PDA

View Full Version : Best time to go to Disneyland in the summer?

CookieBandit
07-06-2005, 11:51 AM
Well, any time is a good time for Disneyland, but if I want to avoid major crowds, what would be my best choices? I can't go during the week so it's only Saturday or Sunday. Should I try for this weekend, the 16th (may be too busy?) or towards the end of July? Or is August better? Although the temperature might get hotter by then...

Personally, I wouldn't mind taking a day off of work to go to DL but the rest of the people I'm going with can't... arg.

tlovesdis
07-06-2005, 12:00 PM
Well, the 16th and 17th will be extremely busy as the 17th is Disneyland's 50th birthday, so if you are not one for crowds I would skip that weekend!

phoenixfire2k5
07-06-2005, 12:06 PM
Well, any time is a good time for Disneyland, but if I want to avoid major crowds, what would be my best choices? I can't go during the week so it's only Saturday or Sunday. Should I try for this weekend, the 16th (may be too busy?) or towards the end of July? Or is August better? Although the temperature might get hotter by then...

Personally, I wouldn't mind taking a day off of work to go to DL but the rest of the people I'm going with can't... arg.

Just about any day of the week that you go, it'll be busy due to the 50th. Especially now with Space Mountain reopening in nine days.

Though they are doing soft openings/previews until that day. Then they'll officially be open. Officially unofficially, they're open. But probably subject to closures.

hlbtimes2
07-06-2005, 12:06 PM
If I had to make a guess, I would say the end of Aug. Some schools will already be back in session by that time, and people should be winding down their summer travels.

Mrs. Newseditor44
07-06-2005, 12:09 PM
If I had to make a guess, I would say the end of Aug. Some schools will already be back in session by that time, and people should be winding down their summer travels.

I agree sometime during the middle or end of August although weekends are always busy. In addition to some schools, colleges also go back in session around that time. I always notice it around that time when I commuted to LA to work, I knew the summer was over when traffic gets worse.

DisneylandRocks29
07-06-2005, 04:18 PM
For future reference, our trip in June wasn't as crowded as it could have been. We went the first week of June, Wed-Fri. Friday was a little bit more crowded. There were grad kids there, so if you can stand teenagers, then it's a good time to go.

Gone2Disneyland
07-06-2005, 06:05 PM

An article I read over at www.o-meon.com supports this, and it makes sense. I'm currently planning a trip with friends too on one of those last two weekends in August. They don't have passports, and we all don't want to take a weekday off work.

Here's the article:
http://www.o-meon.com/pages/geeks_guide/gg_04-05-05.html

coronado_g
07-06-2005, 08:37 PM
I always go thru all sorts of calendar maneuvers also when trying to pick THE best day to go to Disneyland. My strategy is to choose the very beginning or the very end of the month because I figure people have their rent/mortgage payment due and won't want to spend money at DL.

Vegitabeta
07-07-2005, 01:16 AM
Is early August a bad idea?