. it will probably always be my favorite ride. the movie is adorable and that ride where you're flying pure magic.

MouseWife
02-09-2002, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by sugarhigh
best part of a ride... space mountain when you are goingreally really fast.

best ride: i am a geek but i love dumbo. ask bluepearl. that's my favorite ride because it brings up all the good times i had there as a kid. it will probably always be my favorite ride. the movie is adorable and that ride where you're flying pure magic.

Aw, yes. I remember being a little girl and the anticipation while waiting in line. I love to take my son on it, when we go in early. The feeling while flying around does take me back.

Until he jerks Dumbo up and down and up and down and ew, I get motion sick so easy. :(

MammaSilva
02-09-2002, 09:41 AM
best moment......the very first climb on the Matterhorn when you pass the blinking red eyes and can hear Abominal(SP?) in the distance!

Best ride...tied for Matterhorn and Indy for me...

mad4mky
02-09-2002, 09:59 AM
Best part for me...

On Indy, when you get to the part where they are blowing the "blow darts" at you.
You know its not real...but the effects....the air, the music, the drawings on the walls, the ways the car moves...its cool.

I always get a kick out of that.

And, I have to say. I am not a big Splash person. I particulary don't want to get wet....but, being on that ride...just makes me "happy", I always cheer up and love singing along!!

rexfarms
02-10-2002, 09:41 AM
Great topic.

Originally posted by MouseWife
I have a lot but the first thing that came to mind was the feeling
that I get after riding around on Splash Mountain,
{ enjoying the scenery and singing along} and the excitement has been building, then it turns to fear {why do I ride this ride when I get so scared at this point?!} and then

WAHOOOO!!!

I go through the mist {as my stomach is up in my throat} and then the bottom and the log is just floating back and I gather my self and shake the water off of my hands, put my glasses back on and see just how wet I am.

Whew. And I survived. I love it but whew.

MouseWife, how discriptize.

I think all rides get me to have that magic feeling. But Soarin'.... yeah. lol

MouseWife
02-10-2002, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by rexfarms
Great topic.

MouseWife, how discriptize.

I think all rides get me to have that magic feeling. But Soarin'.... yeah. lol

Was it good?

Yes, most rides do give that feeling that I used to get when I was a young lassie with my Dad.

Splash: My youngest went on the ride with us for the, um, 4th time. He is enjoying the scenery until he remembers the drop.
"Oh why did I ride this ride? Can I get off? I don't want to go down the drop."

A friend of mine actually DID get off. She went wandering around looking for a door or something until a CM found her. I guess they had seen her on a monitor.

blusilva
02-10-2002, 06:30 PM
Best part of any ride: Indy, on the suspension bridge when the explosions are going off and the bridge is swinging and the jeep is lurching and you can feel the compression of the "explosions" on your skin and in your ears and heat from the real fire right there below you.....it is JUST SO FREEKIN' COOL! :D

Best ride: Indy, without a doubt. Others are sentimental favorites, but Indy is the peak of perfection when it comes to attractions.

HTHBellcaptain
02-10-2002, 07:32 PM
It's hard to choose, so I'll just say the things that come off the top of my head. That way I can change them later and agree with everyone else. Being indecisive has it's advantages.

Best moment: Mother rabbit sing to bunnies in a minor key about the dangers of the Laughing Place (Splash Mountain.)

Best Ride: Matterhorn.

TerryTiger
02-11-2002, 09:38 PM
Best moment (tie):

"I'll Save You! I've got a portable hole!" finale - Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin
-or-
Oncoming train/crash/Hell - Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
(this is one of my first memories of Disneyland being frightened believing a REAL TRAIN was coming at me when I was a small child).

Best Ride:

Haunted Mansion (Nightmare Before Christmas makeover proves that this remains one of Disneyland's finest)