PDA

View Full Version : Chances of getting Grizzy Mountain View at the CGH

CrazyMouse
07-05-2005, 04:57 PM
I am staying at the Disneyland Resort at the Grand Californian hotel in August. I have the Theme park view, I just called Disneyland today and I requested for the Grizzy Mountain view. I was wondering if anyone knows the chances of me getting the view. I really want this view because it would be great to look at this after waking up in the morning and eating breakfast on the balcony with my girlfriend. Thanks everyone. :)

CoasterChickie
07-05-2005, 05:05 PM
I am staying at the Disneyland Resort at the Grand Californian hotel in August. I have the Theme park view, I just called Disneyland today and I requested for the Grizzy Mountain view. I was wondering if anyone knows the chances of me getting the view. I really want this view because it would be great to look at this after waking up in the morning and eating breakfast on the balcony with my girlfriend. Thanks everyone. :)

Generally , the earlier you check in at any of the DLR hotels the better. Your room may not be ready at the time you check in but at least you can make your request. Also, sometimes if you call the night before, the CM can tell you if you've ben assigned to a room with the type of view you requested, but not the actual room number.

CrazyMouse
07-05-2005, 05:46 PM
anyone else?

CoasterChickie
07-05-2005, 05:49 PM
anyone else?

What? You don't like my answer? :mad: ;) :D

Come on, someone besides me help the guy out with some info!! :D

SCUBAbe
07-05-2005, 06:00 PM
don't they all face grizzly mountain if they are theme park views?

pisces
07-05-2005, 06:01 PM
I worked at a hotel, years and years ago. I've never heard of calling the night before to have a particular room held.

Typically, they'll hold a particular room, once they have the guest in front of them, at check-in.......not before. ----No matter how early, so showing up earlier could work.

That being said, I think you increase your chances if you are flexible about bed type. If you'll take two queens, that opens up more possibilities.

It seemed to me that the Sun Wheel rooms were the most popular of the theme park views since it lights up at night.

I don't remember if Grizzly Peak glows in the dark, or lights up or not.

CrazyMouse
07-05-2005, 06:09 PM
What? You don't like my answer? :mad: ;) :D

Come on, someone besides me help the guy out with some info!! :D
Of course i did, and thank you very much, just wanna get more answers that's it. Thanks CoasterChickie!

CrazyMouse
07-05-2005, 06:30 PM
Do all theme park views for the grand californian hotel come with balconys? thanks everyone. :)

10-97
07-05-2005, 06:31 PM
I agree with CoasterChickie. If you already have a reservation for a theme-park view, checking in early is the best way to get your choice. The last time we stayed at GCH and requested a theme-park view, we arrived at 8:00 am, and were assigned a room overlooking GRR. It was great.

The other theme-park views look out over PP and the hotel pools, and I bet they would also be nice.

CrazyMouse
07-05-2005, 06:51 PM
I agree with CoasterChickie. If you already have a reservation for a theme-park view, checking in early is the best way to get your choice. The last time we stayed at GCH and requested a theme-park view, we arrived at 8:00 am, and were assigned a room overlooking GRR. It was great.

The other theme-park views look out over PP and the hotel pools, and I bet they would also be nice.

Nice, i think i will check in early then.

CoasterChickie
07-05-2005, 06:56 PM
Of course i did, and thank you very much, just wanna get more answers that's it. Thanks CoasterChickie!

That's fine. I'm just teasing you! :)

I've only stayed at the GCH once. We had two rooms. One was way down at the end of the building right above the Soaring Over California building. That was a cool view. The other room was above the lobby and had a view of Disneyland Drive...not quite as exciting as the theme park view , but very pretty. Plus a lot closer to the lobby!!

Hope you the view you want!!

PS Pisces, I don't want to contradict you but I heard directly from a CM here at the board to call the night before to see if they had our rooms assigned because we wanted very specific ones at the DLH when we went for MA. The CM I called was very nice and very helpful. Maybe you are right about most hotels and this is something they only do at the DLR hotels. :)

gothemi
07-06-2005, 10:15 AM
Crazymouse. let me know how that works out for you. I am staying there during X-mas and I want the same room view.

CrazyMouse
07-06-2005, 11:44 AM
Crazymouse. let me know how that works out for you. I am staying there during X-mas and I want the same room view.

no problem i will message you!

Mrs. Newseditor44
07-06-2005, 11:55 AM
Since you have already requested a theme park view there's not much you cana do until just before you arrive and when you arrive. My husband and I have been able to change the views of our hotel rooms at many other chains w/o a problem. Disney hotels shouldn't be much different unless they are really booked to the point they have NO rooms left. I suggest you do call them the day before like one person already suggested and double-check.