PDA

View Full Version : Medieval Times Questions

kimc0486
07-05-2005, 03:02 PM
I've searched through the past forums on Medieval Times Restaurant/show thing but couldn't find anything out about the food. What kind of food is it, like a menu ordering system or everyone gets the same thing? Is it worth the almost $50? We were thinking of going there after a day at soak city. Is the show even cool? Thanks!!

iceman559
07-05-2005, 03:24 PM
I've searched through the past forums on Medieval Times Restaurant/show thing but couldn't find anything out about the food. What kind of food is it, like a menu ordering system or everyone gets the same thing? Is it worth the almost $50? We were thinking of going there after a day at soak city. Is the show even cool? Thanks!!

everyone gets the same food. unless they ahve changed it, it is a good soup first, then chicken. It's really very good. you also get coffee and water. At least, tahts how it was the last two times I went. It really is worth the $50. We always enjoy it.

Darkbeer
07-05-2005, 03:45 PM
http://www.medievaltimes.com/

If you go to locations, and select Southern California, you will get a page that shows the menu, and has a $4 off printable coupon.

Shortiemetoo
07-05-2005, 06:10 PM
I went with my daughter in Jan. for the first time...it was a lot of fun! Actually how much fun you have is all relative to how much you participate!! We were sitting next to a family with a boy who said he was 11 I think. He looked bored out of his mind at first...but my daughter and I were really enjoying ourselves and really got into it!! Well about 1/2 way through the show our knight gave a flower to my daughter and the boy next to me started cheering and yelling because it made my daughter so happy!! It was really cute because by the end our section was the loudest and most enthusiastic...even though we had the bad knight...lol :eek:

tlovesdis
07-05-2005, 08:12 PM
My DH and I always go to MT when we make a trip to Disneyland! We love it! Last time we were there we had soup, chicken, ribs, a potato, pizza bread, and apple tart thing for dessert. You also get beer or soda.

Sandiegoboy
07-06-2005, 02:16 AM
I love it.
I liked it better before they had the nets though.

Forbin
07-06-2005, 09:16 AM
Nets? You mean the ones they put up before the big jousting fight?

Well I think having a piece of LANCE in my soup probably changed their mind...hehe

kimc0486
07-06-2005, 07:42 PM
Thanks for all your advice! I think we'll be going. I know there are like $4 off coupons around, does anyone know of any other better deal? Gracias!

Sandiegoboy
07-07-2005, 03:15 AM
yes, I know they used to lower the net right before the last battles, but last two times I went the nets were down the entire time.
They seriously mess up my vision, I like it so much better with a clear view.

By the way, anyone know anything about the pirate show that is taking over the wild bills place?

kimc0486
07-07-2005, 10:00 AM
By the way, anyone know anything about the pirate show that is taking over the wild bills place?[/QUOTE]

I went on an official OC website and they had something about the pirate show, says its supposed to open late summer 05, then I was on the convention site (I think) that said late fall 05. So who knows, but its coming. :D

Crazy4DL
07-07-2005, 11:38 AM
My family really enjoys Medieval Times. We have done it several times over the last 15 years and plan to do it again this summer when we are down to DL. We have lots of young boys (my grandsons) coming with us and they will LOVE it. They are totally into swords (play ;) ) and shields and such right now. One of them is even appropriately named Lance. :D

I agree with the other posters - the meal is very good.

If your birthday is the month you are going you can have a free dinner if you are with three others who are paying full price. This is working in our favor in August as two of my family are having b-days that month, so 2 free dinners. We have a large group of family coming so plenty of us buying the dinner to allow for this.

MrsPooh
07-07-2005, 01:44 PM
Add me to the group that loves it. Mr. Pooh and Piglet totally get into it, and even I enjoy it and I am not into that kind of thing.

The food is good, and I think the portions are pretty substantial. The show is totally worth it.

I say GO!