PDA

View Full Version : Trip Planning - How busy is the last week of March?

MatterhornMom
07-06-2005, 11:00 AM
Hi there!

My family and I just made the trip to DLR over fourth of July weekend and absolutely fell in love with the park. As we only had 2.5 days at the park, we clearly didn't get a chance to see and experience everything we wanted to. So, we're planning another visit soon, and had been considering heading out during DD's spring break from school (March 26th through the 31st). How bad are the crowds during that part of the year - at least, how do they compare to fourth of July weekend?

By the way, this board is absolutely great! I lurked here for several weeks while planning our recent trip, and the tips I found here saved us SO much time and money. I hope to stick around for a while!

tlovesdis
07-06-2005, 11:57 AM
Spring Break is pretty busy, but I don't think as busy as the 4th. Be warned that there may be cheerleading competitions going on and if so the park will be over run with loud, screaming, teenagers! I was there once and it drove me crazy as they would do loud cheers while waiting in line for rides!

julia
07-06-2005, 03:44 PM
Hi,

The spring break time is just starting in late March. It won't be as crowded as it will be in April, it will be manageable if you use FastPasses, taking a break in the afternoons, getting dining reservations.

Maybe you can go a week or two earlier, then, stay home during your actual spring break week? Or, go in May when spring break is over and school is almost out for the summer. Prices are good in January-early February and then, again in May.

Good luck!
Julia

nickbrown2k2
07-07-2005, 07:54 AM
Howdy!

That depends on what day Easter falls next year. This year it was March 27, and on March 26...it was very busy! Especially at DCA, which is pretty unusual. And like other's are mentioning, spring breaks down here are staggered. Therefore, school could still be out.

My $0.02.

--Nick

Hawaiian Cinderella
07-07-2005, 10:45 AM
In Hawaii our spring break is that very week and we plan to be there :p :fez: during that time. My cousin's wife's family is planning a large family reunion at dl during that time too. This year we were there during spring break and being that Easter was early, it was crowded but very manageable. In fact one of the days that we were there we were surprised that it wasn't very crowded at all.

shawnarae
07-07-2005, 10:59 AM
Las Vegas schools have April 7-16th off (that Friday they techinically get off after school) for Spring Break.