PDA

View Full Version : Autopia Fastpass Wait Times

HydroGuy
07-03-2005, 04:36 PM
We went to DL two summers ago and when we used the Autopia FP, the FP merge point was way back in line and it seemed we waited for 25-30 minutes to get on. Is the merge point still the same?

h_lehmann
07-03-2005, 04:47 PM
I've ridden Autopia several times in the past 9 months or so, and the wait times, with a fast pass, have been about 10-15 minutes. They've certainly gone down since the new Autopia opened a few years back.

jennia
07-03-2005, 08:49 PM
We usually grab a Fast Pass and then send my son plus a friend on Autopia alone. (DH and I have mobility issues and DS is the one who LOVES the ride so this works well for us.) I'm not sure if the merge point is the same or not because of that.

In our visits the last few months we've found that some times there is a big crowd at Autopia and other times the kids were told that the regular wait line was so short that they ought to hold on to their Fast Passes. Even on the same day the wait time seems to vary widely.

When we send DS on the ride with Fast Pass he usually gets off the ride about 25-30 minutes later. So the wait time has been shorter than 25-30 minutes because the actual ride takes 10 minutes or so I'd guess. I hope that helps.

lisap
07-03-2005, 09:16 PM
I think it all depends on how many car lanes are open at the particular time you try the ride--we always check before getting in the queue...FP or not. It's never a good idea to get in line at Autopia with only one or two lanes open. :|

HydroGuy
07-04-2005, 08:21 AM
Two summers ago they merged in the FP people up in the covered back and forth area (what are those cattle guides called?). We skipped the bridge part. But after we got in line at the back and forth place, I remember it took nearly 30 minutes to get on the ride. It was evening (9PM?) and the standby time was something like 60 minutes. It appeared they were going at full capacity. I thought they should merge the FP people further forward, but it did not appear the queue design permitted that.

Darkbeer
07-04-2005, 08:37 AM
Yesterday, at 4:25 PM, the FP return time was 5:40 PM, and Stand-By was 70 minutes...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/634562/13/27021864/Large

Wendi
07-04-2005, 09:00 AM
I don't like having to walk so far when there is no line... I don't especially want to see the little Chevron car videos thankyouverymuch. Why can't they just let us take a shortcut???

Darkbeer
07-04-2005, 09:25 AM
I don't like having to walk so far when there is no line... I don't especially want to see the little Chevron car videos thankyouverymuch. Why can't they just let us take a shortcut???

Because Chevron paid big bucks to help upgrade the attraction, and one of the rules is that you "MUST" see the Chevron Car Videos before you ride....

No shortcuts until Chevron's sponsorship ends, which is 2009.....:eek:

scaeagles
07-04-2005, 09:45 AM
What I really hate about Autopia isn't the long walk or the seemingly long wait even with fast passes - it's trying to ride it in the morning.

I finally learned my lesson after doing this a couple of times - we'd get to DL when the gates opened, and head toward Fantasyland with the kids, rides Peter Pan, Dumbo, Matterhorn, etc. Then we'd head over to Autopia, maybe 45 minutes after opening.

The problem is that for the first hour and a hlaf DL is opened, they only have one lane of cars open. This means that if the line is 200 people long at that point, it's like waiting behind 800 others when all four lanes are open. Early in the morning no other ride has capacity cut to 1/4 of what it can be.

So my advice - get factpasses and wait until the afternoon - don't ride it in the morning or you will be incredibly frustrated!

EandCDad
07-04-2005, 06:40 PM
Is the merge point still the same?

Yes, the merge point is still the same.

kohl
07-04-2005, 06:55 PM
What I really hate about Autopia isn't the long walk or the seemingly long wait even with fast passes - it's trying to ride it in the morning.

I finally learned my lesson after doing this a couple of times - we'd get to DL when the gates opened, and head toward Fantasyland with the kids, rides Peter Pan, Dumbo, Matterhorn, etc. Then we'd head over to Autopia, maybe 45 minutes after opening.

The problem is that for the first hour and a hlaf DL is opened, they only have one lane of cars open. This means that if the line is 200 people long at that point, it's like waiting behind 800 others when all four lanes are open. Early in the morning no other ride has capacity cut to 1/4 of what it can be.

So my advice - get factpasses and wait until the afternoon - don't ride it in the morning or you will be incredibly frustrated!

We learned the same thing! We thought if we went first thing it wouldn't be so bad. Boy were we wrong! :eek:

DisneylandRocks29
07-06-2005, 04:09 PM
When we went in the first week of June, the stand by line was about 70 minutes. When we got fast passes, it seemed to me like we were waiting around 15-20 minutes (which is a good deal compared to 70).