PDA

View Full Version : Want a FREE DL Guided Tour, here is how!

Pages : [1] 2

Darkbeer
07-04-2005, 11:57 AM
http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/635375 (http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/635375)

Read the captions...

But basically complete all three in-park VMK quests, and get all the right answers...

Then get a FREE 3 hour (approximate) Guided Tour, which includes being backdoored on 5 attractions.

Also get a lot of inside info about VMK, like...

Frontierland is scheduled to go live in December 2005, and will featured two new games, one based on Big Thunder, and the other on the Haunted Mansion.

This is an awesome freebee, almost as good as the free food at the ESPN Zone.

SCUBAbe
07-04-2005, 12:07 PM
how long are they doing this for? I'm so doing this next weekend, if they still have it.....:)

Darkbeer
07-04-2005, 12:09 PM
The back of the reservation card says thru December 31st, 2005.

Make sure and do this early, as space is limited....

SCUBAbe
07-04-2005, 12:19 PM
The back of the reservation card says thru December 31st, 2005.

Make sure and do this early, as space is limited....

will do..thanks:)

Stupid_American
07-04-2005, 12:25 PM
The only shortcoming is that you'll usually have book and return another day.
Not bad if you're a local passholder, but tough on tourists.

The tour is a lot of fun.
We got "front-of-the-line" boarding on BTMRR, Huanted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Disneyland RR and a "backdoor" entrance to Innovations.

There are contests to win more virtual stuff, VMK tips and other general Disneyland tips.

And yes, you'll be the envy of all the Kingdom!

Darkbeer
07-04-2005, 12:39 PM
We booked at Noon yesterday, and got on the 5 PM tour the same day.

Colin
07-04-2005, 12:41 PM
No fair! Wish they were doing that whilst I was on resort
And I wish Paris would do VMK :P

All these Wishes :P

spacemountain85
07-04-2005, 01:31 PM
This is awesome, thanks for the heads up! Is there any way to bail out on the tour before having to sit through the VMK timeshare presentation at the end?

jennia
07-04-2005, 01:33 PM
THanks for the updated info. When we were at DLR Friday we got the passes for the tour but could not sign up for the tour that same day. You could sign up for a next day tour but not out any farther than one day out. There were also only 2 tours per day (as of Friday) cool to know they added one. We are hoping to go on the tour next week.

Stupid_American
07-04-2005, 01:43 PM
This is awesome, thanks for the heads up! Is there any way to bail out on the tour before having to sit through the VMK timeshare presentation at the end?

Funny thing is that the tour does end with a VMK presentation, mostly for those not familiar with the online game.

jennia
07-04-2005, 01:50 PM
Just wanted to add that my son **loved** the pictures!! He is very anxious to go on the tour and the pics just made him more anxious. He wants all those goodies (codes) from the Haunted Mansion quest.

jennia
07-04-2005, 01:52 PM
I wish Paris would do VMK

Someone else who went on the VMK tour mentioned (on a VMK fan site) that eventually all the parks would have VMK. Hopefully she's right and you'll get VMK in Paris soon! :D

Colin
07-04-2005, 02:18 PM
Well they do say Wishes come true ;)

I'll cross my fingers, it'd be very cool! Do you think they'll eventually charge for VMK like Toontown online?

C°o°lin

Darkbeer
07-04-2005, 02:30 PM
Well they do say Wishes come true ;)

I'll cross my fingers, it'd be very cool! Do you think they'll eventually charge for VMK like Toontown online?

C°o°lin

I doubt it, but you might see certain "premium" areas that will require an additional fee..... But first thing they need to do is make it a popular site first......

Wendi
07-04-2005, 02:50 PM
Cool! Thanks for the heads-up... maybe I'll be able to do this in November!

jennia
07-04-2005, 02:58 PM
Colin, I **hope** that they don't outright charge for the VMK game. The May 1 LA Times had an article about VMK. It explained that VMK was going to be used to lure in the younger set who are hooked on video games. If that is the mentality then VMK will make $$ by getting people to the parks and hooking the next generation on Disney parks.

They also have a money making mechanism built in already. There are 6 cards/ codes that you can get with a purchase at the Disney parks.
1/6 is a Fantasyland Magic Mirror. You have to make a purchase at the Main Street Magic shop to get this card. Of course, my sone wants it. :D
2/6 is a Happiest Clebration on Earth Pin. You get this virtual pin with the purchase of any real life pin *only* at Astro Blasters store in Tomorrowland.
3/6 is the Golden Mickey Ears. To get this you purchase Golden Mickey Ears in real life at the park.
4/6 is a retro Mickey Tshirt. You get this one only with the purchase of a Tshirt at the Star Trader.
5/6 is a REtro Disneyland Penny Press. Another item on my son's wish list. You get this by purchasing candy at Pooh's Corner in Critter Country.
6/6 Wanted poster- only available at WDW and I don't know what you buy in order to get it.

There are also Kellogg's cereals with VMK pirate magic codes but I have yet to find these in a store.

I'm sure that Disney is testing the waters to see how many real life purchases they can get people to make because they (or their kids) play VMK. I really hope it stays free though. :D

Viva La Disney
07-04-2005, 05:32 PM
I won this tour. It was pretty cool. I liked it when we went on BTMRR because all of our wristbands glowed. It was neat.

AlbertaMinnie
07-05-2005, 05:20 AM
Thanks for the info! Wow, that does sound like a great deal!!!!! My daughter has been playing VMK and we leave for the park next week - I'm really looking forward to it!

My computer wouldn't allow me to see Darkbeers photos up close, what are the questions like? Is it easy to complete the quests sucessfully? Our first day will be July 18, so I think we will try this on the first day, so that hopefully we can get on a tour before our trip is over! Do they give you more than one chance to get the answers correctly?

Stupid_American
07-05-2005, 06:06 AM
Some of the questions are a little tricky, even with the clues.
Sometimes cast members will help you if you appear to be trying to find the answers.
One of the "correct" Adventureland answers is even wrong; it was created by an Brit that had different names for birds (VMK tour trivia).

Darkbeer
07-05-2005, 06:41 AM
Some of the questions are a little tricky, even with the clues.
Sometimes cast members will help you if you appear to be trying to find the answers.
One of the "correct" Adventureland answers is even wrong; it was created by an Brit that had different names for birds (VMK tour trivia).

NO, it is correct, I got a photo of the bird, and it is what the correct answer is!

The worse question is the last one for Critter Country, they use the term "Brer", but as for ALL wooden animals, not just the Song of the South Characters... so look over at the wooden animals near Pooh!:fez:

jennia
07-05-2005, 08:35 AM
My computer wouldn't allow me to see Darkbeers photos up close, what are the questions like? Is it easy to complete the quests sucessfully? Our first day will be July 18, so I think we will try this on the first day, so that hopefully we can get on a tour before our trip is over! Do they give you more than one chance to get the answers correctly?

The questions are tricky enough that we had to go through the park and look for the answers even though we've been APers for several years. The quest itself is FUN! I thought the questions were clever.

I think it depends onthe CM at the VMK booth and if they can tell you walked the Park looking for answers. The first 2 times my son turned in Quests, he had just guessed at answers and the CMs didn't prompt him at all with help. After we had gone through the Park with the quests and had the *correct* answers on all but one question in the Adventureland Quest, the CM gave my son some hints so he could get that last answer he needed. :D

Stupid_American
07-05-2005, 08:45 AM
NO, it is correct, I got a photo of the bird, and it is what the correct answer is!

The worse question is the last one for Critter Country, they use the term "Brer", but as for ALL wooden animals, not just the Song of the South Characters... so look over at the wooden animals near Pooh!:fez:
I'll try to find Laura, our VMK tour guide, and correct her.

According to her uninformed sources, the person, from the UK, that came up with that question, and answer, saw the bird, and percieved it as a vulture.
Fortunately, "tucan" was included on the card, simply as another incorrect option.
Later, when it was realized that vulture was incorrect, they decided that tucan would be close enough to the hornbill that actually exists.
How about a little Disneyland ornithological trivia!

There's also some debate about the Bigfoot dates.

The worse question is the last one for Critter Country, they use the term "Brer", but as for ALL wooden animals, not just the Song of the South Characters... so look over at the wooden animals near Pooh!
It's location was the hard part.
That, and the fact that the arm was broken off!

BQ2
07-05-2005, 09:28 PM
I did the in park quests and took the vip tour, last week. Perhaps my best day at Disneyland so far. I highly recommend it :) :cool: :D
Bq2 or Bill or forwalt on VMK

hbquikcomjamesl
07-06-2005, 12:52 PM
What's a VMK?

Stupid_American
07-06-2005, 01:41 PM
What's a VMK?
Virtual Magic Kingdom

Check out VMK.com (http://www.vmk.com) .
Inside Disneyland, there's a kiosk with quest cards to complete to win virtual stuff.