PDA

View Full Version : You "Adults" are so annoying

Pages : [1] 2

BWthespian
07-03-2005, 06:45 PM
When I Went To Disneyland A Couple Days Ago,to Just See The Fireworks, We Had What I Thought To Be A Very Good Spot And Just Stood There For Like Half An Hour,patiently Waiting, The Fireworks Start, Ok And Every One Gets Up And Rushes Forward At The Last Second,there Should Be A Rule Restricting Ppl From Putting Children On There Shoulders,which Literally Everyone Did,and To Those With Digital Cameras,take Photos Of The Castle "before The Show" Everyone Else Had There Arm Outstretched And Some Lady Makes Me Move To And I Qoute "a Better Shot" Ughhh Old People These Days

nsyncitnd1787
07-03-2005, 07:06 PM
there Should Be A Rule Restricting Ppl From Putting Children On There Shoulders

i know what you mean. i think a rule against it is a little harsh though. maybe more like a restricted area just for that purpose. that has happened to me so many times, it's not even funny. i hate it when that happens. i think that an area would be better than it being against the rules.

SCUBAbe
07-03-2005, 07:08 PM
When I Went To Disneyland A Couple Days Ago,to Just See The Fireworks, We Had What I Thought To Be A Very Good Spot And Just Stood There For Like Half An Hour,patiently Waiting, The Fireworks Start, Ok And Every One Gets Up And Rushes Forward At The Last Second,there Should Be A Rule Restricting Ppl From Putting Children On There Shoulders,which Literally Everyone Did,and To Those With Digital Cameras,take Photos Of The Castle "before The Show" Everyone Else Had There Arm Outstretched And Some Lady Makes Me Move To And I Qoute "a Better Shot" Ughhh Old People These Days

there's a whole thread about shoulder sitting in the parenting section. Yeah like sucks. Try waiting over an hour and have the same thing happen. thankfully I was on a curb and the 6ft+ guy was of to one side of me. the kids on the shoulder suck big time, but apparently the parents are to weak to hold their child on their hip during the show and it important that their kids see even if nobody else behind them can. Most people find it rude, but parents with young kids see nothing wrong with it. We must learn to agree to disagree on this one. As for cameras....how big can they be? I know they may be distracting, but seriously they are pretty small these days.

jedimatt
07-03-2005, 07:11 PM
there's a whole thread about shoulder sitting in the parenting section. Yeah like sucks. Try waiting over an hour and have the same thing happen. thankfully I was on a curb and the 6ft+ guy was of to one side of me. the kids on the shoulder suck big time, but apparently the parents are to weak to hold their child on their hip during the show and it important that their kids see even if nobody else behind them can. Most people find it rude, but parents with young kids see nothing wrong with it. We must learn to agree to disagree on this one. As for cameras....how big can they be? I know they may be distracting, but seriously they are pretty small these days.

Well holding them at the hip is much smarter then having them sit on the railling of rivers of america , thats always fun to see who the bad parents are.

SCUBAbe
07-03-2005, 07:13 PM
Well holding them at the hip is much smarter then having them sit on the railling of rivers of america , thats always fun to see who the bad parents are.

do they fall in....LOL...I admit I have an evil side, but after having a father shoulder sit his child for an entire show, he went walkign down main street with the kid still on his shoulders. He cut me off to get ahead of me and then plowed his childs head right into on awning on mainstreet. i admit I was LMAO...the child was not hurt badly...no blood...probably a bump on the head, but thats the dangers of shoulder sitting....

phoenixfire2k5
07-03-2005, 07:14 PM
Yeah, I can see this thread getting moved pretty soon.

adriennek
07-03-2005, 07:22 PM
If anyone has a problem with this thread, you may click the "report this post" icon, PM a moderator, or send an e-mail to a moderator. So far, my e-mail and pm boxes are empty...

Meanwhile, I'll be watching carefully. Obviously. Considering adults are 18 to 100, I would think that we have a fair shot at annoying youngin's.

Adrienne

dsnyredhead
07-03-2005, 07:34 PM
. Most people find it rude, but parents with young kids see nothing wrong with it. We must learn to agree to disagree on this one.

Depends on the parent. I have an 18 month old. We hold him in our arms and hate it when people put kids on their shoulders so we can't see.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
07-03-2005, 07:59 PM
Forget the kids on the shoulders, how about really really tall people stepping in front of you during the parades and fireworks. I'm an average size woman and I have had men and women well over 6 feet tall walk up from behind me and step right in front. When we saw the new fireworks in May about midway through a family all over 6 feet girls included pushed up from the back and camped out right in front of me and my little girl (who I was holding in my arms so she could see the show).

phoenixfire2k5
07-03-2005, 08:05 PM
If anyone has a problem with this thread, you may click the "report this post" icon, PM a moderator, or send an e-mail to a moderator. So far, my e-mail and pm boxes are empty...

Meanwhile, I'll be watching carefully. Obviously. Considering adults are 18 to 100, I would think that we have a fair shot at annoying youngin's.

Adrienne

So far, no problem Adrienne. I just said what I said because this issue has been talked into the ground already. Being that there is already a posting about this issue, that this one might be moved.

febee114
07-03-2005, 08:24 PM
Forget the kids on the shoulders, how about really really tall people stepping in front of you during the parades and fireworks. I'm an average size woman and I have had men and women well over 6 feet tall walk up from behind me and step right in front. When we saw the new fireworks in May about midway through a family all over 6 feet girls included pushed up from the back and camped out right in front of me and my little girl (who I was holding in my arms so she could see the show).

so if the people weren't tall it would be okay.....some people can't help that they are tall.

SCUBAbe
07-03-2005, 08:31 PM
so if the people weren't tall it would be okay.....some people can't help that they are tall.

yes...very true, but they can be considerate about it and not stand in front of shorter people who were waiting for an hour for the show and they squeezed their way in 15-20 min before the show and right in front of people who waited ...thats just in considerate and rude and then to plop kids on their shoulders on top of it...well....I think you get the point.

nsyncitnd1787
07-03-2005, 08:58 PM

i'm prety tall for a girl (5'9") and so if i'm standing waiting for the fireworks or parades, i always look behind me and see if there's someone i'm blocking the view of. especially little kids. i always hated it when i couldn't see, so i make sure i'm not the one ruining someone's day (especially a little kid's).

Osky
07-03-2005, 09:23 PM
I have a two year old and a four year old. The only time I put them on my shoulders is when there is now way that someone could possibly be behind me (up against a wall), or when I am so far back that I cannot see from my vantage point. At six foot tall, if I cannot see myself, I don't think it is a big deal to put the kids on my shoulders because no one behind me would be able to see either. In this case, the kids can enjoy even though we are too far back for me to enjoy. I don't think I would ever put them on my shoulders up front. I chose to hold them with their heads at the level of my head. Also, if someone shorter than me is right behind me, I usually let them swap with me. They have to be several inches shorter though. ;)

Barbossa
07-03-2005, 09:52 PM

It sounds like you don't like amusement parks that actually have people there.

You might want to try Legoland, in February, on a Wednesday.

coronado_g
07-03-2005, 10:02 PM
Personally, I sometimes wish I had someone to lift me up - being that I'm only 5 feet tall - at times it can be difficult to see. But to avoid problems, I usually station myself near kids who are about 8-10 years old and that way we're all the same height. Even though I have no children, I can understand why a parent would want to lift their child up to see fireworks.

Hakuna Makarla
07-03-2005, 10:04 PM
You "Adults" are so annoying

oh please,!! There is nothing more anoying then teen ages in packs, teen agers being rude, obnoxious, and teen ages in general. ( unelss you are zeros bark and sally, they are just cool!!

cstephens
07-03-2005, 10:19 PM
I was a really annoying adult on Friday late afternoon. I was having so much fun on Space - I was screaming and cheering during both parts of our double ride. I figure the younger people in front of me would have been able to hear me during the ride, but I couldn't help it!

BWthespian
07-04-2005, 12:04 AM
welll i go alone,so im never an obnoxious teen

PirateSmile
07-04-2005, 01:40 AM
You "Adults" are so annoying

oh please,!! There is nothing more anoying then teen ages in packs, teen agers being rude, obnoxious, and teen ages in general. ( unelss you are zeros bark and sally, they are just cool!!

Awww...:(. There are a lot of teenagers who aren't like that. Don't let the majority fool you!

Hakuna Makarla
07-04-2005, 05:18 AM
Awww...:(. There are a lot of teenagers who aren't like that. Don't let the majority fool you!

I know, I was tired last night and stayed up 3 hours past my bed time. So you see adults can be anoying :) Just have us stay up past our bed time and we get cranky. I am to old to go to bed past 10:00 :rolleyes:

HorizonsA
07-04-2005, 07:08 AM
I agree on the kid being on the shoulders. My mom and I were finally able to get a spot right in front of the Castle. Well, it was good and all but there was this Mexican family whose child was screaming and crying and throwing a hissy fit. He even kicked his mom in the face, the brat. Anyway, when the fireworks started, of course the dad puts him on his shoulders and now I can't see anything. And let me tell you this kid stank! Throughout the whole performance, he kept putting his hands in his pants. I would've been furious if he pulled something out.

There should also be a no talking rule. At that same spot there were a few university guys who talked the whole time. When Julie Andrews announced her name, they booed. Ok, you don't boo Julie Andrews. These college guys obviously haven't grown up.

GrumpyUTboi
07-04-2005, 07:47 AM
Hey BWthespian,

Watch the "old people" and "adult" shots. For one thing not all "old people" are annoying and tall. I am 5'4" and my wife is 5'1" and our kids don't have a shot to grow much taller than that. With that being said, being an "old short person" I have developed a syndrome over the years what I call "Napoleon's Syndrome". I wouldn't expect you to really know who Napoleon was, but suffice to say, he was a short man that angry that he was so short, so he took over much of the world with his armies.

I have had to get a little nasty with inconsiderate individuals that push their way in front of us, but as with everything in life there are people like that and you can either stand back and let people do that to you or you can respectfully impose your will upon those that are less considerate. Say something, do something to rectify the situation are learn to deal with it.

AlbertaMinnie
07-04-2005, 11:08 AM
There are good adults and bad adults......just like teenagers you HAVE to admit! I think with the crowds in DLR we are just going to have to accept there are bound to be ignorant people within that crowd. (too bad we can't weed them out at the gates!) I am trying to do my part by teaching my kids to be considerate of others. Really, isn't that all we can do!? Don't let the evil people win by taking away our Disney Magic - no bad feelings in the Happiest Place on Earth!!!! lol

SCUBAbe
07-04-2005, 11:22 AM
There are good adults and bad adults.....

along the same line of though,,,IMO..bad/annoying teenagers grow up to be the bad/annoying adults you see...:eek:...maybe not all of them, but it happens more often than not. Now I know some teenager do stuff they are not proud of and occasionally act up/blow of steam in public...I'm not talking about those ones..:)