PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions on what else to do?

Pages : [1] 2

Leash81
07-06-2005, 11:31 AM
Ok we will be there tomorrow and I think we have a good lineup of activities but I wanted the experts opinion too see if we should do anything else.

Thursday: Arrive in the morning and leave bags at hotel. Go to DL. Check-in in the afternoon and take a little break. Fantasmic balcony at 9 pm.

Friday: Universal Studios.

Saturday: Lunch at Blue Bayou at 11:30 (waterside hopefully). Day at DL.

Sunday: Gospel brunch. Day at DCA. Fuddruckers for dinner.

Monday: Breakfast at Carnation Cafe. Day at DL and DCA. Dinner at Hook's Point.

Tuesday: Check out. DL for a few hours. Go home. :crying:

We already decided not to do the 50th tour and have already done the others that would interest us. So anything I am missing?

phoenixfire2k5
07-06-2005, 11:57 AM
Ok we will be there tomorrow and I think we have a good lineup of activities but I wanted the experts opinion too see if we should do anything else.

Thursday: Arrive in the morning and leave bags at hotel. Go to DL. Check-in in the afternoon and take a little break. Fantasmic balcony at 9 pm.

Friday: Universal Studios.

Saturday: Lunch at Blue Bayou at 11:30 (waterside hopefully). Day at DL.

Monday: Breakfast at Carnation Cafe. Day at DL and DCA. Dinner at Hook's Point.

Tuesday: Check out. DL for a few hours. Go home. :crying:

We already decided not to do the 50th tour and have already done the others that would interest us. So anything I am missing?

First of all, skip Fuddruckers. Not many down here. But there is something better. Go to the Block of Orange (use Yahoo maps or Mapquest to find directions from your hotel) and go to the TGI Fridays that is there. Awesome food. At the block, there is also outdoor shopping such as Borders, Virgin Megastore, theaters, Dave & Busters, and a bowling alley. (Which is really cool. Not your typical bowling alley.) If you want another theme park in the area, there is also Knotts Berry Farm and their own water park, Soak City. Any other questions, feel free to ask me. I live in the area. :D

tlovesdis
07-06-2005, 11:59 AM
Be warned that it will take you like 2 hours to get to Universal Studios on a Friday morning! Traffic is horendous! Even if you leave really early!!! Could you possibly change it to Sat or Sunday to avoid the traffic?

Craigster- diver
07-06-2005, 12:00 PM

Can you use "Gospel" and "Fuddrucker" in the same sentence ??? :eek: :eek:

Craigster

phoenixfire2k5
07-06-2005, 12:02 PM
Can you use "Gospel" and "Fuddrucker" in the same sentence ??? :eek: :eek:

Craigster

ROTFL!!!

Mrs. Newseditor44
07-06-2005, 12:15 PM
Be warned that it will take you like 2 hours to get to Universal Studios on a Friday morning! Traffic is horendous! Even if you leave really early!!! Could you possibly change it to Sat or Sunday to avoid the traffic?

Oh boy that commute is horrible and to think I used to do it everyday. Traffic from 6-9 am on I5 is awful but if you leave maybe around 9:30 or later you won't hit that much bad traffic. It should take you no longer than 90 minutes...that includes traffic.

Also Fuddruckers??? EEWWW I say skip that as they are not so good nowadays. Go to the Block in Orange as there's a bunch of restaurants to choose from.

phoenixfire2k5
07-06-2005, 12:21 PM
Oh boy that commute is horrible and to think I used to do it everyday. Traffic from 6-9 am on I5 is awful but if you leave maybe around 9:30 or later you won't hit that much bad traffic. It should take you no longer than 90 minutes...that includes traffic.

Also Fuddruckers??? EEWWW I say skip that as they are not so good nowadays. Go to the Block in Orange as there's a bunch of restaurants to choose from.

Yeah, as I said, the block of orange. :D It is the closest to Disney, outside of Disney. (We all also forgot about Downtown Disney) But if you want something away from Disney for a while, there is the Block of Orange. There is also an El Torito there now that I think of it.

Mrs. Newseditor44
07-06-2005, 12:30 PM
(We all also forgot about Downtown Disney) .

LOL...Of course we forget the obvious :)

The old man
07-06-2005, 01:04 PM
First of all, skip Fuddruckers...go to the TGI Fridays that is there. Awesome food

Certainly agree with skipping Fuddruckers, but TGIF Awesome? My word for it is (for you crossworders) five letters staring with "A" and ending with "L".

I'd rather see you eat at a Ruby's Diner or even better, Pat & Oscar's for great ribs, chicken, greek salad and famous break sticks. Less than six miles from DL also in Orange.

David

rentayenta
07-06-2005, 01:21 PM
I agree with the old man on this one. Fuddrucker's is terrible and so is Friday's. Ruby's is fun and you can find one at the end of just about every pier.

There is also Johnny Reb's in Long Beach- about 15 minutes away- that is terrific. Or Schooner or Later in Belmont Shore right by the water.

Even In n Out is better than Fuddrucker's. ;)

Ooooo, Crab Cooker in Newport Beach- fun and great food!

hlbtimes2
07-06-2005, 01:32 PM
We went to fuddruckers a couple years ago. We had heard great things about it. It was a little to fast food like for my tastes. Maybe lunch worthy, but not dinner. And, if I'm in that area, and looking for fast food I would rather have In n Out.

phoenixfire2k5
07-06-2005, 02:10 PM
Certainly agree with skipping Fuddruckers, but TGIF Awesome? My word for it is (for you crossworders) five letters staring with "A" and ending with "L".

I'd rather see you eat at a Ruby's Diner or even better, Pat & Oscar's for great ribs, chicken, greek salad and famous break sticks. Less than six miles from DL also in Orange.

David

Well, Fridays is awesome in my own opinion. I admit, it can be a bit loud for most people. But I like the food. There is also Johnny Rockets at the Block, and there is a small food area. The closest Rubys to Dland is up Harbor Blvd at Orangethorpe in Fullerton. Go past both the 5 freeway and 91 freeway to reach it. Not far after the 91. There are also two restaurants on the corner of Harbor and Chapman in Garden Grove, right across from Target. One is Joe's Crab Shack and I think the other is Outback Steakhouse, but I'm not confident on the second one. If you go to Euclid and Katella, there is Hometown Buffet next to Food 4 Less. These are the closest that I can think of near Disneyland, though I'm sure that more will come later. And if you're looking to go to In & Out, look foward to a long line both in the drive thru and inside.

phoenixfire2k5
07-06-2005, 02:50 PM
Well, Fridays is awesome in my own opinion. I admit, it can be a bit loud for most people. But I like the food. There is also Johnny Rockets at the Block, and there is a small food area. The closest Rubys to Dland is up Harbor Blvd at Orangethorpe in Fullerton. Go past both the 5 freeway and 91 freeway to reach it. Not far after the 91. There are also two restaurants on the corner of Harbor and Chapman in Garden Grove, right across from Target. One is Joe's Crab Shack and I think the other is Outback Steakhouse, but I'm not confident on the second one. If you go to Euclid and Katella, there is Hometown Buffet next to Food 4 Less. These are the closest that I can think of near Disneyland, though I'm sure that more will come later. And if you're looking to go to In & Out, look foward to a long line both in the drive thru and inside.

I needed to update this, and unfortunatly took to long to edit and was unable to save the changes. So here is the update:

Well, Fridays is awesome in my own opinion. I admit, it can be a bit loud for most people. But I like the food. There is also Johnny Rockets at the Block, and there is a small food area. The closest Rubys to Dland is up Harbor Blvd at Orangethorpe in Fullerton. Go past both the 5 freeway and 91 freeway to reach it. Not far after the 91. There are also two restaurants on the corner of Harbor and Chapman in Garden Grove, right across from Target. One is Joe's Crab Shack and I think the other is Outback Steakhouse, but I'm not confident on the second one. If you go to Euclid and Katella, there is Hometown Buffet next to Food 4 Less. These are the closest that I can think of near Disneyland, though I'm sure that more will come later. And if you're looking to go to In & Out, look foward to a long line both in the drive thru and inside. And too bad there isn't any Pat & Oscars near Disney. The closest ones that I can think of are at the Buena Park Mall, and one near South Coast Plaza on Bristol St. There is also a Red Lobster within the area of that Target on Harbor Blvd. And might I also recommend a good family, home cookin style restaurant near Knotts Berry Farm and the Wax Museum called Po'folks. They also have really good food.

Here is the closest valid address to Disneyland that can be used in a yellow pages search on Yahoo: 1150 W Magic Way Anaheim, CA 92802, the address for the Disneyland Hotel. Use that as the location that you're searching from, and find ANY type of restaurant within the area. :D

Leash81
07-06-2005, 09:29 PM
Thank you all for your food recomendations. Is there anything else anyone can think of?

phoenixfire2k5
07-06-2005, 09:47 PM
Thank you all for your food recomendations. Is there anything else anyone can think of?

The search for restaurants on yahoo is the best way to go! :D

jon80flt
07-07-2005, 06:24 AM
If you are a shopper, you might want to check out the Character Warehouse... just a mile, or so, north on Harbor... in the shopping center on the right... you might find some nice souveniers, cheaper.

Have Fun!! :fez:

The old man
07-07-2005, 07:02 AM
Again I strongly urge you to check out Pat & Oscars less than six miles from the park. Currently it's only a SoCal, western states restaurant so it will be unique.
David

nickbrown2k2
07-07-2005, 07:58 AM
I needed to update this, and unfortunatly took to long to edit and was unable to save the changes. So here is the update:

Well, Fridays is awesome in my own opinion. I admit, it can be a bit loud for most people. But I like the food. There is also Johnny Rockets at the Block, and there is a small food area. The closest Rubys to Dland is up Harbor Blvd at Orangethorpe in Fullerton. Go past both the 5 freeway and 91 freeway to reach it. Not far after the 91. There are also two restaurants on the corner of Harbor and Chapman in Garden Grove, right across from Target. One is Joe's Crab Shack and I think the other is Outback Steakhouse, but I'm not confident on the second one. If you go to Euclid and Katella, there is Hometown Buffet next to Food 4 Less. These are the closest that I can think of near Disneyland, though I'm sure that more will come later. And if you're looking to go to In & Out, look foward to a long line both in the drive thru and inside. And too bad there isn't any Pat & Oscars near Disney. The closest ones that I can think of are at the Buena Park Mall, and one near South Coast Plaza on Bristol St. There is also a Red Lobster within the area of that Target on Harbor Blvd. And might I also recommend a good family, home cookin style restaurant near Knotts Berry Farm and the Wax Museum called Po'folks. They also have really good food.

Here is the closest valid address to Disneyland that can be used in a yellow pages search on Yahoo: 1150 W Magic Way Anaheim, CA 92802, the address for the Disneyland Hotel. Use that as the location that you're searching from, and find ANY type of restaurant within the area. :D

I agree...both Ruby's and Johnny Rockets are better options...Just curious, where is there a Fuddruckers in Anaheim/Orange? Last time I saw one was in San Diego. I remember of course because everyone laughs when they see the name (or just myself and my immature brother.)

--Nick

nursemelis374
07-07-2005, 08:05 AM
I love Mimi's that is just across the street from the park. Good food, large portions, and good prices! The buttermilk spice muffin is delicious!

phoenixfire2k5
07-07-2005, 09:31 AM
I agree...both Ruby's and Johnny Rockets are better options...Just curious, where is there a Fuddruckers in Anaheim/Orange? Last time I saw one was in San Diego. I remember of course because everyone laughs when they see the name (or just myself and my immature brother.)

--Nick

There is a Fuddruckers on Beach Blvd in Buena Park/Stanton just north of the 91 freeway. Few blocks north of the Hollywood Wax Museum and Knotts Berry Farm. After doing a search for one, that is the only one in Orange County.

shawnarae
07-07-2005, 10:25 AM
Is there still a Shakey's Pizza in Anaheim? In highschool (10 years ago) I went there while visiting Disneyland. It ws fun. Food was ok...but the Kareoke was just a blast with friends!!!

phoenixfire2k5
07-07-2005, 10:28 AM
Is there still a Shakey's Pizza in Anaheim? In highschool (10 years ago) I went there while visiting Disneyland. It ws fun. Food was ok...but the Kareoke was just a blast with friends!!!

Sorry, most of the Shakeys down here have gone out of business. As far as Orange County is concerned, there is a Shakeys in Garden Grove, Brea, Costa Mesa, and Santa Ana.

Hawaiian Cinderella
07-07-2005, 10:39 AM
I love Mimi's that is just across the street from the park. Good food, large portions, and good prices! The buttermilk spice muffin is delicious!

I'll have to agree.....everytime we're at disney we eat here more than once...they will even pack your food for take out...too bad, no mimi's in hawaii.

penguin66
07-07-2005, 11:35 AM
Claim Jumper by Knotts is also a good place to go.

phoenixfire2k5
07-07-2005, 11:41 AM
Claim Jumper by Knotts is also a good place to go.

They are good, but there other Claim Jumpers closer than the one by Knotts. But if one wants seafood, just go down the street to either Red Lobster or Joes Crab Shack on Harbor Blvd.

And to the person who mentioned Pat & Oscars. I do second that. Their breadsticks are VERY addicting. And as soon as you walk in the door and are looking at the menu, they give you a free sample of their breadsticks. They serve pasta, chicken, ribs, pizza, salad, and sandwiches along with their breadsticks for those that wonder whats on their menu.

Just thinkin about that bread again is making my mouth water.