PDA

View Full Version : ? about AP discount for GCH

snoopyfan
07-02-2005, 03:10 PM
I don't have an AP but my friend does. We're planning to go to DL in mid October for 3 days. When is the best time to find out about a discount on a DLR hotel, preferably the GCH? Should we wait till the last minute or try periodically for the best price? We plan on going mid-week, not the weekend. We are soo excited about going and we'd love to stay on property, but we're not rich either!! Any advice from you experts? Thanks!!

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
07-02-2005, 03:14 PM
I don't have an AP but my friend does. We're planning to go to DL in mid October for 3 days. When is the best time to find out about a discount on a DLR hotel, preferably the GCH? Should we wait till the last minute or try periodically for the best price? We plan on going mid-week, not the weekend. We are soo excited about going and we'd love to stay on property, but we're not rich either!! Any advice from you experts? Thanks!!

Call frequently and ask if there is an AP rate available for the nights you will be staying. At this time, the AP rates are only listed through the beginning of September. But sometimes you will get lucky and a CM will qoute you and (better still, book your room) at the AP rate a few days before its actual release.

Zigen
07-02-2005, 05:28 PM
A trick I've learned about disney hotels is that you should book now to make sure you have a room, but within a week or 2 before you go, check the prices again to see if they have gone down. You can cancel within 72 hours before your reservations or maybe its a week... Dont remember for sure. Anyhows I've saved a lot of money doing this (once saved 80 bucks a night at DLH). Sometimes it goes down, sometimes it doesnt but my exprience shows it going down more than not...