PDA

View Full Version : Lockers in DL/DCA

AlbertaMinnie
07-06-2005, 04:46 AM
Hey Everyone, I need your advice. How safe are the lockers you rent in DL/DCA? Has there ever been any reported theft from them? I want to take my video camera with me, for things like the parade etc, however, I don't want to carry it around ALL day, EVERY day. Is it safe to leave it in the lockers? We've never before used the lockers....yup, that was us....hunched over, carrying heavy backpacks full of munchies and water! But not this time, I'm renting a locker each day!!! Oh yeah, and how much are they? Are there enough lockers - is it a scramble to get one? Thanks for your help!!

sdfilmcritic
07-06-2005, 04:53 AM
I've never had a problem with the lockers before. They are now operated with a six digit pass code system. Only the people within your group should have access to the numeric code which is printed on a reciept when you go to rent the locker. A new code is automatically generated by a computer every day for each one of the lockers so no one gets the same code on the same day (or even within the same week or month for that matter). I wouldn't be concerned if I were you.

bljfour
07-06-2005, 07:23 AM
Hey Everyone, I need your advice. How safe are the lockers you rent in DL/DCA? Has there ever been any reported theft from them? I want to take my video camera with me, for things like the parade etc, however, I don't want to carry it around ALL day, EVERY day. Is it safe to leave it in the lockers? We've never before used the lockers....yup, that was us....hunched over, carrying heavy backpacks full of munchies and water! But not this time, I'm renting a locker each day!!! Oh yeah, and how much are they? Are there enough lockers - is it a scramble to get one? Thanks for your help!!

I leave my relatively expensive digital camera in the lockers at Disneyland all the time and I never worry about it. The large locker is $6 for the entire day while the smaller locker is $5. The rental points accept cash and credit cards, which is very convienent. I have found that lockers in Disneyland are usually available until mid-afternoon even on the busiest days.

phoenixfire2k5
07-06-2005, 12:26 PM
They should be safe. It is better to leave them there than in your car. The Mickey & Friends parking structure had recently experienced some burglaries. Though Anaheim PD had caught the suspect, there is no telling if there are any others or copycats. The lockers go fast though, so get them early. Gone are the days where you carried a little orange key around.

DisneylandRocks29
07-06-2005, 03:53 PM
We used the lockers this last time that we went in June, and they were wonderful. From what I experienced, they're very safe, and it really takes a load off your back. The lockers tend to go fast, so I would try to reserve one early in the day. Also, if the lockers, for some reason don't work out for you, there are some stores around both parks that will hold your souvenirs for you. The Newstand, and Greetings from California will hold them, but I can't remember the other places. If you ask, they'll tell you where.

AlbertaMinnie
07-07-2005, 05:42 AM
Gotcha! Locker - Early - Credit Card Perhaps I'll send the rest of my group off to collect FP's while I rent a locker. Thanks for all your help! :)

lasekeye
07-07-2005, 07:27 AM
Where and how do I get a locker? I think it will be the handiest thing!!

bljfour
07-07-2005, 07:34 AM
Where and how do I get a locker? I think it will be the handiest thing!!

The lockers in Disneyland are located on half-way up Main Street on the right. You get a locker by going to an available rental point inside (they look like ATMs) and following the on-screen directions. There are also lockers outside Disneyland to the left of the entrance. DCA also has lockers located to right almost as soon as you enter the main entrance.

RobRoz
07-07-2005, 03:54 PM
I leave my relatively expensive digital camera in the lockers at Disneyland all the time and I never worry about it.
Well I forgot to take out my relatively expensive camera from a locker. Got back to the Hotel and my wife said " Ok , let's see the pics " .."gulp" Ummm , I forgot to take tha Camera out of the locker..lol Of course it's no problem.. next day went back to Disney and over to lost and found.. show ticket... and is this your Camera, Sir ? I guess the point I am making is that, even if you forget something in your locker,there is no problem getting it back from lost and found. ;)

TrekkieDad
07-07-2005, 05:24 PM
There are a few lockers near GRR in DCA that are free for the first two hours of use. It's a good place to stow things you don't want to get wet on the ride.

AlbertaMinnie
07-07-2005, 06:26 PM
Well I forgot to take out my relatively expensive camera from a locker. Got back to the Hotel and my wife said " Ok , let's see the pics " .."gulp" Ummm , I forgot to take tha Camera out of the locker..lol Of course it's no problem.. next day went back to Disney and over to lost and found.. show ticket... and is this your Camera, Sir ? I guess the point I am making is that, even if you forget something in your locker,there is no problem getting it back from lost and found. ;)

Wow, are you lucky!!! But at the same time, I'm not surprised. It's all part of the service/magic of Disney!!

And thanks TrekkieDad - I did not know those lockers by GRR existed! That's great information to have and if we can save a few steps by not having to run back to our locker by the main gates that will really help! Also, then I don't have to look ridiculous by stuffing our cameras under my shirt/jacket in order to protect them. I just hope that we get through the line before we have to start paying on the locker!!

Stupid_American
07-07-2005, 07:22 PM
There are a few lockers near GRR in DCA that are free for the first two hours of use. It's a good place to stow things you don't want to get wet on the ride.

Just curious, how does this work?
Do they require the fee and refund if you return to the machine?

TimBuk2
07-07-2005, 08:43 PM
The $6 dollar locker was well worth. And will be on July 17th, get em' early. The one between the parks is good too 'cause then you don't have to exit/enter another park just to get to the lockers.

TrekkieDad
07-08-2005, 06:08 AM
Just curious, how does this work?
Do they require the fee and refund if you return to the machine?
No, but I suspect you would have to pay before opening the locker if you went overtime.

You start at a touch screen. It tells you which locker, unlocks it and gives you a receipt with a passcode. When you are ready to retrieve your belongings, you go back to the touch screen and enter your passcode to open the locker. I presume that's when you would have to pay if you went overtime.

That's the best I can remember, as I've only done it once.

Stupid_American
07-08-2005, 06:15 AM
thanks

oshida
07-08-2005, 10:42 AM
The lockers in Disneyland are located on half-way up Main Street on the right. You get a locker by going to an available rental point inside (they look like ATMs) and following the on-screen directions. There are also lockers outside Disneyland to the left of the entrance. DCA also has lockers located to right almost as soon as you enter the main entrance.

issn't there lockers by the fantsyland theater to?

phoenixfire2k5
07-08-2005, 10:49 AM
issn't there lockers by the fantsyland theater to?

There used to be, not sure if they are still there anymore being that I hardly go in that area anymore.

oshida
07-08-2005, 10:51 AM
There used to be, not sure if they are still there anymore being that I hardly go in that area anymore.
oh i thought i saw some when i went their a cople months ago

phoenixfire2k5
07-08-2005, 10:54 AM
oh i thought i saw some when i went their a cople months ago

They might be there still, I just don't remember if they are or not. Probably are.