PDA

View Full Version : Trip report with LOTS of pictures

sami869
07-05-2005, 07:19 PM
My little brother, mom and aunt all have birthdays right around the same time as mine. So we went down to Disneyland (along with my boyfriend and my mom's girlfriend) for two days to celebrate. The day before my boyfriend and I drove down from San Jose and everyone else drove down from Sacramento. We stayed in a penthouse at the Best Value Inn (in Orange, not the one in Anaheim) and everyone loved it. We had 2 bedrooms, a livingroom, 2 bathrooms and a full kitchen. The best part is it only cost the same as getting a normal room at any of the hotels closer to Disneyland.

Day 1:
Pictures: http://www.livejournal.com/users/j9photos/20554.html
My mom and little brother both usually sleep in until noon on days off. Miraculously I was able to get everyone out of bed, ready to go, down to the contenintal breakfast and off to the park before California Adventure even opened. We grapped fastpasses for Soarin and then waited with the mob to get over to Tower of Terror once it opened. My mom doesn't like thrill rides but somehow thinks she can handle TOT. After we're already buckled in on the ride she comes to her senses and asks to get off. Which is good because I knew she would have hated it and that's no way to start the day. Luckily everyone else liked it. After that we wanted to do something that mom could do with us so we saw the Muppet's 3d movie. As usual, it gave me and my little brother the worst headache. Then we got fastpasses for California Screamin, got fastpasses for GRR and used our fastpasses for Soarin. My mom is terrified of heights so I had to practically beg her to go on it. It ended up being her favorite ride. After some free tortillas, It's Tough to be a Bug and a ride on the Chew Chew train it was time to use our Screamin fastpasses. Then we jumped on Grizzle River Run, which was realyl nice since it was such a hot day. After that my little brother dragged us all around the Fort thing for almost an hour. We were all getting pretty hungry by this point so we headed over to Downtown Disney to eat at the Rainforest Cafe. Once we were done with that we to Disneyland. It was so crowed. Mom really wanted to see the firework show, no one else did. None of us thought it could be worth dealing with all those people that were smooshed together on mainstreet. But we did it anyway and were pleasantly surprised. We then hopped on Winnie the Pooh, Pirates of the Carribean, the Haunted Mansion and BTMR. It was amzing how short the lines were compared to how many people were in the park. I guess everyone was either heading back to thier hotel early or watching Fantasmic.

Day 2:
pictures: http://www.livejournal.com/users/j9photos/20778.html
Not so much of an early morning today. Everyone was still exhausted from the night before so I ran down to the lobby and brought breakfast back for everyone. It was even mor hot and crowded than the day before. We still managed to go on Star Tours, Splash Mt, Tarzan's Treehouse, Jungle Cruise, Pirates again, Matterhorn, Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters, Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin and a couple rides in Fantasy land. We also ran around taking lots of goofy pictures in Toontown and search for the golden vehicles.

Overall we had a good time. We weren't able to do everything we wanted but I knew that would happen if we went during summer. The only really bad thing was the ride home. They closed the freeway because there was an accident and we were stuck for 4 hours straight. After that I'll never complain about hour long lines again. :)

Hakuna Makarla
07-05-2005, 08:26 PM
Awsome pictures!! what kind of camera? man I loved every picture!!!

and your hair is blue :)

sami869
07-05-2005, 08:33 PM
Awsome pictures!! what kind of camera? man I loved every picture!!!

and your hair is blue :)
Thanks. It's a Fujifilm FinePix? I know nothing about digital cameras and I miss my "real" camera dearly. And yes, my hair was very blue. I figured I had a week off from my strict office job so I might as well fully enjoy it, with blue hair. :D

Shortiemetoo
07-05-2005, 08:58 PM
Woo hoo!!! Great trip report and awesome pictures!! thanks for sharing!!

wotruba-disney
07-05-2005, 10:01 PM
Awesome pictures! Really made me excited!! We were there eight weeks ago and return in 48 hours. Thank you for the trouble posting the pictures, That was very kind!

PirateSmile
07-05-2005, 11:51 PM
I love your pictures! {and your hair!}

sami869
07-06-2005, 02:07 PM
Thanks to all of you for your compliments. :)

Awesome pictures! Really made me excited!! We were there eight weeks ago and return in 48 hours. Thank you for the trouble posting the pictures, That was very kind!
I hope you have a great trip!

Disney4Me
07-09-2005, 12:47 PM
Thanks to all of you for your compliments. :)

I hope you have a great trip!

I really enjoyed your pictures. Lots of great closeups. We don't get to come until Oct 9th. I am enjoying a pretrip via looking at everyone elses trip though. :fez:

CrazyMouse
07-09-2005, 12:53 PM
Can't wait to go in August, i promise to have a long detailed trip report and lots and lots of pictures. I want to go now!

Nancy
07-09-2005, 04:15 PM
Oh boy,the old lego man is back sleeping on the bench again!!!!We love that guy. Great pictures!! :)

mattsmomma
07-09-2005, 04:39 PM
How fun! Great pics thanks for sharing!