PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Pier Hotel? For an anniversary? Help me decide...

socaltexan02
07-05-2005, 09:52 AM
My husband and I are planning a quick 1-night get-away for our 5th anniversary. (We are in Orange County.) This is sort of a last min. thing, (as in - less than a week) and we're exploring our options. We were looking at beach hotels, etc. - but everything was SO pricey. (Unfortunately our budget doesn't always support our taste. :) ) Anyway...I can get an internet rate of $119 at PP...I was thinking we could go and enjoy rides at DL/DCA that we never have (b/c we are always w/ our 3 yr. old and 1 yr. old), eat at one (or 2) of the nicer/sit-down restaurants, etc. But, I don't know if PP says "romantic anniversary getaway". I was just looking for opinions. I've heard you can see the fireworks from their roof-top pool, too....true?

TIA for any feedback you can give me!

Tink56
07-05-2005, 10:40 AM
I think PPH would be great for an anniversary getaway...we love that hotel! Be sure to request a king bed (if that's what you want ;) because they don't have a lot of rooms with kings and be sure to mention that it is your anniversary so they put that in the reservation which should help with getting a nice room.
If you are booking through Expedia or something like that - just call the hotel after you make your reservation and ask them to add your request to your reservation.
After you've bookedm call Vacation Planning (complimentary service for guests of Disney properties) and see what they can do to help make your visit special. Everyone in VP is great and they have lots of good ideas. They can also make all your dining reservations.
Have a wonderful time!

CoasterChickie
07-05-2005, 10:43 AM
I say "Go for it!!" It is a darling hotel with a really fun Disney/ beachy theme. The pool, jacuzzi and waterslide are quite nice. Also, they pipe in the music during the fireworks show. The special entrance into DCA for PPH guests is no longer open , but you can cross the street , go through the GCH lobby and use their special entrance.

Whatever you decide, Happy Anniversary!!

PS $119 is a great rate!!! :)

AcuraTL
07-05-2005, 12:48 PM
PPH is a great hotel. We stayed there with our 2 young kids several times and it is well worth the money. We always book through Expedia also and here is a little trick that always work for us. When you check-in, request to have a park view room if one is available. Unless the hotel is all booked up, they will always give it to you with no additional charge. Good luck and have fun.