PDA

View Full Version : Fab Four in Tomorrowland

drjones
07-02-2005, 11:38 PM
Friday as I was waiting in line at the VMK kiosk the bandstand at tomorrowland Terrace (sorry, i refuse to call it anything else) start to rise and it's the beatles!!! the Fab Four actually, t but they may as well have been the beatles, looked like them, sounded like them. I guess i wasn't the only one that thought so, bucause soon, the crowd there was HUGE. Now mind you, I have been going to Disneyland for 33 years, regularly, and I have never seen such a crown in front of that stage, not even for the Elvis guy (who also ruled).
I mean the place was packed and the girls screaming. I wanted to stay, but megan wanted to go on DUMBO. Alas, we only stood for 4 songs, but as we rounded the matterhorn and the melody faded into the crowd, i smiled, because between that, and space mountain being open and the VMK thing. Plus Buzz, there was that certain .... energy...... back at tomorrowland. Even though, it still needs work, (peoplemover and subs), tomorowland is once again.... kinetic.

sdfilmcritic
07-03-2005, 12:26 AM
Did you hear the one McCartney guy do Yesterday? That one blows me away!

evrythngwmn
07-03-2005, 12:26 AM
The Fab Four pulls in a great crowd. We lost them for awhile because they had a steady gig at one of the bigger hotels in Vegas (can't remember which one).

Andrew
07-03-2005, 12:58 AM
Great to hear the Fab Four are back! I hope to see them when we're in town for The Birthday.

TikiGeek
07-03-2005, 01:58 AM
Nice to hear that TL is somewhat electric again. :)

Stupid_American
07-03-2005, 06:03 AM
Did you hear the one McCartney guy do Yesterday? That one blows me away!

Although they do amazing harmonies, IMHO, "Yesterday" missed the spot.
I guess if I were harmonizing with "Paul", it might have sounded better to me.
;)

Stupid_American
07-03-2005, 06:06 AM
The Fab Four pulls in a great crowd. We lost them for awhile because they had a steady gig at one of the bigger hotels in Vegas (can't remember which one).
Hurry to see them; I believe they're only at the park over the 4th.

sdfilmcritic
07-03-2005, 07:04 AM
It's awesome to see they have a seperate act for every major phase the Beatles went through. From the Beatlemania days to Sgt Pepper's and all that great stuff.

nursemelis374
07-03-2005, 08:47 AM
I am so excited to hear they were there. I love them! We used to always watch them in Tomorowland and the last time I saw them was on New Year's Eve in DCA, which was a lot of fun. I think my parents might go see them at the Aladdin if they are there in August.

I like the way they do their entire act, like they are really them.

Gone2Disneyland
07-03-2005, 10:50 AM

Really!? Thanks for the tip. Guess I'll have to visit the park again by tomorrow. Oh, well. ;) I was at the park on Saturday and noticed the sign, but I must've strolled thru TL during their break. And they're not listed in the event guide (just checked). Thanks again.

EandCDad
07-03-2005, 10:58 AM

The Hilton. I thought about seeing them when I was there for work, but tickets were $33, so I skipped it.

Mox
07-03-2005, 03:21 PM
They said they would be the first two weekends in August as well.

They used to do three sets each with costumes to reflect the different phases of their career, but this weekend they are only doing two sets a night. I missed the first set last night, but I assume it was the usual Beatlemania set where they wear the black suits. The second set was extended, starting out with the Sgt. Pepper costumes. About midway through the set John disappears to go change. The stage drops so the rest of the guys can change and John re-appears and makes a brief speech about John Lennon before he plays Imagine. Then the stage rises as the rest of the band accompanies John. As a result, they don't get to play as many songs as they used to in past appearances, but it's still a pretty good show.

OhanasRules
07-07-2005, 02:28 PM
Hi all. First time poster, long time reader

When I saw the Fab 4 last week, I saw a lot of video cameras out there. Tell me that you were one of those people who taped both sets!

I'd love to get a copy of this. I'll be more than happy to pay for shipping or material costs.

Thx