PDA

View Full Version : SoCal AP Upgrade Question

Amybirds
07-01-2005, 04:53 PM
I'm planning a birthday trip in mid-November with my DH (no kids!)to celebrate my 30th Birthday. We have each been given a one-day pass as an early birthday gift, but we want to spend more than one day there (it's been 7 years since I've last been there and I fear one day will not be enough!)

We are going mid-week (Tues, Wed, Thurs, possibly Fri), so it looks like the SoCal Select Annual Passport for $99 is the most affordable option since all the days we're looking at are not black-out days. The problem is that both of our California Driver's Licenses show N.California addresses. I have my old CA ID, which expired 11/2004, which shows a SoCal address, but my husbands expired back in 2003. Will we both need to show proof of residency? Will they accept my expired CDL or do we need to bring mail sent to a S.Cal address (which I can bring if necessary) as proof or what?

Basically, what are the requirements in the park to upgrade a one-day ticket to a SoCal Annual pass and how tough are they with enforcing them?

Also, where do I go to do the upgrade and when is the best time of day to do it? We were planning on going to Ca Adventure on the first day -- can we do the Annual Pass upgrade there or only in Disneyland?

Thanks!

lauramaynot
07-02-2005, 09:22 PM
You know I had the same problem. I am a SC resident (we own a house there and use it as our permanent address) and my husband is Military and currently stationed in Nevada. My CA drivers licence has my current address on it in NV. When I called and asked what I should do they told me that you need something that proves your address, a bill or something like that would work just as well as a DL. They also told me that only one person had to show ID when you pick up your tickets at the ticket booths out front. I never tested this theory because we decided on the Deluxe pass because it offered us more flexability and since we don't always have control of our schedule it made more sense. Make sure that you look at the block out dates on the SC pass because I know that most of the summer is a block out date for that pass and if your there on block out dates you have to buy the block out date ticket for $30 more. I don't remember if they asked for ID when we went and got our pictures taken for our cards. Hope this helps :)