PDA

View Full Version : Star Tours 2

ToursbabeC3po
07-03-2005, 09:28 PM
Being a total Star Wars Nerd I am very interested when the "New Star Tours" will be put into WDW or Disneyland. I have talked to a few of my friends from Star Tours and they have told me that it is in the very near future but WDW will get it first. I also came across a Web site a while ago that has had some more info put on it as of April 2005. If this site has been posted I apologies but I am so excited!!!!! http://www.wdwmagic.com/star.htm
Toursbabe

sdfilmcritic
07-03-2005, 09:29 PM
Of course WDW will get it first. :rolleyes: In any case I do hope DLR does not get overlooked.

ToursbabeC3po
07-03-2005, 09:37 PM
I know ALOT of Disneyland cast members have a problem with WDW getting most of the funding for new or improved attractions. You would think the original park would be first priority. Not only is it the original we have a bigger repeat visitor ratio. Which means a harder to please guest population. I have to admit, although I loved WDW when I was their several times, everything seemed better on the outside of the rides and the ques. But the inside of the rides of Disneyland are much better kept up. Also the guest service is better. But that is my own opinion ;)
Toursbabe

Disney Vault
07-03-2005, 09:51 PM
If WDW gets it first that means they have to work the development into the budget. So it will be cheaper for DL to build and they can spend the extra money on other things in the parks.

ToursbabeC3po
07-03-2005, 09:57 PM
I never thought of it that way that is a good point but it still would be nice to see Disneyland get something first :)
Toursbabe

coronado_g
07-03-2005, 10:08 PM
Yea, a Star Tours 2 would be sooo great at DL. Wonder how many years we have to wait - 5?

Viva La Disney
07-03-2005, 10:41 PM
Of course WDW will get it first. :rolleyes: In any case I do hope DLR does not get overlooked.

Yup, I would be happy if DLR gets it at all :rolleyes: ...

sdfilmcritic
07-03-2005, 10:47 PM
Yup, I would be happy if DLR gets it at all :rolleyes: ...I'm happy that the Lagoon is finally getting some overdue attention. :D

Viva La Disney
07-03-2005, 10:51 PM
I'm happy that the Lagoon is finally getting some overdue attention. :D

Yup. When I was in line for the Monorail I looked through one of the little flaps. I'm so exited! :D

sdfilmcritic
07-03-2005, 10:55 PM
It's a sure sign that Tomorrowland has some hope for recovery.

tod
07-04-2005, 07:34 AM
Of course WDW will get it first. :rolleyes:

Just like the "new, improved" Tiki Room show, which was never brought to Disneyland, and I'm okay with that.

--t

Alex S.
07-04-2005, 09:01 AM
Just as a point of institutional pride, we did report it:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr050425.htm

uvsc_wolverine
07-04-2005, 09:17 AM
If WDW gets it first it means that they'll also be able to work out most of the kinks before we get it at DLR. I was also thinking that if they find any problems in the WDW version they'd be able to fix it for DLR.

Disney Vault
07-04-2005, 10:02 AM
Just like the "new, improved" Tiki Room show, which was never brought to Disneyland, and I'm okay with that.

--t
Very good point there too. Sometimes updates don't go so well. Also the new stitch's great excape. So what if the new star tours isn't so good. Then we will be glad to still have the original.

sdfilmcritic
07-04-2005, 02:09 PM
I'm still mad that they didn't recreate the Alien Encounter at DLR. I wanted to experience that, but didn't want pay the airfare to go to Florida just for that. Now it's gone from WDW all together. :(

heidiwhr
07-04-2005, 03:03 PM
Yea, a Star Tours 2 would be sooo great at DL. Wonder how many years we have to wait - 5?
I have a very close CM friend at Star Tours - I'm told the updated version will appear in 2007 for the 20th anniversary of the ride. I didn't hear if WDW would get it first, but 2007 was the date given.

nsyncitnd1787
07-04-2005, 06:52 PM
it would be nice if we got ST2 first. but if we get it after WDW, maybe we'll get the better version. like we did with Buzz. maybe better effects etc. so maybe we'll get Star Tours v. 2.1