PDA

View Full Version : My 2/6 visit to Disneyland

PinkFloyd
02-07-2002, 11:01 AM
My boyfriend and I took a quick trip down to Disneyland for my birthday yesterday. Overall we had a good time, I'd like to share a few of my experiences starting with postive ones:

1. Many of the CMs we encountered (with the exceptions below)were much friendlier and responsive than those from our Nov. trip
2. I got to ride the Columbia
3. Great weather and very small crowds
4. I was able to enjoy a Dole Whip as the Tiki bar was open
5. Since it was my birthday, my boyfriend did not moan and groan when I wanted to go into nearly every shop

Negative Points:

1. As mentioned above, most CMs we encountered were great, and it wasn't unitl the end of our day that we dealt with poor ones; two CMs at the Newsstand were very unfriendly and were obviously were not enjoying thier jobs; upon exiting the CM at the turnstyles literally yelled as us because she thought we were trying to get out by way of the stroler exit when in fact were were opening the gate for a mother!

2. The Mint Julep bar was closed and I didn't realize this until after we ate lunch at the Blue Bayou, so I was denied the pleasure of my favorite Dland treat.

3. My boyfriend wouldn't go on ISW with me

4. Fantasyland did not have its normal magical feel with the hundreds of feet of blue tarp surounding it, but I realize that it is nescissary as the area is in need of some repair.

5. Speaking of tarps, I know that HM was to be closed on the day of my visit, but not being able to ride it was a let down nontheless!

Thank you for letting me share my day with all of you!

EandCDad
02-07-2002, 05:21 PM
Thanks for your report. Good to hear about a fun trip to DL with all that entails. Is your bf Syd Barrett?