PDA

View Full Version : Mad Tea Party - Olszewski piece

cstephens
07-03-2005, 10:03 PM
FYI for anyone who was planning to get the Olszewski piece of the Mad Tea Party that's being released on July 16, the July 16 release date is only for attendees of the 50th event. Non-attendees of the event will be able to order the piece online through disneydirect.com. Apparently, there will be some kind of announcement posted there (don't know when) indicating a window of dates during which orders can be placed. Orders placed during that time will include the first day of release plaque, even though the pieces themselves won't be shipped until October, to the person's home. After that date, the piece will eventually be for sale at Disneyana, sans the plaque. This info is from a CM who works at Disneyana and who's been there for a while, as far as I remember, so I trust the information she gave.

I'm a bit surprised that this is being handled that way, and I'm figuring many people are going to be upset about it, but I thought I'd just get the info out there. Thanks.

Alex S.
07-04-2005, 11:18 AM
Didn't the Art & Collectibles brochure (http://www.register123.com/event/profile/web/index.cfm?PKwebID=0x2145237e3) always list this as part of the event?

cstephens
07-05-2005, 10:06 AM
Didn't the Art & Collectibles brochure (http://www.register123.com/event/profile/web/index.cfm?PKwebID=0x2145237e3) always list this as part of the event?

That event attendees would have first shot at open edition merchandise, including this piece, yes. That you *had* to be an event attendee to even order this piece for July 16, no. At the last two releases for Olszewski pieces, they've said that the Mad Tea Party would be released on July 16, but at the hotel rather than Disneyana. There was no indication that other than a change in venue, there was going to be any difference in the release of this piece than any of the other pieces, and certainly nothing about the piece only being available that day to event attendees. Heck, even in the MP DLR update events listing, the release of this piece is listed the same as the release of the other pieces, including the September piece releases. You'd never know that if you weren't attending the event, you couldn't buy the piece that day. Oh, and btw, the Main Street train isn't being released on July 16, as indicated on the MP DLR events listing. It's been moved, supposedly to the September 10 merchandise release.