PDA

View Full Version : Turtle Talk Soft Opening

bassett1976
07-02-2005, 02:39 PM
My wife and I got to see the soft opening for Turtle Talk today. Since we've seen the WDW version, we were very happy to walk by and see that they were opened today.

It's a really great show and different than the WDW version. If someone is willing to tell me how to make a spoiler tag I will post about the new show later tonight.

Thanks!

coronado_g
07-02-2005, 02:41 PM
Spoil me! I wanna hear every detail, please.

kristen
07-02-2005, 02:48 PM
I saw it, too! It was great! Very cute and great for the whole family--even teens will think it's cute...

bassett1976
07-02-2005, 05:48 PM
testing

bassett1976
07-02-2005, 05:59 PM
We had about a 10 minute wait to see the show at about 11:30 am today. The room is nicer than the WDW version and has cushioned seats in the room. The screen is about as wide as the WDW version. After a few minutes Crush came out and said his hellos.

First, Crush asked us some questions and called people out by their "shell" color and the basic location they were seated in the room.

He then went over some vocabulary that every turtle knows. Basically, how many different ways you can say Dude...

He had a time where he allowed people to ask questions. Crush gave some interesting information about Turtles. Like: Did you know that Turtles lay eggs on the beach. The eggs that are placed on a hot part of the beach turn out to be all girls and then the eggs that are placed on the cold part of the beach turn out to be all boys. "That's why boys are totally cool and girls are totally hot." Crush also teaches us that a turtle can swim up to 35 miles an hour. (Not sure if these are actually true)

After a few minutes we notice a fish swimming by slowly. It's Dory. She swims by 2 or 3 times before Crush says anything to her. She then calls him "Flush: and says hello to everyone. Then she teaches the group how to speak whale, specifically how to say hello. Then she gets everyone to say hello then we see a whale swim up to Crush and Dory. Crush gets out of the way and then the Whale pushes Dory up against the glass of the "Human Tank."

After a few minutes with Dory it's time to go and then the show ends. My wife and I both liked this show. It's different than the WDW version and the seats are nicer to sit in. The kids like the show for the interaction with Crush and Dory but the humor is geared toward the adults.

Tinkerbelle
07-02-2005, 06:03 PM
What a great discription. Thanx for sharing. I am really looking forward to seeing it now.

Leli
07-03-2005, 02:20 AM
It's just like the one at WDW. I just saw it last week.

SarahShep
07-05-2005, 09:10 AM
Awww, when we went to see it, the second part didn't happen! We only talked to Crush. But it was still super cute! I took my three cousins, all girls from ages 5-7, to see it and they loved it! We actually accidentally ended up in the line for the show when we were actually trying to go see Princess Jasmine. Oops! Oh well, it was a good mistake.

cstephens
07-05-2005, 09:44 AM
We saw a show on Monday, and it was fun to watch the process, but the surfer talk got old after a while.

We didn't get Dory for our show.

BQ2
07-05-2005, 09:23 PM
My wife and I got to see the soft opening for Turtle Talk today. Since we've seen the WDW version, we were very happy to walk by and see that they were opened today.

Thanks!

Where is turtle talk ?

Thanks.
:confused:

disney jones
07-05-2005, 09:28 PM
DCA - Animation building - we hope to see it Thursday.

Viva La Disney
07-05-2005, 09:28 PM
It's in the Disney Animation building in Hollywood Pictures Backlot in DCA.

EDIT: Darn, Jones beat me to it. :p

bassett1976
07-05-2005, 09:49 PM
Now I'm starting to wonder how many different "shows" that they have. Does anyone know?

disney jones
07-05-2005, 09:50 PM
isn't each one "live"?

bassett1976
07-05-2005, 11:25 PM
Yes, each one is live but it sounds like they do different things in different shows. *Look at the spoilers* They seem to have different content.

Disney Vault
07-09-2005, 07:37 PM
http://www.mouseinfo.com/showupdate.php?id=20050709&page=1

Mouseinfo has two short clips of turtle talk. And I really like the murals on the walls.

stitchlvr
07-09-2005, 09:02 PM
Just don't be too disappointed if you can't get in to see it. It isn't "officially" open yet. We were unable to see it this last week (Tues to Thurs.). A lot of it is hit or miss timing. There are no scheduled shows. A CM explained to me that they are training on it right now and they open it for training exercises at times, but it is not predictable at all. He couldn't tell me when it would or might be open. Oh well, now we have something new to try the next trip!

mzloolue
07-09-2005, 10:00 PM
It's just like the one at WDW. I just saw it last week.

Yep

It sounds just like the one I saw at WDW.