PDA

View Full Version : Supermarket near Disneyland?

Camthalio
07-05-2005, 01:53 PM
Is there a supermarket near Disneyland we can walk to? We donīt have a car because we will travel from Germany by plain. We want to buy something to drink, some snacks or even something for breakfast to have in our hotel room (Paradise Pier Hotel). I think it will be much cheaper than buying all that things in Disneyland?! :confused:

kristen
07-05-2005, 02:05 PM
I'm sorry, i don't know, but that would be awesome...though it seems that disneyland probably wouldn't like somewhere so cheap being so close...lol...but it is next to a residential area....hmm....sorry...

Mrs. Newseditor44
07-05-2005, 02:18 PM
Within walking distance there are no grocery stores near Disneyland. There is a 7-11 which is a convenience store at the SE end of of California Adventure off property. There is also a Target that has EVERYTHING that is no more than 2 miles walking distance (I think) on the corner of Harbor and Katella.

kimc0486
07-05-2005, 02:35 PM
There is a Food-4-Less grocery store on Katella somewhere. I'm pretty sure if you find the lcoation (sorry I cant say for sure) you can hop on ART or even take a cab for a couple of bucks to get to it. But when I was there last (a year ago) I saw it and we didn't have a car either, so it was close. Hope this helps a little. Maybe try searching on google or something to find more options. The Target has snacks, but enough for breakfast/snacks in parks but not enough for a substantial meal.

Actually here's a link I found
http://laokay.com/Markets_oc.htm

CoasterChickie
07-05-2005, 02:39 PM
Where are you staying? The Target is right across the street from some of the big hotels.

phoenixfire2k5
07-05-2005, 02:59 PM
Is there a supermarket near Disneyland we can walk to? We donīt have a car because we will travel from Germany by plain. We want to buy something to drink, some snacks or even something for breakfast to have in our hotel room (Paradise Pier Hotel). I think it will be much cheaper than buying all that things in Disneyland?! :confused:

There is a Food 4 Less on Katella and Euclid. There is also a Vons on Haster and Chapman. Go to the yellow pages on Yahoo, and you can search for the nearest grocery stores with the address of the hotel you're staying at.

Andrew
07-05-2005, 03:04 PM
The nearest Target is on Harbor at Chapman (http://www.google.com/local?hl=en&lr=&q=target+stores&near=Garden+Grove,+CA&sa=X&oi=locald&radius=0.0&latlng=33773889,-117940556,7540902064142215949)--not walking distance, but only about a five minute drive.

phillyorig
07-05-2005, 03:09 PM
There also is a Ralphs(which is Kroger) at Chapman and Euclid.

Vons is Safeway and if you have any of their sister saving cards, you can use it at Vons, via your phone number

Darkbeer
07-05-2005, 03:43 PM
The Food 4 Less on Katella is the closest Supermarket to the DLR (Food4Less is run by Ralphs/Kroger in Southern California, other Food4Less locations in Northern California and 7 other states are operated by a different company.)

It is about a mile west of the DLR on Katella.

Some folks have walked to it.

http://www.food4less1.com/

Camthalio
07-05-2005, 04:33 PM
we will travel from Germany by plain :D a mistake! i mean plane of course!

Malcon10t
07-05-2005, 10:51 PM
Is there a supermarket near Disneyland we can walk to? We donīt have a car because we will travel from Germany by plain. We want to buy something to drink, some snacks or even something for breakfast to have in our hotel room (Paradise Pier Hotel). I think it will be much cheaper than buying all that things in Disneyland?! :confused:Taxi to Food 4 Less shouldn't be more than $5 each way.

PirateSmile
07-05-2005, 11:47 PM
Yeah, I'd go for the Target nearby. There's also a 7-11 about a block away from the Candy Cane Inn, and across from that hotel is also one of those little convenient store strips.