PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Disney View?

gerry
07-05-2005, 07:53 PM
Hi Everyone,

We'll be staying at the Grand Californian Hotel in October. We will have a Downtown Disney view. Is this a good view? What are the experiences of those who have had a DDview? Thanks.

downingfamily1
07-05-2005, 08:06 PM
I have stayed at the GC with a Downtown Disney view a couple of times and will also be there in October. I think you will enjoy the view, we have always been happy with it.
-Julie

tlovesdis
07-05-2005, 08:08 PM
We had a DTD view a few years ago and loved it! It was nice to come back to the room and sit out on the patio with a snack and a drink and listen to the live music. The really great thing was that once you go inside and close the sliding door you can't hear any noise!

We had a view looking out to the Naples, Build-A-Bear area. we were right above the entrance from DTD.

bassett1976
07-05-2005, 08:12 PM
Just make sure that you don't have the room over Jamba Juice. It was very noisy and all you could hear is the bass from the radio inside the store...

10-97
07-05-2005, 08:21 PM
I agree with tlovesdis. We once had a DTD view, and everybody liked it. You had your choice of sitting on the balcony and enjoying the sights and sounds, or closing the sliding door for peace and quiet.

With the sliding door closed, the only think I could hear in the evening was the amplified sound from the street musician just below us. And that might have been a unique quirk due to his speaker placement; others have said they couldn't hear the street music during their visit. I believe the musicians have a 10 pm curfew.

I'm sure you'll have fun in October.

biolabetty
07-05-2005, 09:00 PM
Be careful, we learned that a DTD view can also include a great view of the tram drop off area. It was right over the World of Disney Store, and was not what I was hoping for. We have had a view 2 times over Quiksilver, that was a much better location, at least we could hear the violin player. :)

Disney Vault
07-05-2005, 09:19 PM
Just make sure that you don't have the room over Jamba Juice. It was very noisy and all you could hear is the bass from the radio inside the store...
We had the room right above Jamba Juice and never heard any noise. I was there last December. Have things changed since then or maybe we always left for the parks before the music was on.

And I loved the DTD view. Because honestly who doesn't love to people watch :D

bassett1976
07-05-2005, 09:47 PM
We had the room right above Jamba Juice and never heard any noise.

Wierd, all we could hear was the bass cords of the music. Maybe we had another room. Luckily they moved us to another room and we LOVED our view of the theme park. We were just hoping to get a quiet room.

The old man
07-06-2005, 09:55 AM
I had a more similiar experience to Bassett's. We were at the DL Hotel and there is a band, in DTD, that plays way TOO LOUD. The bass pounded through our room. We usually try to relax and have our child take a nap in the afternoon and it made no difference if our sliding patio door was open or closed. It was way TOO LOUD.

This appears to be a symptom of our new world. Loud music everywhere. Stores, gas stations, restaurants, not to mention boom cars, all are pumping the hits at us. I guess most people like it or they wouldn't do it.

David