PDA

View Full Version : The Rain Forest Cafe is on fire

Pages : [1] 2

Disnerd
07-02-2005, 08:22 AM
I'm walking into work right now and the roof of the Rain Forest Cafe is on fire. They have closed the DTD parking lot and all guest are being directed from the area by security. Major crowd control issues in DTD. I report more if this PDA can find a signal. Looks like there will be major water damage. Man and I wanted to get some Rasta Pasta for dinner tonight. :crying:

CrazyTrain
07-02-2005, 08:27 AM
Oh my! :eek:

Disnerd
07-02-2005, 08:29 AM
Fire is out. DLFD has called it code 4. Major water damage. DTD parking is closed.

Darkbeer
07-02-2005, 08:42 AM
KNX 1070 News Radio mentioned the fire, it was on the second and third floors, and no reports of injuries....

Opus1guy
07-02-2005, 09:15 AM
Sounds like they coulda used a little more rain inside.

Hope no one was hurt.

TikiGeek
07-02-2005, 09:26 AM
Even Disney is burning down the Rain Forest - Sheesh!

Save the Rain Forest!

Shortiemetoo
07-02-2005, 09:30 AM
Happy there were no injuries!!!!

pisces
07-02-2005, 09:33 AM
There's a Rainforest Cafe at South Coast Plaza, in Costa Mesa....about 30-45 minute from Anaheim, assuming no traffic.

They are hardly unique to Disneyland.

Still, I do think this is a tragedy, and I hope nobody was injured. I wonder if somebody threw a fire cracker, or bottle rocket?

Are personal fireworks allowed in the City of Anaheim? I'd think not.

disneyperson
07-02-2005, 09:33 AM
Scary, thank goodness no one was hurt. (no one was hurt, right?")

socaltexan02
07-02-2005, 09:51 AM
Yikes! I hope it was contained and no one was hurt.

SCUBAbe
07-02-2005, 09:52 AM
Are personal fireworks allowed in the City of Anaheim? I'd think not.

in the area I live the city of palmdale allows safe and sane fireworks. Every other city does not. So everyone buys them in palmdale and uses them in all the surrounding cities. I don't even know how they got their name...safe?? they are on fire!! ..sane...drunk people are using them and showing their 3+ year old children to light them. They also crush them to make them louder or alter them so they will fly...*sigh* more of a problem this year will be the illrgal fireworks. they ahve been filling the night sky with bolltle rockets and such for days now. There's no way the police can crack down on the numbers of people doing this. My next real concern is the gun fire. the intelligent people where I live like to celebrate their indenpendence by firing weapons into the air and by doing so possiblt taking the independence away from innocent people....

SoCalSteven
07-02-2005, 09:56 AM
in the area I live the city of palmdale allows safe and sane fireworks. Every other city does not. So everyone buys them in palmdale and uses them in all the surrounding cities. I don't even know how they got their name...safe?? they are on fire!! ..sane...drunk people are using them and showing their 3+ year old children to light them. They also crush them to make them louder or alter them so they will fly...*sigh* more of a problem this year will be the illrgal fireworks. they ahve been filling the night sky with bolltle rockets and such for days now. There's no way the police can crack down on the numbers of people doing this. My next real concern is the gun fire. the intelligent people where I live like to celebrate their indenpendence by firing weapons into the air and by doing so possiblt taking the independence away from innocent people....
"Safe and Sane" fireworks aren't that bad really, as long as you are sober that is. Firecrackers and bottle rockets are NOT "safe and sane" fireworks though.

pisces
07-02-2005, 09:59 AM

Really? I'm in West Los Angeles, and we don't have a clue. It's usually overcast on the 4th and all the public shows get cancelled, so we don't know if that means we are allowed our own, or not. And, we don't know if fireworks means just the bottle rockets and fire crackers, or everything. I don't think sparklers count. Obviously, there are no fireworks stands around here. I miss the days of Red Devil, and Freedom Fireworks Stands.

Goin to the Fireworks Stands with my dollar allowance and buyin a few Sparklers. Remember the Pickle O'Petes????

Those were the days.

sierranevada
07-02-2005, 10:05 AM

I'm with you on this on, SCUBAbe! I live in one of the few cities in NorCal that sells "safe & sane" fireworks!! You walk through our neighborhood on July 5th and it looks like a war zone... debris everywhere, smoke still hanging around! Not sure what is safe and sane about that!

Back on topic ... hope to hear that all the animals and people are okay at Rainforest! I love their tanks!

SCUBAbe
07-02-2005, 10:05 AM
Goin to the Fireworks Stands with my dollar allowance and buyin a few Sparklers.

Those were the days.

come up to plamdale. they are on every street cornor right now. The proceeds go to various organizations...or maybe I should say various organzations will sponsor their own stand and their proceeds got to them. If a city here does not sell them then they are illegal in that city to use...or so I've been told. However, you will see them in every city on july 4th...and if you go up tierra subida (sp?) street...it goes up to a higher elevation and you can look over the whole valley and see various fireworks shows as well as the illegal ones flying up...yeah I live in a boring town and to be honest I only went up on the street once, but alot of people were there...LOL

pisces
07-02-2005, 10:08 AM
Well, I've got a mind to do just that. Don't suppose sparklers are still $0.50 cents each ????? eh? :rolleyes:

SCUBAbe
07-02-2005, 10:16 AM
Well, I've got a mind to do just that. Don't suppose sparklers are still $0.50 cents each ????? eh? :rolleyes:

the sparklers of my day...the different colored ones that you can write with are lomg gone...deemed to dangereous...now they have these cheap ones that are not the same, but you can hold them. There's a box of 6 i think, but I'm not sure of the cost. I know a small box of fireworks (like maybe 10 in it) is $35-$40 dollars. I told my BF i shold just through my cash in a pile and set it on fire...LOL

I haven't bought fireworks in a few years..

and yes, they are messy..hardly anyone cleans them up...so the street are filled with ashes and the remains of those snake ones,...not to mention the empty cardboard fireowrks wrapping everywhere. Last year my lovely low class white trash neighbors decided to discard their fireworks in the gutter drain. It caused it to back up all over the street and made stuff rot in it so it reeked until the city cleaned it out.

TikiGeek
07-02-2005, 10:27 AM
Since this thread has become the "Safe & Sane Fireworks Thread"; does anyone remember Cherry Bombs and Silver Salutes??? What about seal control bombs? Now that's unsafe and insane but fun. I remember there were a couple of kids in the neighborhood that blew their fingers off - Oh, those were the days.

Osky
07-02-2005, 10:28 AM
Fireworks are definitely illegal in Anaheim. The rain forest cafe isn't even allowed to put a sparkler in that big dessert like they do at all of the other locations. Ironic that the Anahiem location is the one to catch fire!

Oh, and I didn't realize firing guns into the air is now customary in Palmdale. I lived in Lancaster until 1993, and I never heard about stuff like that at the time. However, gangs were just starting to be an issue around that time, and the brand new mall in palmdale was starting to become a hangout. How is it now?

Osky
07-02-2005, 10:30 AM
Since this thread has become the "Safe & Sane Fireworks Thread"; does anyone remember Cherry Bombs and Silver Salutes??? What about seal control bombs? Not that's unsafe and insane but fun. I remember there were a couple of kids in the neighborhood that blew their fingers off - Oh, those were the days.

Cherry bombs were the best. I found some that were dried out in our garage after sitting in there for 20+ years. They were cracking like old tires after years of no use. I swear, they must get more explosive over the years because these things were awesome!

pisces
07-02-2005, 10:38 AM
:eek: $35.00-$40.00 :eek:

I hope they are making 'em long lasting.

Back in the day, you could get a Red Devil box for about $5.00 - $8.00, and that would get you about two dozen sparklers, three or four pickle o'petes, the silver salutes, and about three or four major, miscellaneous (clear-the-street) ones.

I think fire crackers were always illegal, everywhere, even way back when. You'd just go into Tijuana and bring back a couple a dozen. And, they were cheap there. Actually, there's a thought. Maybe I'll meander down to TJ !!!!

07-02-2005, 10:44 AM
Since this has become a fireworks discussion, to the Lounge we go!

BellhopMicah
07-02-2005, 10:47 AM
Aw, that's terrible! :(

SCUBAbe
07-02-2005, 11:30 AM
Fireworks are definitely illegal in Anaheim. The rain forest cafe isn't even allowed to put a sparkler in that big dessert like they do at all of the other locations. Ironic that the Anahiem location is the one to catch fire!

Oh, and I didn't realize firing guns into the air is now customary in Palmdale. I lived in Lancaster until 1993, and I never heard about stuff like that at the time. However, gangs were just starting to be an issue around that time, and the brand new mall in palmdale was starting to become a hangout. How is it now?

they don't like to report on gang activites, but yalking to law enforcement people it is a really bad problem. they fire guns on new years eve as well. A few weeks ago a lady was mugged at the mall. She was leaving a restaurant on the outskirts when ti happened. last I heard she had a collasped lung and a cracked skull in critical condition. I ahve never felt threatend here...well, excpet for when I was robbed at gun point....but I don't go out alot at night anymore and I rarely go to the mall. I hate that mall. If i go out to do anything I drive somewhere else. :)

Osky
07-02-2005, 11:36 AM
That's terrible. It looks like it is about time for the antelope valley to bite the bullet and spend some money for a police force rather than relying on the LA County Sheriff. Sometimes I miss living there, but most of the time I do not.